Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

as one of the bigger liberals on here...i will go against the grain.....he walked off his post.....simple as that....no excuses for that action...perhaps you do not realize what walking off your post means....its like a doctor walking out of surgery before its finished.....sure most of the time its just mindless looking out into the dark...thinking about the zillon things you would rather be doing...but you stay...he left his post...if he was a man of honor....he would have simply turned himself in and said to his commander i will no longer serve and the court martial would begin....he could opt out for a less than honorable discharge...there were many ways to leave ...this is not one of them....by leaving he exposed his fellow troops....they did not know they were one man down....honor is more than a mindless protest leaving others vulnerable...

do you really think he is the first soldier in history to become disillusioned? men died due to his actions....honorable men who may not have agreed with their mission of finding a deserter....yes they knew....they stated it at the beginning...but they did not protest and refuse their mission....no honorable men continue to serve and protect...their are reasons that you do not question commands....but few will realize that unless they serve

and again you as a military person are allowed to protest....you just are not allowed to desert...

Strollingbones

Thanks....

You have proven you can place honor above politics... I respect you for that.

Last edited:

The Constitution does not require him to fight in an Unconstitutional war.

I am sorry about Chris Kyle's death , but he was no hero serving in an UNlawful war.

Ergo, suck my rod.

Oh would that be the war approved by congress?? That unconstitutional war?

Bergdahl is a deserter who caused the deaths of those looking for him.

He should be tried and executed as such.

As for Kyle? Your not fit to polish that mans boots.

He will receive a fair trial, sentenced accordingly. Frankly his conduct was deplorable and could have well jeopardized the lives of his squad. In the event he wanted out avenues were available to pursue his removal from action. But then again through the eyes of those that have no respect for honor, country, and commitment this is a foreign and hard concept to comprehend.

Avenues were available? The Army at that point was sending in National Guard units in for four rotations, were refusing to discharge people like Bradley Manning and Nidal Hasan who had clear mental problems, and, yes, were even taking guys who had washed out of Coast Guard basic training like Bergdahl.

The Army didn't list him as a deserter when he left. Now that the Right Wing (which was howling for Obama to save the guy before he did) has made a stink about it, they are court-martialling this kid to save face.
He is not a "kid", you fuckin' asswipe.

Wow, that was the best you could come up with? So you think it's okay to enlist a guy with mental problems, hype him up on drugs in a war zone, and when he flips out, let's court-martial the shit out of him to teach him a lesson that your family shouldn't appear with a president we don't like!

Yeah. That's the ticket.

Hey, JoeB

Obama didn't get your memo about Afghanistan bring a "pointless war". He said he's going to have to keep our troops there longer.

Why don't you start a thread about what a "moron" Obama is? Maybe he'll see it and see how smart you are!

I've frequently criticized Obama's conduct of the Afghan War. Ever since he called the "War of Necessity" in 2008. It became completely pointless when Karzai stole the 2009 election.

Bergdahl had more options than crossing over to the enemy ... Any soldier knows they can refuse an unlawful order.
If he decided to take his case to the enemy instead of his commanding officer ... Then I am sure that will come out in trial.

It's interesting that the low information leftie pseudo defense of Bergdahl indicates that he is indeed guilty of desertion. If the desperate left thought Bergdahl had an "ethical spine" he would have stood up like a man and said he deserted for a reason instead of pretending he was captured.

NObody is making Bergdahl out to be a hero.

So let's review what happened here. Army Enlistments were in the toilet by 2007 when Bergdahl signed up. And even though there was CLEAR indications this guy wasn't Army Material, such as he washed out of Coast Guard Basic Training, the Army signed a bunch of waivers to enlist him. Then they send this guy with clear mental problems over into a war zone, hype him and all his fellow soldiers up on Go/No Go pills to keep them "alert", provide piss poor leadership, and then wonder why he snaps and wanders off in a daze.

Bergdahl is a sad freaking coward who caused the deaths of at least six heroes who were ordered by the Army to try to rescue him. Execution is a fitting sentence if he is found as guilty as left wing posters seem to think. What does that say about the Hussein administration's concept of Duty, Honor Country? Are they that ignorant?

The only reason you guys hate Bergdahl is that his family was at an event with Obama.

We didn't execute the assholes who tortured prisoners at Abu Grahib, we didn't execute the four assholes who murdered an Iraqi family after raping the teenage daughter. Those guys probably did more to destroy our "war effort" than Bergdahl did.

Maybe instead of putting all this effort into punishing Bergdahl, we need to concentrate on making sure all the broken people who came back from that fiasco get fixed.

He will receive a fair trial, sentenced accordingly. Frankly his conduct was deplorable and could have well jeopardized the lives of his squad. In the event he wanted out avenues were available to pursue his removal from action. But then again through the eyes of those that have no respect for honor, country, and commitment this is a foreign and hard concept to comprehend.

