Share people's concerns with White House

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
GOP Senator: White House Encroaching on First Amendment

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=19

Mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the First Amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “Send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that I sent that I did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize Bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the White House know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, I think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted Philadelphia Town Meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of McCarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

Mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the First Amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “Send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that I sent that I did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize Bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the White House know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, I think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted Philadelphia Town Meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of McCarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

Sure!

gals, u guys are sick-- just call and email the Congessman!-- amanda's avatar shows it all with the head in hands!-- flood the SOB's with data and they will HAVE to respond on some level-- Regards, proubs ps. this message was paid for and set up by an insurance company trying to pull back after rolling over for the White House

Mattskramer's position:

Good advice, but most of the folks on here with ODS won't listen.

gop senator: White house encroaching on first amendment

mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the first amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that i sent that i did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the white house know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, i think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted philadelphia town meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the house committee on un-american activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of mccarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

good advice, but most of the folks on here with ods won't listen.

ods?

gop senator: White house encroaching on first amendment

mattskramer's position:

First of all, the title for the article is miss-named. How is having an email being forwarded an encroachment on the first amendment? You are still free to speak (or email) but you might just want to proofread what you type before you hit “send”. My father used to say that you need to be clear, concise and careful when sending emails because they might get forwarded. A friend of mine once forwarded an email that i sent that i did not intend to have forwarded. Sometimes people don’t know when what is being given is intended to be a secret. If what you have to say is personal, let him know that it is personal. That is all that there is to it.

Also, don’t be afraid to speak your mind. You are still free to criticize the president today, at least to the same degree that you were free to criticize bush during his term in office. Besides, how will the white house know that you have a gripe (or a misunderstanding) unless it clearly hears what you have to say?

Right off hand, i think that this might be a good idea. Questions and concerns will be received and evaluated in a better fashion than they did during that disrupted philadelphia town meeting. It is pretty hard to have what amounted to a rude shouting contest in a crowded auditorium when email is used.

Finally, please don’t get paranoid. No one is going to come banging on your door and haul you before the house committee on un-american activities. Those shameful and embarrassing days of mccarthyism are pretty much dead and gone.

good advice, but most of the folks on here with ods won't listen.

ods?

Obama Derangement Syndrome, a variant of so-called BDS, which cons claim occured during the last Presidency. The strain has mutated.

Forum List

Back