Share Your Desktop

CaféAuLait;1081244 said:
Share your desktop picture if you don't mind...

Here's mine. I like the loneliness of the scene, the moon, and the contrast it gives my icons placed around the edges:

741x450-ValledeLaLunaL-Chilehighdes.jpg

I ask the computer to "stretch" it and that compresses the vertical scales a few degrees.
In this version I resized it to 741 pixels wide to fit here.

I have had a few ask me how to capture the "screen shot" of my desktop. Whatever page or screen you have open if you hit the "Prt Sc" or under it says "Sys Rq" ( two commands on one key) upper right of the keyboard next to "Num Lock".

Anyway if you hit that button on the screen or any web page then open "Paint" ( Start-- "all programs"-- "accessories"-- then "Paint") when you have the paint program open hit your Control Key ( CTRl) plus the letter V. Or Right click your mouse and paste..... you will see that the web page or your desk top is now there in front of you.

Click File and save as... then upload to your Image hosting site. I change mine to JPEG from Bitmap ...

Click-- Prt Sc
Open-- Paint
Paste into paint program
Save
Upload

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me again if those instructions are unclear! :redface:

In Ubuntu there are two easy ways, use the Print-Screen (Prt Sc) button on your keyboard and it pops up the dialog to let you save it automatically, or in your Applications menu, under Accessories there's an applet that allows to to take screen-shots of your whole screen, desktop, or just one window.

In Ubuntu there are two easy ways, use the Print-Screen (Prt Sc) button on your keyboard and it pops up the dialog to let you save it automatically, or in your Applications menu, under Accessories there's an applet that allows to to take screen-shots of your whole screen, desktop, or just one window.

Ubuntu?? Gosh never heard of it-- there is so much stuff out there now!! What is Ubuntu?

Hi American Horse I like yours reminds me of something I would have on my desktop!!!

Kitten
It is cute, for whatever reason I thought of the Power Puff girls!

CaféAuLait;1084455 said:

Ubuntu?? Gosh never heard of it-- there is so much stuff out there now!! What is Ubuntu?

African speak

CaféAuLait;1084455 said:

First ... Ubuntu is a Linux kernel OS with Gnome and KDE GUI ... a great replacement if you are tired of Windoze. It's growing in popularity and is completely free, the name given is African meaning something like "community". It's based on Open Source and released under the GNU license. You can try it for free at no risk if you want, just search or go to ubuntu.com for more info.

As for mu desktop ... it's Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, a really cool anime I like, and she reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.

As for mu desktop ... it's Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, a really cool anime I like, and she reminds me of myself in a lot of ways.

You have blue hair and your ass is hanging out ?

Not blue hair ... my hair doesn't like dyes. You'd have to watch the show a bit to understand really. She's always calm, even when everything is exploding around her, logical, and can control electronics with touch (though I can't actually do that I have a natural knack with them that seems almost magical to some people).

Not blue hair ... my hair doesn't like dyes. You'd have to watch the show a bit to understand really. She's always calm, even when everything is exploding around her, logical, and can control electronics with touch (though I can't actually do that I have a natural knack with them that seems almost magical to some people).
What about yer ass hanging out?

Just because I don't like sex doesn't mean I don't like to show off a bit ... :eusa_whistle:

Just because I don't like sex doesn't mean I don't like to show off a bit ... :eusa_whistle:
Anybody that doesn't like sex just ain't been rolled just right.......
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jak1IMqpCJ4]YouTube - Delbert McClinton - Never Been Rocked Enough[/ame]

Forum List

Back