Sgt Shamar Thomas, USMC

He's not a 'scumbag', he's a Marine. Marines (and other branches) believe strongly in behaving honorably. I absolutely support his right to defend his fellow citizens - whether I agree with those citizens or not. I think he's exactly what a Marine should be... honorable.

The marine sounds a little bit hysterical to me. What have the cops done that hurts "these people" I guess the US of KKK would be better off without cops to abuse huh? Look how much taxpayer money we will save. Just call out the marines. I don't think people should shout at and humiliate marines and I damn sure don't think a marine should do it to cops. Those damn cops have their asses on the line too. Just like that hysterical marine.. Fancy that shit. He's fucking out of control.

It's a free country, he can say whatever he wants. I notice few officers argued back, and in fact one basically admitted that it's happening by saying 'they're not all bad'(paraphrased).

You're willing to say there hasn't been one instance of an officer overstepping his forceful authority on any of these protesters at any point? Thomas even said specifically that he saw it, is he a liar?

I never said that. What I did say is maybe those abusive cops should go sit it out at the donut shop and let the little innocent darlings have the streets. See what that hysterical marine thinks then.. I also said I wouldn't agree with someone standing in the streets shouting insults at marines and I damned sure don't think the marine should do it to the cops. The cops have their asses on the line every fucking day, it's life or death for them. Do they call it wrong some times? Fuck yes.

He's not a 'scumbag', he's a Marine. Marines (and other branches) believe strongly in behaving honorably. I absolutely support his right to defend his fellow citizens - whether I agree with those citizens or not. I think he's exactly what a Marine should be... honorable.

The marine sounds a little bit hysterical to me. What have the cops done that hurts "these people" I guess the US of KKK would be better off without cops to abuse huh? Look how much taxpayer money we will save. Just call out the marines. I don't think people should shout at and humiliate marines and I damn sure don't think a marine should do it to cops. Those damn cops have their asses on the line too. Just like that hysterical marine.. Fancy that shit. He's fucking out of control.

He was pissed, that's for sure. But, frankly, he - more than most of us - has earned the right to be 'hysterical' about something he deems is dishonorable behavior.

You will not see me hammering a Marine for voicing his opinion about the NYPD's behavior. I don't know whether the police were behaving reasonably or not so I cannot comment.

then the police have the same damn freedom,, they should have told him to stick his hysteria up his ass cause on this day it's their asses on the line.

There are scumbags in every branch of the service - this particular Sgt. Shamar guy, just happens to be in the Marines. I am sure his Gunny has him guarding some gate in the middle of bum-fuck Quantico right now. There, he'll have time to ponder why he's a Corporal now.

He may be a Marine but not a smart one.
Military regs say you can't ID yourself as a Marine, Sailor, etc. - member of the Armed Forces - when you're protesting, as a civilian.
He's a Sgt., or was one - should have known better.

It's a free country, he can say whatever he wants. I notice few officers argued back, and in fact one basically admitted that it's happening by saying 'they're not all bad'(paraphrased).

You're willing to say there hasn't been one instance of an officer overstepping his forceful authority on any of these protesters at any point? Thomas even said specifically that he saw it, is he a liar?

I never said that. What I did say is maybe those abusive cops should go sit it out at the donut shop and let the little innocent darlings have the streets. See what that hysterical marine thinks then.. I also said I wouldn't agree with someone standing in the streets shouting insults at marines and I damned sure don't think the marine should do it to the cops. The cops have their asses on the line every fucking day, it's life or death for them. Do they call it wrong some times? Fuck yes.

If all you disagree with is his methods, than that's you're right. I for one think it's exactly what needs to be done. Could you imagine what would have happened to that guy if he was just an average joe? He'd still be icing the lumps on his head.

Imagine if the tea party people had been treated like this by police?

Annoyingly... for you... they behaved properly... no shitting on cop cars, or even trash left behind. Americans protesting something they feel strongly about... and people like you howled at them and called them racists.

What makes me laugh.... you tried to shut them up and you high five these protesters. Partisan hack.

There are scumbags in every branch of the service - this particular Sgt. Shamar guy, just happens to be in the Marines. I am sure his Gunny has him guarding some gate in the middle of bum-fuck Quantico right now. There, he'll have time to ponder why he's a Corporal now.

