Share faith...lose your job

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

And a Christian wouldn't expect a Muslim to be fired over sharing their views.

This is exactly the shit that freedom of speech is supposed to prevent.

If you were my employee and harassed the other employees over this or any subject I'd fire you, too.
As a private sector organization, you certainly could do that.

Personally, if I received no complaints from anyone, I would not do a thing to the employee as I would not want any possible EEO lawsuits on my hands. If I did receive complaints, I would talk to the employee and if that effected no change, I still would think long and hard about those EEO laws before firing anyone.

EEO laws are in place, so this OP seems rather like fear-mongering.

Last edited:

There is one flaw, freedom of speech is to prevent the government from restricting speech. While in a private business you actually do not have such a freedom. They can expel you just for saying a word they don't like.

Let me repeat this bit of information for you...freedom of speech is not the issue here. Employers are allowed to decide to disallow their employees from harassing others in any manner they wish.

There is one flaw, freedom of speech is to prevent the government from restricting speech. While in a private business you actually do not have such a freedom. They can expel you just for saying a word they don't like.

Of course they can. But if there's no policy in place which specifically says the topic of religion has to stay at home, it's pure bigotry to fire Christians for referring to their religion.

Witnessing to CLIENTS is a different matter, and few businesses will tolerate that, and rightly so.

They certainly can. But, this is a bit more shady as there are EEO laws to protect discrimination based on religion. So, a wise employer would weigh the risk of litigation, I would imagine.

what a bunch of rhetorical bullshit. POST EVIDENCE BITCH.

oh, and if your boss tells you to stop trying to throw a fucking bible at your co-workers then perhaps you should go ahead and remember what purpose your employment serves. Hint: it's not because anyone else gives a fuck about how much faith you have in the ghost of a dead jew.

I remember when there was an occasional news story of someone complaining about a student handing out Christian tracts in school, and the ACLU was called in to make sure it did not happen again. ACLU won some and lost some.

It is an everyday event now, only the ACLU is not always in it because other organizations have jumped on the bandwagon.

When it happened before, it was usually about students, and now it is about anyone in the school, or even in public, doing anything religious (as long as it is Christian). It has come to a point when one person, can cause all others to be disallowed to do something religious (as long as it is Christian), just by complaining.

The bottom line is, I believe Christians are beginning to, for the first time ever in the US, be persecuted. They are losing their jobs, going to jail, in some cases getting injured by violence, and more.

I for one am a Christian who still loves the one who complains about everything a Christian does, but I am now getting a little ticked off at their power. I share my faith whenever and wherever I am led to do so. I have an awesome relationship with God, and He is like a ball of energy inside of me. I do work for the government, and God goes with me there. I work in the schools, and God goes with me there. If He has something to say, I experience an energy that I cannot explain, and I share.

I know America is falling into a moral quicksand. I know that I am putting myself in a place where I can lose a job or such. I know all of this, but my faith is my life. Shall I just die?

No, I believe God is alive and will be alive wherever He wants to, and I want to be there when He expresses Himself. I share with students and teachers experiences that I have each week as I walk with God. My life is full of awesome joys, some of which have to come after clouds go away. Some of my joy has to be experienced after crisis, but joy always comes. I cannot not share that joy, it is God's way of making all things work for good in my life. It is like "a cup that runneth over." I like that song that says, "I drink from the saucer now for my cup is running over.

I love God, and He demonstrated His love for me on a daily basis. How can I not live out the faith that is in me.

Now, Christians, I know many of you have the same experience. Stand up and proclaim it to the world, anytime and anywhere. Be the person God has called to you to be.

I believe true believers are starting to show up in America, in a way that will draw other believers out into the public with their faith. Remember Christians, it is about His life in us, not about us. Where God is, awesome things happen, and God is in us.

Don't do it as a form of revenge. Learn to do it as a lifestyle, spontaneous, and at the moving of the Holy Spirit in you. Let God have some space in your life to move around and express Himself. Watch out though, It will knock your socks off when He blasts into action in you spontaneously, and it shakes the world around you.

God bless you all.

