Share faith...lose your job

I dont think catholic charities, or any religious organization should be forced to go against what they believe simply to appease gays or anyone else.

Many of them receive state or federal funds, they cannot and should not discriminate with how they use those funds. If they want to then they can give up all the subsidies and funding from the government.

Religious organizations receive federal and state funding?
Yes, they are called faith based initiatives.

And a Christian wouldn't expect a Muslim to be fired over sharing their views.

This is exactly the shit that freedom of speech is supposed to prevent.

There is one flaw, freedom of speech is to prevent the government from restricting speech. While in a private business you actually do not have such a freedom. They can expel you just for saying a word they don't like.

ACtually, I should have said freedom of religion.

It is in place to keep people from being discriminated against because of their religion. Whether in the workplace, the school, when running for office...people have the right to be openly religious, period, and to fire them for being so is discimination.

Now that's not to say ppl should be able to use work time (or work place) as their personal pulpit. When you're at work you should be working. But it's illegal to ding people for discussing their religion with people, unless they are running those people down and hounding them. But to say to your co-worker, "I'm a Christian, we do so & so or attend such and such church," or as it pertains to any subject, to appropriately share your religious views, is perfectly fine. So long as you aren't using work time to get into long lingering religious debate and/or using work time, materials or space to proselytise.

We don't have to hide our religious views. That's why it's nice to be an American. However, you can't expect your employer to foot the bill for your testimony. Appropriately discussing it here and there at appropriate times is one thing and is protected. Accosting your fellow workers on company time is not.

I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

When you can say that a majority of Americans would rather have their child marry a muslim than a christian, or when you can say that an American president said that christians can't be patriotic and shouldn't be citizens, then perhaps you can begin to claim persecution. When admitting one is a christian guarantees you will not be elected to office, then maybe you can perhaps claim persecution.

369px-Not-persecuted.jpg

There are no restrictions on expressions of faith in regards to privately owned entities. A private business may restrict its employees' expression (to a degree) or it may promote a certain faith (as many do). Many businesses here in the south put "fish" symbols on their signs or business cards. Others place religious quotes on their billboards.

The only place christians have had to ease their oppression of all other faiths is in the public square which is supposed to be owned by ALL Americans, even those of us without gods. In public endeavors, it is only appropriate to be religiously NEUTRAL, not pro-Atheist or pro-Theist, whether specific or general.

Bullshit. In public endeavors, and in public places, we have the right to exercise freedom of speech. We don't have to shut our mouths because you don't like what is being said.

And if you were educated in America, the education system let you down sadly if this is what they taught you.

I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

When you can say that a majority of Americans would rather have their child marry a muslim than a christian, or when you can say that an American president said that christians can't be patriotic and shouldn't be citizens, then perhaps you can begin to claim persecution. When admitting one is a christian guarantees you will not be elected to office, then maybe you can perhaps claim persecution.

369px-Not-persecuted.jpg

There are no restrictions on expressions of faith in regards to privately owned entities. A private business may restrict its employees' expression (to a degree) or it may promote a certain faith (as many do). Many businesses here in the south put "fish" symbols on their signs or business cards. Others place religious quotes on their billboards.

The only place christians have had to ease their oppression of all other faiths is in the public square which is supposed to be owned by ALL Americans, even those of us without gods. In public endeavors, it is only appropriate to be religiously NEUTRAL, not pro-Atheist or pro-Theist, whether specific or general.

Bullshit. In public endeavors, and in public places, we have the right to exercise freedom of speech. We don't have to shut our mouths because you don't like what is being said.

And if you were educated in America, the education system let you down sadly if this is what they taught you.

Amen. The thing is, I believe the things of God are above the law. I know other religions and secular people have different opinions. I believe all of those opinions are free for the speaking. I personally believe God created man, and when man seeks God for His calling, that calling will be carried out wherever and whenever God leads the person.

As a matter of fact, I am so sure of that that I follow that leading even where the governmment says "no." I don pt do that to be rebellious, or hateful.I do it because I believe God is good and has something good to say and do in my life. I will not allow that to be restricted. Yup, John lost his head over the Godpel, Paul ended up in prison and killed for the Godpel, Daniel went to the lions, but did not die, because he stayed on God's plan for him. His three friends were tossed into the Fire, but survived because they walked with God in places the government said they were not to. Things happen, bur I will hang out with God all the way. I feel safe, even if the government takes action against me.

I am not a rebel. I am a person in love with people, and in the midst of God's calling on my life. Today, or soon, I will be speaking to a student about how much God loves him, and I know that is an issue for sopme people. However, I cannot not follow the very path God has laid out for me.

God bless you all.

It is very nice to watched such great declaration.Nice post,God bless u,brother!!Christian shall be the salt in this world and let people closing to God by our action. When we bapist,there is 3 identities be giving to the christian:prophet,king and priest.It is a duty to share the peace and joy to the unbelievers.

Corinthians, chapter 9 "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!"

crusade0060.jpg

And a Christian wouldn't expect a Muslim to be fired over sharing their views.

This is exactly the shit that freedom of speech is supposed to prevent.
Sure it shall be banned those islamic poison to fouling the innocent's soul,and entice them to satan allah.

This is one such "mission":

Seattle's Union Gospel Mission: Welcome to Seattle's Union Gospel Mission

It's in my area and I know for a fact that in order to get a meal from them you have to sit through their "services".

I can find nowhere where it says that in order to get food from the Union Gospel Mission you have to attend any services.

The services are offered, and on a regular scedule. People go there voluntarily. My sister was a director of one, and they do not force anyone to attend.

However, they do still feed them and give them housing, and clothing, etc. They offer real love, and help.

Show me proof that they force anyone to attend their Christian services.

It's in my area and I know for a fact that in order to get a meal from them you have to sit through their "services".

I can find nowhere where it says that in order to get food from the Union Gospel Mission you have to attend any services.

The services are offered, and on a regular scedule. People go there voluntarily. My sister was a director of one, and they do not force anyone to attend.

However, they do still feed them and give them housing, and clothing, etc. They offer real love, and help.

Wow ... you think they would advertise that? Naive you are. I lived in these shelters for many years, I know the local system and some other states as well, they do it, period.

I've worked with a number of Christian charities. In my experience, Catholicism is the only denomination that makes no attempt to push their beliefs on those they assist. Even if its something as innocuous as distributing Bibles, it seems that every other group of Christians makes some attempt to convert whoever they're helping. Many Islamic charities do this as well, especially Saudi-funded charities.

I've worked with a number of Christian charities. In my experience, Catholicism is the only denomination that makes no attempt to push their beliefs on those they assist. Even if its something as innocuous as distributing Bibles, it seems that every other group of Christians makes some attempt to convert whoever they're helping. Many Islamic charities do this as well, especially Saudi-funded charities.

It mostly depends on the area. In my area the Catholic ones are actually less likely to do so, strange as it sounds, though for some services they will turn you down if you are not a "christian" (I got turned down for permanent housing from them because of a pentacle). I had a friend turned away from the Union Gospel Mission for listening to headphones during their "service" before lunch.

Wow ... you think they would advertise that? Naive you are. I lived in these shelters for many years, I know the local system and some other states as well, they do it, period.

OK. I'll just have to say I believe you are wrong about it, anf it is not happening. In any case, that one place is not serving God in their Gospel. Sad, but some people just get it wrong.

Forum List

Back