Military regs say you can't ID yourself as a Marine, Sailor, etc. - member of the Armed Forces - when you're protesting, as a civilian.

That seems to be a widely broken rule, I see it all the time.

If all you disagree with is his methods, than that's you're right. I for one think it's exactly what needs to be done. Could you imagine what would have happened to that guy if he was just an average joe? He'd still be icing the lumps on his head.

Well asshole, what I think is this. The cops deserve the exact same level of respect that the hysterical marine deserves. The cops put their asses on the line for America every day. Are there abusive cops? Yes. Are there abusive marines.. well, yes.. so a dead cop is just as dead as a dead marine and their families cry the same damn tears. I for one don't think most of you assholes in America deserve what cops do for you. EVERY DAY for 20 or 30 years.. so boo fucking hoo.

Well, that was the rule when I was in - haven't been in since 1999. So I don't know what the regs are now. Probably under Obama's regime, miliary personnel are allowed to wear Service Dress White with pink tu-tu's and legally march in gay pride parades. Wouldn't surprise me.

Annoyingly... for you... they behaved properly... no shitting on cop cars, or even trash left behind. Americans protesting something they feel strongly about... and people like you howled at them and called them racists.

What makes me laugh.... you tried to shut them up and you high five these protesters. Partisan hack.

Thats because it was a corporate sponsored assembly, not a protest. There has never been a protest that was trash free. You must get really pissed after parades and the 4th of July. Those trashy Americans!

Well asshole, what I think is this. The cops deserve the exact same level of respect that the hysterical marine deserves. The cops put their asses on the line for America every day. Are there abusive cops? Yes. Are there abusive marines.. well, yes.. so a dead cop is just as dead as a dead marine and their families cry the same damn tears. I for one don't think most of you assholes in America deserve what cops do for you. EVERY DAY for 20 or 30 years.. so boo fucking hoo.

Wow, you just can't get away from the attacks...you're an expert on abuse.

Please don't try to compare serving overseas to being a cop in the US, it's not even close.

Well, that was the rule when I was in - haven't been in since 1999. So I don't know what the regs are now. Probably under Obama's regime, miliary personnel are allowed to wear Service Dress White with pink tu-tu's and legally march in gay pride parades. Wouldn't surprise me.

:lol:

Quite a polite answer considering you just negged me for it. Clown.

Shamar isn't a scumbag. He is the type of guy who opens his big mouth when he ain't got a clue. The left suddenly likes at least one Marine because he said something they like. Was he aware that many if not most NYPD Cops are veterans who may have seen mor action than him and not a single person in the rabble is a veteran? I guess he likes the attention though.

Thats because it was a corporate sponsored assembly, not a protest. There has never been a protest that was trash free. You must get really pissed after parades and the 4th of July. Those trashy Americans!

You're such an asshole of a liar.

Please don't try to compare serving overseas to being a cop in the US, it's not even close.

It's not ? I served overseas. What in the fuck are you talking about ? You ever been up on the Korean DMV getting your ass harrassed and shot at all day and night? How about walking the beat in Iraq?

Shamar isn't a scumbag. He is the type of guy who opens his big mouth when he ain't got a clue. The left suddenly likes at least one Marine because he said something they like. Was he aware that many if not most NYPD Cops are veterans who may have seen mor action than him and not a single person in the rabble is a veteran? I guess he likes the attention though.

It took a long time for a conservative to spew this talking point...so predictable.

@ Warrior...He isnt active anymore so he can do that. So whats your complaint now? I'm sure you have a bunch of bullshit complaints to choose from

Actually that's crap. Cops, particularly in cities, may not be under the same stress as those who deploy to war zones, but they face the reality of dying on duty - protecting us - every day.

There is no one right or one wrong in this particular scenario. The cops were under significant pressure, and the Marine was absolutely within his rights to voice his disapproval of their 'behavior' from his perspective.

Personally, I find it quite pathetic that so many of us are prepared to side with one over the other. The NYPD have my support... so does the Marine. That's called being rational rather than emotional.

:lol:

Quite a polite answer considering you just negged me for it. Clown.

Tissue ?

Putting your life on the line for the safety and/or freedom of others is noble whether your home or abroad.

As an American he has a right to voice his opinion no matter how wrong I think it is.

Forum List

Back