When you can say that a majority of Americans would rather have their child marry a muslim than a christian, or when you can say that an American president said that christians can't be patriotic and shouldn't be citizens, then perhaps you can begin to claim persecution. When admitting one is a christian guarantees you will not be elected to office, then maybe you can perhaps claim persecution.

369px-Not-persecuted.jpg

There are no restrictions on expressions of faith in regards to privately owned entities. A private business may restrict its employees' expression (to a degree) or it may promote a certain faith (as many do). Many businesses here in the south put "fish" symbols on their signs or business cards. Others place religious quotes on their billboards.

The only place christians have had to ease their oppression of all other faiths is in the public square which is supposed to be owned by ALL Americans, even those of us without gods. In public endeavors, it is only appropriate to be religiously NEUTRAL, not pro-Atheist or pro-Theist, whether specific or general.

oh, and if your boss tells you to stop trying to throw a fucking bible at your co-workers then perhaps you should go ahead and remember what purpose your employment serves. Hint: it's not because anyone else gives a fuck about how much faith you have in the ghost of a dead jew.
Your personal issues, idiocy, and off-topic ramblings aside, one would think most are familiar with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the EEOC, but obviously not:
Subsequent legislation expanded the role of the EEOC. Today, according to the U. S. Government Manual of 1998-99, the EEOC enforces laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age in hiring, promoting, firing, setting wages, testing, training, apprenticeship, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Race, color, sex, creed, and age are now protected classes. The proposal to add each group to protected-class status unleashed furious debate. But no words stimulate the passion of the debate more than "affirmative action."
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Last edited:
That's cause you're a bitch. :lol:
Well...I would let them harass you with readings from the Quron without penalty. :eusa_angel:

I'm sure you would. I have no doubt that you'd help fund them to blow as many christians up as they liked as well. :razz:

As long as they keep killing Christians and leave us atheists alone......:eusa_whistle:

Come to think about it, when are you Christians going to declare holy war on the muslims?? Oh--you already have...

Your personal issues, idiocy, and off-topic ramblings aside, one would think most are familiar with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the EEOC, but obviously not:
Subsequent legislation expanded the role of the EEOC. Today, according to the U. S. Government Manual of 1998-99, the EEOC enforces laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age in hiring, promoting, firing, setting wages, testing, training, apprenticeship, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Race, color, sex, creed, and age are now protected classes. The proposal to add each group to protected-class status unleashed furious debate. But no words stimulate the passion of the debate more than "affirmative action."
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

It's not discrimination against religious affiliation to make an EMPLOYEE WORK instead of gossip about the latest jesus sighting. sorry to burst your lil bubble, whore.

ps, i work in HR. If I hire you to answer a phone and, instead, you are busy relaying your personal faith to a coworker not only do I have the right to enforce policy up to and including termination but your refusal to act on my command amounts to insubordination; easily one of the quickest dis-qualifiers for unemployment available.

:thup:

put that on your bible and thump it, streetwalker.

# An employer is not required to accommodate an employee's religious beliefs and practices if doing so would impose an undue hardship on the employers' legitimate business interests. An employer can show undue hardship if accommodating an employee's religious practices requires more than ordinary administrative costs, diminishes efficiency in other jobs, infringes on other employees' job rights or benefits, impairs workplace safety, causes co-workers to carry the accommodated employee's share of potentially hazardous or burdensome work, or if the proposed accommodation conflicts with another law or regulation.
# Employers must permit employees to engage in religious expression, unless the religious expression would impose an undue hardship on the employer. Generally, an employer may not place more restrictions on religious expression than on other forms of expression that have a comparable effect on workplace efficiency.

Religious Discrimination

Leave it to a dogma junkie jesus addict to ignore the law for the sake of crying MARTYR.

:lol:

Got nothing else to add, eh ****? Yea, I kinda thought so.

:thup:

Leave it to a dogma junkie jesus addict to ignore the law for the sake of crying MARTYR.

:lol:
Leave it to an insane idiot to demonstrate their hallucinations of what is not reality.

You have issues, seriously - seek help for the safety of society.

Forum List

Back