Shame on Roger Clemens

i'm going to see bill lee pitch in two weeks.

:thup:
:lol:

Fahtay will be in the audience for sure.

---
Why prosecute Roger Clemens? Because of a teenager

The answer to the question of why Congress would spend time and money attempting to prove that a prominent athlete lied is found in a name.

Taylor Hooton.

During the session, Don Hooton was called to testify about the death of his 17-year-old son, Taylor, a nephew of former major league pitcher Burt Hooton.

Don Hooton told how Taylor had hanged himself in his room July 15, 2003. He had wanted to become a major leaguer, like his uncle. His parents had noticed rapid increase in muscle and size, plus acne and mood swings, but hadn't understood why.

Clemens perjury case: Why prosecute Roger Clemens? Because of a teenager - latimes.com

• Thanks
Reactions: del
i'm going to see bill lee pitch in two weeks.

:thup:
:lol:

Fahtay will be in the audience for sure.

---
Why prosecute Roger Clemens? Because of a teenager

The answer to the question of why Congress would spend time and money attempting to prove that a prominent athlete lied is found in a name.

Taylor Hooton.

During the session, Don Hooton was called to testify about the death of his 17-year-old son, Taylor, a nephew of former major league pitcher Burt Hooton.

Don Hooton told how Taylor had hanged himself in his room July 15, 2003. He had wanted to become a major leaguer, like his uncle. His parents had noticed rapid increase in muscle and size, plus acne and mood swings, but hadn't understood why.

Clemens perjury case: Why prosecute Roger Clemens? Because of a teenager - latimes.com

he's got a heck of a curve ball :eusa_whistle:

Why can't Clemens be more like Charlie Rangel, Maxine Water, Chris Countrywide Dodd or William Jefferson?

Yeah congress definitely needed to be involved in this, it CERTAINLY wasn't a matter that should have been left to MLB to handle, and possibly just law enforcement officials. :rolleyes:

Bill Lee almost kicked my ass. If you think I'm obnoxious now, you should have seen me as a Yankee fan in 1977. My sister made a "Fisk Eats Rice" shirt and wore it to the stadium when we'd go watch the BoSox.

We stayed after one Bosox loss (I can't remember which) and we caught up with the BoSox bus Bill Lee was in the back and while he's a calm and rational guy and probably a really nice guy too, I heckled him so badly he starting jumping out of his seat and was on his way off the bus to kick my ass before other team mates reminded him that even though I had earned a good beating picking on a Yankee fan in on a Bronx Street in 1977 was not a good idea.

Heckling Bill Lee like that was one of the few things in life that I regret.

Nah.

(I think it might have been 78 and I was riding Lee that even Zimmer thought he sucked.)

Last edited:
Yeah congress definitely needed to be involved in this, it CERTAINLY wasn't a matter that should have been left to MLB to handle, and possibly just law enforcement officials. :rolleyes:

The beauty of it all is that Roger didn't even have to go. He was under no obligation to testify that day and went on his own accord. Too bad for him and his freakishly oversized ego that he thought he would get away with it.

Forum List

Back