Shaq to Retire

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
In an ironic juxtaposition to the "People you wish would just go away" thread, Shaquille O'Neal announced his retirement form the NBA today.

Even though I don't follow or even really like NBA basketball, Shaq was the kind of consummate pro that should be the norm rather than the exception.

Worked hard....Played the game well....No drama....Made time for the fans (the sitting in the square like a statue bit was priceless)....An enduring genuine smile of a truly happy guy.

I wish that he and guys like him would never go away.

Shaquille O'Neal announced he is retiring from professional basketball on his Twitter account Wednesday.

The 39-year-old wrote "I'm retiring" and linked to a video that showed him sitting down at an office desk. "We did it. 19 years, baby. I want to thank you very much," a smiling O'Neal said in the video. "That's why I'm telling you first that I'm about to retire. Love you. Talk to you soon."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/14826065/shaquille-oneal-tweets-his-retirement-from-the-nba

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMX1FGwyr38]YouTube - ‪shaq monster dunk‬‏[/ame]

In an ironic juxtaposition to the "People you wish would just go away" thread, Shaquille O'Neal announced his retirement form the NBA today.

Even though I don't follow or even really like NBA basketball, Shaq was the kind of consummate pro that should be the norm rather than the exception.

Worked hard....Played the game well....No drama....Made time for the fans (the sitting in the square like a statue bit was priceless)....An enduring genuine smile of a truly happy guy.

I wish that he and guys like him would never go away.

Shaquille O'Neal announced he is retiring from professional basketball on his Twitter account Wednesday.

The 39-year-old wrote "I'm retiring" and linked to a video that showed him sitting down at an office desk. "We did it. 19 years, baby. I want to thank you very much," a smiling O'Neal said in the video. "That's why I'm telling you first that I'm about to retire. Love you. Talk to you soon."

Shaquille O'Neal tweets his retirement from the NBA - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com
My pain and suffering of watching him go to the line has ended.
All else was fun..

Forum List

Back