Shame on you "Family Feud" For Turning a Political Issue into a "Game"!

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
This afternoon, the local network aired an episode of the TV game show "Family Feud", hosted by John O'Hurley.

This episode featured the Knight family, headed by Rick Knight, versus the Cisneros Family, headed by Juan Cisneros. It went into sudden death before the Knight family managed to pull out a come from behind victory.

Why was this episode so different?

The Cisneros Family were of Chicano dissent, while the Knight family, as testified by Rick Knight, had seven relatives of their family who currently serving as POLICE OFFICERS in the state of ARIZONA.

To add insult to injury, the victorious Knight family's male contestants wore their badges on their belts. Why? Was it for the purpose of showing pride in being police officers, or was it for the purpose of taunting the Cisneros Family?

All I know was this. When John O'Hurley asked Rick Knight about his family's background, he (O'Hurley) "cringed" in reaction to the answer; almost as if he understood the significance of this match up.

Look, I don't mind a gameshow trying to do things in order to boost ratings, but this was classless. The producers knew what they were doing; so now gameshows want to get political... Great!!!

So who will the Knights play next? A Black family from Detroit? A Gay or Asian family from San Francisco or any Muslim family, anywhere in America?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Gosh I am SO SICK of something being made out of nothing now days. (no offense to you hylandrdet)

Brainstorm: Idea for a new game show.

Are You Smarter Than A Mexicano?

Last edited:
If this happened, cause I didn't see it, there's a producer who's been fired.

This afternoon, the local network aired an episode of the TV game show "Family Feud", hosted by John O'Hurley.

This episode featured the Knight family, headed by Rick Knight, versus the Cisneros Family, headed by Juan Cisneros. It went into sudden death before the Knight family managed to pull out a come from behind victory.

The Cisneros Family were of Chicano dissent, while the Knight family, as testified by Rick Knight, had seven relatives of their family who currently serving as POLICE OFFICERS in the state of ARIZONA.

To add insult to injury, the victorious Knight family's male contestants wore their badges on their belts. Why? Was it for the purpose of showing pride in being police officers, or was it for the purpose of taunting the Cisneros Family?

All I know was this. When John O'Hurley asked Rick Knight about his family's background, he (O'Hurley) "cringed" in reaction to the answer; almost as if he understood the significance of this match up.

Look, I don't mind a gameshow trying to do things in order to boost ratings, but this was classless. The producers knew what they were doing; so now gameshows want to get political... Great!!!

So who will the Knights play next? A Black family from Detroit? A Gay or Asian family from San Francisco or any Muslim family, anywhere in America?

Your thoughts?

You sure are reading a lot into this. Welfare check late again?

Feel free to do your research on the episode. It actually happened.

I was just asking a simple question...

What would be the odds that an AZ police family, just happen to take on a Chicano family, on a game show, at a time where the immigration issues are at its hottest?

Gimme your odds...

I like the input thus far when considering the fact that this was aimed at the producers of the show and not at any of you.

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

Note the bold...

OH MY GOD!!!

Guess who's today's opponents are?

The OUTLAW FAMILY, A Black family from California!!!:rofl:

AWWW THIS IS TOOOOOO RICH!!!

Your thoughts?

Note the bold...

OH MY GOD!!!

Guess who's today's opponents are?

The OUTLAW FAMILY, A Black family from California!!!:rofl:

AWWW THIS IS TOOOOOO RICH!!!

I'm going to close out this thread with the IRONIC results of that episode.

The Outlaw family came back to defeat the Knight family. This is how it went down and if I'm lying, I'm dying.

With the chance to make a steal and win the game, the Knight family was asked, with two answers left on the board this question. "What public place do you expect a fight to break out?". The Knight family answered "At a party". The answer was wrong, so the game went to sudden death.

Why was this so funny? Because the final two answers were...

1. At a courthouse
2. In prison

A family of police officers could not come up with one of those two answers:rofl:

So now its sudden death; a male member of the Knight family versus a female member of the Outlaw family. The question was as followed...

"Name a topic that everyone wants to discuss?"

The Outlaw family member hit the buzzer first and gave the correct answer...

The answer was... POLITICS!!!:disbelief::rolleyes:

I did not expect myself to be so accurate about an issue.

Your thoughts...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back