shades of "ministry of propaganda"

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
This is not a joke...the president has appointed a "Director of Progressive Media and on-line Response". The president will now have an official (at taxpayer expense) liaison between the white house and George Soros. It's not clear exactly what director Jesse Lee's duties are but you can bet your ass-ets that the 1st Amendment will be kicked around. It should be noted that Jesse Lee is married to the left wing activist who created the "betray-us" logo for the US commander in Iraq.

First, you forgot to link your source – assuming it’s a legitimate news source and not some weird rightwing blog or the like.

Second, what evidence do you have that there will be any effort to pass laws to preempt the First Amendment?

This is not a joke...the president has appointed a "Director of Progressive Media and on-line Response". The president will now have an official (at taxpayer expense) liaison between the white house and George Soros. It's not clear exactly what director Jesse Lee's duties are but you can bet your ass-ets that the 1st Amendment will be kicked around. It should be noted that Jesse Lee is married to the left wing activist who created the "betray-us" logo for the US commander in Iraq.

Yup.

Clearly this ADMIN understands the amazing power of the internet to shape public opinion and is planning on using that power to get across their POV.

But they're doing it openly enough, so at least we KNOW who they are and why they're taking their positions.

I'd be a lot more worried if they were doing it clandestinely.

Maria Shriver was married to right wing "hero" stud "Ahhhnold". She wasn't infected. We hope.

Yup.

Clearly this ADMIN understands the amazing power of the internet to shape public opinion and is planning on using that power to get across their POV.

But they're doing it openly enough, so at least we KNOW who they are and why they're taking their positions.

You don't know what the Most Transparentest Administration EVAH!! is doing clandestinely.

Yup.

You don't know what the Most Transparentest Administration EVAH!! is doing clandestinely.

Isn't THAT the whole point of doing something clandestinely?

Yup.

Isn't THAT the whole point of doing something clandestinely?

Exactly. I don't think ed gets that.

Maria Shriver was married to right wing "hero" stud "Ahhhnold". She wasn't infected. We hope.

Arnold was right wing?? :rolleyes:

Yup.

I am totally aware of that, DM.

YOu seem to think that I am a defender of Obama. Clearly you do not read my posts very closely.

What I am is somebody attempting to defend truth on those occassions when I think I can see it.

I this case, this admin is openly admitting that they plan on using the internet to get out their POV.

Some of you seem to think that there's something odious about that.

Why?

Every administration of our government has had a PRESS agent for a long long time.

This is still another example of that public outreach process.

And it is being done OPENLY.

It's when a government doesn't tell us that they're got agents working on the net that I worry about.

Yup.

YOu seem to think that I am a defender of Obama. Clearly you do not read my posts very closely.

What I am is somebody attempting to defend truth on those occassions when I think I can see it.

I this case, this admin is openly admitting that they plan on using the internet to get out their POV.

Why?

Every administration of our government has had a PRESS agent for a long long time.

It's when a government doesn't tell us that they're got agents working on the net that I worry about.
They're telling you what they're doing. Do you really think that's all they're doing?

You claim to not be a defender of Obama, but you're believing what they tell you.

Yup.

Why?

Propaganda is ALWAYS done openly.

That's the point. It's very openess lends credibility. Everybody thinks, hey, it's right out there in the open, it MUST be true.

Forum List

Back