Shape of Water..... decent.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
It was pretty good....Motion Picture of the Year?...uh...no. Not even close. The Academy has lost their minds, but we knew that.

The acting was top notch, cinematography was outstanding...another terrific job by Michael Shannon...becoming one of my favorites. Sally Hawkins did a good job as well (and nice nude scenes btw :113:)

But the storyline was predictable, and is too reminiscent of other films with the same theme...different creature.
All in all, worth seeing...but not even in the top 10 of films of the year.

I should mention....NOT a film for kids. A film kids would certainly want to see...but the nude scenes are full nudity and masturbation. Prolly not what you want your little one to see.

It was pretty good....Motion Picture of the Year?...uh...no. Not even close. The Academy has lost their minds, but we knew that.

The acting was top notch, cinematography was outstanding...another terrific job by Michael Shannon...becoming one of my favorites. Sally Hawkins did a good job as well (and nice nude scenes btw :113:)

But the storyline was predictable, and is too reminiscent of other films with the same theme...different creature.
All in all, worth seeing...but not even in the top 10 of films of the year.

I should mention....NOT a film for kids. A film kids would certainly want to see...but the nude scenes are full nudity and masturbation. Prolly not what you want your little one to see.

Wouldn't want to see that myself

I liked the girl's tits. Otherwise a terrible movie.

Not a terrible movie. But not a great movie either.
The only thing I can think of as to why the Academy would even think of rating it the Best Movie of the Year...is political. Perhaps the symbolism of someone having an affair with someone not like them (race, sex etc)
Or yet again showing the military as a bunch of bumbling mindless blood thirsty heathens.

I liked the girl's tits. Otherwise a terrible movie.

Not a terrible movie. But not a great movie either.
The only thing I can think of as to why the Academy would even think of rating it the Best Movie of the Year...is political. Perhaps the symbolism of someone having an affair with someone not like them (race, sex etc)
Or yet again showing the military as a bunch of bumbling mindless blood thirsty heathens.

I think you nailed it. Political correctness is a terrible affliction.

Terrible movie imo. No surprise Hollyweird gave an award to a movie with beastiality in it.

I really like Michael Shannon, he is certainly an up and comer. His portrayal of Richard Kucklinski in "Iceman" was outstanding. As well as "99 Homes", if you haven't seen that I highly recommend it.

Terrible movie imo. No surprise Hollyweird gave an award to a movie with beastiality in it.

I really like Michael Shannon, he is certainly an up and comer. His portrayal of Richard Kucklinski in "Iceman" was outstanding. As well as "99 Homes", if you haven't seen that I highly recommend it.
he was pretty good as Nelson Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire too....

he was pretty good as Nelson Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire too....

That's where we first saw him. Loved that show.

A movie about a woman who has a fling with a fish man??? I hope it is a comedy . . . .

Sort of...but yeah.
Thankfully it doesn't show any kind of "contact" between the two...but it does show full frontal of her a couple times.
I can appreciate the cinematography, same producer that did Pan's Labyrinth, which cinematicly is a masterpiece. And Michael Shannon is just a terrific actor. That was really the only thing I liked about the movie.
Who knows why Hollyweirdos rated this the film of the year..since yeah...the subject is a bit out there.

Forum List

Back