Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

Joe

Say you were in for 11 years, yet you maintain the military should be like a regular job you can quit at will? That's laughable.

If you were really in, it would be interesting to see if that "right to desert" comes from personal experience.

No, I left because after the Gulf War, when the Jews manipulated us into a war that had nothing to do with us, I had enough. But I did wait until my scheduled ETS date to do it.

That said, yeah, obviously, you have to enslave military folks like endentured servants. No one would fight a war for Oil if given a choice.

Sounds like possible pressure from above. The guys in his unit have maintained he deserted from the beginning, and the Army wouldn't be prosecuting him without evidence, would they?

Face it, you are defending a deserter's actions after he caused the deaths of six of his fellow soldiers

No, he didn't. Those guys were k illed on other missions AFTER the search had been abandoned. (See post above)

The Army is prosecuting him now because he made them look bad.

Then if you were in the military you must be familiar with the UCMJ. Bergdahl willingly subjected himself to it. Instead of going on a campaign to champion Bergdahl, you should realize he violated the oath he took and let the process take it's course.
The truth will come out.

Then if you were in the military you must be familiar with the UCMJ. Bergdahl willingly subjected himself to it. Instead of going on a campaign to champion Bergdahl, you should realize he violated the oath he took and let the process take it's course.
The truth will come out.

Hey, I think before we prosecute Bergdahl for losing his shit in a war zone, maybe we should prosecute Bush for getting us into the war to start with. That would make sense.

The truth will come out.

Hey, I think before we prosecute Bergdahl for losing his shit in a war zone, maybe we should prosecute Bush for getting us into the war to start with. That would make sense.

Why don't you get right on that and get back to us...

You seem to be a bit confused. Bergdahl was in AFGHANISTAN. That was not " a war for oil" (they don't have any), and the Democrats all even voted for it after 9/11.

What's next? Are you going to defend the terrorists that killed over 3,000 of our citizens on 9/11 by saying how wrong we were to go after them?

Um. Yeah. Wasn't really what was being discussed here. He didn't abandon his post because of an order. He abandoned it because after being put in stressful situation and being fed amphetimines, he snapped.

The requirements are fully explained to the volunteer when you enlist.
Bergdahl had a plethora of actions he could have chosen that didn't involve running to the enemy.

Where's your answer, Joe? Did you suddenly realize that if you can't even get the basic facts straight, it calls all of your other "facts" into question?

You really have a feel for the mission of the military doncha, Joe.....

I should. I was in for 11 years. But to the point, are you saying that we should make Soldiers effective slaves of the state? Why shouldn't you be able to quit the military like any other job you are fed up with?

Practically, I get it. YOu'd have a bunch of people signing up in peacetime for the benefits and quitting the minute a war breaks out. Which would be bad. I mean, how are we going to get people to fight wars for Oil and Zionism if we make it truly voluntary?
Isn't that the goal of progressivism...make everyone slaves of the state?

Go Bowe!

By Karen Kwiatkowski

Bowe Bergdahl. I worry more about him today in the hands of the USG, in this post-Wikileaks and post-Edward Snowden world than I ever did when he was in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Bowe, home-schooled, raised with an ethical spine, and informed by classical and worldly readings, had already become disillusioned by the lies and the falsity of what our soldiers were being asked to do in Afghanistan. His disillusionment would find flight in his words, and if it is true that he walked away, in his actions that would inspire many if widely known."

.An Undeclared war based upon lies and bullshit means that he is NOT GUILTY of desertion.

Shut up.

as one of the bigger liberals on here...i will go against the grain.....he walked off his post.....simple as that....no excuses for that action...perhaps you do not realize what walking off your post means....its like a doctor walking out of surgery before its finished.....sure most of the time its just mindless looking out into the dark...thinking about the zillon things you would rather be doing...but you stay...he left his post...if he was a man of honor....he would have simply turned himself in and said to his commander i will no longer serve and the court martial would begin....he could opt out for a less than honorable discharge...there were many ways to leave ...this is not one of them....by leaving he exposed his fellow troops....they did not know they were one man down....honor is more than a mindless protest leaving others vulnerable...

do you really think he is the first soldier in history to become disillusioned? men died due to his actions....honorable men who may not have agreed with their mission of finding a deserter....yes they knew....they stated it at the beginning...but they did not protest and refuse their mission....no honorable men continue to serve and protect...their are reasons that you do not question commands....but few will realize that unless they serve

and again you as a military person are allowed to protest....you just are not allowed to desert...
A liberal with integrity. Don't see many of those. Thank you for posting this. Did you serve in the military? Your comments were spot on.

Bergdahl had more options than crossing over to the enemy ... Any soldier knows they can refuse an unlawful order.
If he decided to take his case to the enemy instead of his commanding officer ... Then I am sure that will come out in trial.

Um. Yeah. Wasn't really what was being discussed here. He didn't abandon his post because of an order. He abandoned it because after being put in stressful situation and being fed amphetimines, he snapped.
Whoever is paying you to spout this crap isn't getting their money's worth. You should give the money back.

If Bergdahl deserted, he's a dirtbag loser, just like every other asshole I knew when I was on active duty who went AWOL.

Unlike Joe B, I see absolutely no excuse for desertion. None. If Bergdahl deserted, he is an unmitigated asshole creep motherfucker. A slimy little shithead with a wormy brain. Everybody hits a maximum stress point in their military lives, often many, many times. It's how you deal with those times that reveals your true character. Bergdahl revealed he's a fucking turd. He was probably a whiner and got a whiner's treatment from his fellow troops, and he couldn't take it. Instead of growing a thicker skin, he popped.

However, like JoeB, I can't help but wonder why Bergdahl was not designated as a deserter until now. This really needs to be answered.

I bet Bergdahl rolled on himself.

Last edited:
propaganda purposes...perhaps

how much support would their have been if they declared him a deserter.....how much support would they have gotten for that terrible hostage exchange

propaganda purposes...perhaps

how much support would their have been if they declared him a deserter.....how much support would they have gotten for that terrible hostage exchange
I'm betting they didn't have enough hard evidence. He probably rolled on himself under interrogation after he got back.

Forum List

Back