Shallow depth of field

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Depth of field is the area in front of the pictures subject and behind the pictures subject that is in focus. This image was taken using a Nikon 50mm lens with aperture set at 1.8 giving a very shallow depth of field.

DSC_4244.jpg

• Banned
It's ok if you can't understand it.

• Banned
I was simply trying to explain "shallow depth of field" to people who may have wondered what it meant. Go troll somewhere else.

Depth of field is the area in front of the pictures subject and behind the pictures subject that is in focus. This image was taken using a Nikon 50mm lens with aperture set at 1.8 giving a very shallow depth of field.

View attachment 157495

I noticed you posted a picture of cat food. Do you know the reason why cats have whiskers? Because they have a hard time seeing things that are closer than 6 inches to their face, and the whiskers help them navigate around.

View attachment 157495

I noticed you posted a picture of cat food. Do you know the reason why cats have whiskers? Because they have a hard time seeing things that are closer than 6 inches to their face, and the whiskers help them navigate around.
If the whiskers get through, the cat gets through.

View attachment 157495

Yeah, on occasion, I like to watch Animal Planet. Did you know that cats have 32 separate muscles in each ear so that they can rotate them and use their ears like a directional microphone?

View attachment 157495

Yeah, on occasion, I like to watch Animal Planet. Did you know that cats have 32 separate muscles in each ear so that they can rotate them and use their ears like a directional microphone?
I knew a cat can move its ears but didn´t know there are 32 muscle. I was responsible for our cats back then.

Yeah, cats are interesting critters.

I kinda prefer cats over dogs because they are easier to take care of. Set out a bowl of food and water, keep the litter box clean, and there is not much other upkeep required.

Dogs? You gotta exercise and walk them on a daily basis.

Cats? A piece of string, 5 min. of having fun, and the cat has been exercised.

Forum List

Back