Shades of DEPRESSION? Decline in economy in US and world wide

GDP is coming out in a couple weeks. It'll be a bone 2.5 percent and earnings this qtr will be good.

earnings for who would be a relevant q here TS

because when posters here debate the economy, they may do so as a whole, yet convienently forget that we do have a disparity to consider.>>>>

TheGreatCompression.jpg

Totally encompassing stats don't address this, nor does any ONE factor (quintle mobility for ex) define the picture for us

one of the better factiod equipped sites (breaking down the pix above)i've encountered..>

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

~S~

earnings for shareholders of the S&P 500. Granted I'd stay away from auto's, airlines, and banks.

Believing that th STOCK market is indicator of national economic health is the mistake that got us into this mess in the first place.

It may describe the good neww for a small segment of the population, but for the vast majority of Americans it;s JOBS that define the health of the natioonal economy, not profits on Wall Street.

Remember, wall street usually acts POSITIVELY to layoffs.

Ok so economic grow is not a good indicator of not a decline and neither is stock market health. Ok I got it.

In my book and most economist books, GDP growth is good and a rising market is good. LOL

Forum List

Back