Shall the Queen Step Down and Let Charles Rule England?

I just saw a documentary on Charles and the general consensus was that William will not leapfrog Charles. He has two sons then however many Will has will add to the lineage, there's no hurry to get Will in there and for him to provide an heir.

I just saw a documentary on Charles and the general consensus was that William will not leapfrog Charles. He has two sons then however many Will has will add to the lineage, there's no hurry to get Will in there and for him to provide an heir.
ah, only the first born actually adds to the lineage
when the last "first born" has a child, that takes the place of the previous 2nd born, if i remember correctly

I'm waiting for them to appoint an Irishman or Welshman at the helm. Yeah, I know.

If Charles had any brains or decency in him, he would do as King Edward did and abdicate. Edward apparently had many affairs and put any duties to his country aside to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson with whom he had a long affair. My recollection is the affair did not go over well with the Brits. He and Wallis went into permanent exile somewhere in France.

Charles should do the same - abdicate so William can take the throne and Charles and his long time paramour and current wife can disappear to the hills of Scotland to pursue his various mundane hobbies/interests. He's just not "King" material and likely would be absolutely miserable carrying out any kind of royal duties.

Last edited:
If Charles had any brains or decency in him, he would do as King Edward did and abdicate. Edward apparently had many affairs and put any duties to his country aside to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson with whom he had a long affair. My recollection is the affair did not go over well with the Brits. He and Wallis went into permanent exile somewhere in France.

Charles should do the same - abdicate so William can take the throne and Charles and his long time paramour and current wife can disappear to the hills of Scotland to pursue his various mundane hobbies/interests. He's just not "King" material and likely would be absolutely miserable carrying out any kind of royal duties.

You forgot to mention Edward's sympathy for the Nazis and his friendship with Hitler. Another reason he did not endear himself to the British.

No. She should step down and end the monarchy.

It's a silly thing to have a queen.

That sounds slightly traitorous. :eusa_think:

Doesn't Canada still pledge allegiance to the Queen, same with Australia?

Yes.

And more importantly, I just thanked you for that post and now you have been thanked 1,000 times.

:doubt:

I guess this means I have to rep a Canucks fan.

:puke:

Forum List

Back