Avenues were available? The Army at that point was sending in National Guard units in for four rotations, were refusing to discharge people like Bradley Manning and Nidal Hasan who had clear mental problems, and, yes, were even taking guys who had washed out of Coast Guard basic training like Bergdahl.

The Army didn't list him as a deserter when he left. Now that the Right Wing (which was howling for Obama to save the guy before he did) has made a stink about it, they are court-martialling this kid to save face.
He is not a "kid", you fuckin' asswipe.

Wow, that was the best you could come up with? So you think it's okay to enlist a guy with mental problems, hype him up on drugs in a war zone, and when he flips out, let's court-martial the shit out of him to teach him a lesson that your family shouldn't appear with a president we don't like!

Yeah. That's the ticket.

More hyperbole and lies. What a surprise!

Bergdahl had more options than crossing over to the enemy ... Any soldier knows they can refuse an unlawful order.
If he decided to take his case to the enemy instead of his commanding officer ... Then I am sure that will come out in trial.

Um. Yeah. Wasn't really what was being discussed here. He didn't abandon his post because of an order. He abandoned it because after being put in stressful situation and being fed amphetimines, he snapped.

You really have a feel for the mission of the military doncha, Joe.....

I should. I was in for 11 years. But to the point, are you saying that we should make Soldiers effective slaves of the state? Why shouldn't you be able to quit the military like any other job you are fed up with?

Practically, I get it. YOu'd have a bunch of people signing up in peacetime for the benefits and quitting the minute a war breaks out. Which would be bad. I mean, how are we going to get people to fight wars for Oil and Zionism if we make it truly voluntary?

JoeB

Indications are he went looking for the enemy. The radio calls about that were intercepted.

JoeB

I can answer your points. They're idiotic. You think the responsibilities assumed by honorable soldiers are a joke. You admire cowardice and treacherous behavior. You are a disgrace.

I don't take anything away from honorable soldiers.

I do think when you take a kid with mental problems, hype him up on drugs to keep him alert and drop him in the middle of a war zone with poor leadership, he's got a pretty good chance of flipping out.

But to my point. If Bergdahl was such a dirtbag, why didn't the Army charge him with desertion when he, you know, deserted? Why did they list him as a POW, and continue to promote him in absentia?

These are all valid questions you guys don't want to answer.

Joe

Say you were in for 11 years, yet you maintain the military should be like a regular job you can quit at will? That's laughable.

If you were really in, it would be interesting to see if that "right to desert" comes from personal experience.

JoeB

Indications are he went looking for the enemy. The radio calls about that were intercepted.

So why wasn't he charged with desertion then?
Why did they list him as a POW and continue to promote him while he was in captivity?
Sounds like possible pressure from above. The guys in his unit have maintained he deserted from the beginning, and the Army wouldn't be prosecuting him without evidence, would they?

Face it, you are defending a deserter's actions after he caused the deaths of six of his fellow soldiers

as one of the bigger liberals on here...i will go against the grain.....he walked off his post.....simple as that....no excuses for that action...perhaps you do not realize what walking off your post means....its like a doctor walking out of surgery before its finished.....sure most of the time its just mindless looking out into the dark...thinking about the zillon things you would rather be doing...but you stay...he left his post...if he was a man of honor....he would have simply turned himself in and said to his commander i will no longer serve and the court martial would begin....he could opt out for a less than honorable discharge...there were many ways to leave ...this is not one of them....by leaving he exposed his fellow troops....they did not know they were one man down....honor is more than a mindless protest leaving others vulnerable...

do you really think he is the first soldier in history to become disillusioned? men died due to his actions....honorable men who may not have agreed with their mission of finding a deserter....yes they knew....they stated it at the beginning...but they did not protest and refuse their mission....no honorable men continue to serve and protect...their are reasons that you do not question commands....but few will realize that unless they serve

and again you as a military person are allowed to protest....you just are not allowed to desert...

first, there is no evidence men died because of his actions, so I really wish you guys would stop with that hyperbole.

http://www.newsweek.com/did-6-soldiers-really-die-looking-bergdahl-253917

While many questions remain, a Reuters reconstruction of his disappearance indicates that at the time when Bergdahl’s six comrades in the 1st Battalion of the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment were killed in August and September 2009, his fallen comrades were on other missions like securing the Afghan elections and, according to one U.S. military official, the period of intensive ground searches had already ended.

So can we please stop spreading that shit.

Second, no one is putting him in for a medal. If he really did abandon his post, I would ask questions, like.

1) What was his mental state?
2) What influence did Go-No Go pills play in his actions?
3) If the evidence was so obvious he had deserted, why didn't the army charge him with desertion at the time or even list him as AWOL? Instead, they immediately listed him as a POW.
4) Why did the army continue to promote him in abstentia?

Forum List

Back