Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

You can't do that in the court room: that's the judge's domain, and s/he won't permit it except, perhaps, in mitigation.

You could try a sympathy hope in the media.

again, guy, the way this case is won is in the Media. This is a kangaroo court by an organization trying to cover up an embarrassment. The only way you keep them from doing it is by blowing the lid on this whole rancid business.

I think you mischaracterize the situation, but, yes, there are ways to get around any gag order by the Judge on the participants. Proponents and opponents could created FB pages on the subject and blast the media and the public.

The legality or the appropriateness of the Afghanistan War will not be litigated in the courtroom

Go Bowe!

By Karen Kwiatkowski

Bowe Bergdahl. I worry more about him today in the hands of the USG, in this post-Wikileaks and post-Edward Snowden world than I ever did when he was in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Bowe, home-schooled, raised with an ethical spine, and informed by classical and worldly readings, had already become disillusioned by the lies and the falsity of what our soldiers were being asked to do in Afghanistan. His disillusionment would find flight in his words, and if it is true that he walked away, in his actions that would inspire many if widely known."

.An Undeclared war based upon lies and bullshit means that he is NOT GUILTY of desertion.

Found another traitor to look up to huh?

Actually you're correct and obviously Bush knew what he was talking about since today we know ISIS is using oil to fund terrorism. Thank you :)

President George W. Bush said in 2005 that keeping Iraqi oil away from the bad guys was a key motivefor the Iraq war:

‘If Zarqawi and [Osama] bin Laden gain control of Iraq, they would create a new training ground for future terrorist attacks,” Bush said. ”They’d seize oil fields to fund their ambitions.”

The only reason why Oil funds terrorism is we have an enormas appetite for it.

Point is, it's not our oil to have, it's theirs. The fact that we keep trying to control who runs that region is why we get into so much trouble.

But at least you are honest enough to admit the Wars are about oil.

I think you mischaracterize the situation, but, yes, there are ways to get around any gag order by the Judge on the participants. Proponents and opponents could created FB pages on the subject and blast the media and the public.

The legality or the appropriateness of the Afghanistan War wil not be litigated in the courtroom

Nor should it be. But the fact that they are prosecuting a mentally ill man after they made the mistake of putting him in a war zone with poor supervision should be.

The legality or the appropriateness of the Afghanistan War wil not be litigated in the courtroom

Nor should it be. But the fact that they are prosecuting a mentally ill man after they made the mistake of putting him in a war zone with poor supervision should be.
That will be up to the judge and the convening authority.

Talk about over thinking it. All most people know about the first Gulf War was Hussein took what he believed to be part of Iraq back by force and invaded. It was wrong, and we were right to drive him out. All the "lies" they are saying convinced people most people didn't know and didn't sway their views.

I oppose Gulf War I because while I agree with the right's opinion of Hussein, I don't consider it to be our job to fix every problem in the world and I'm tired of trying to do that

Talk about over thinking it. All most people know about the first Gulf War was Hussein took what he believed to be part of Iraq back by force and invaded. It was wrong, and we were right to drive him out. All the "lies" they are saying convinced people most people didn't know and didn't sway their views.

I oppose Gulf War I because while I agree with the right's opinion of Hussein, I don't consider it to be our job to fix every problem in the world and I'm tired of trying to do that

Okay, fair enough.

But if you weren't such a dumb Cleetus, you'd realize that your opinion doesn't matter. Exxon and Mobile's and BP's opinions do, so off to war they went.

In other words, you spout drivel, and ignore anything that proves you wrong.

No, I j ust ignore people who add nothing to the conversation.

You clowns want to hang Bergdahl because it'll make Obama look bad. You don't care about the facts.

You are protecting Bergdahl because you think holding him accountable would make Obama look bad for trading a bunch of terrorists for him.

I think Bergdahl should get whatever is standard and normal punishment for what he did. Regardless of what happens to him, the Obama administration major fucked up trading terrorists for a deserter

Okay, fair enough.

But if you weren't such a dumb Cleetus, you'd realize that your opinion doesn't matter. Exxon and Mobile's and BP's opinions do, so off to war they went.

Again an accusation you can't back up and isn't supported by the oil we've gotten out of Iraq or ... hello ... Afghanistan. You conveniently like to keep ignoring that while you provide no links to back up the accusation it was for oil, oil you keep ignoring we got almost none of

You are protecting Bergdahl because you think holding him accountable would make Obama look bad for trading a bunch of terrorists for him.

I didn't even vote for Obama in 2008 and wouldn't have in 2012 if you clowns hadn't nominated a Mormon.

so, no. My interest is actually justice here. To my mind, when the Army let Rusty Calley go after only serving a year, when they let the perpetrators of Abu Grahib go after most of them served less than five years, there is no justice in prosecuting a mentally ill man for wandering off his base.

Again an accusation you can't back up and isn't supported by the oil we've gotten out of Iraq or ... hello ... Afghanistan. You conveniently like to keep ignoring that while you provide no links to back up the accusation it was for oil, oil you keep ignoring we got almost none of

What, are you stupid? It wasn't about US getting the oil. Man, you are gullible, Double Wide. It was about Exxon and Mobile and BP getting the oil. To sell to you for an exhorbatent rate.

I think Bergdahl should get whatever is standard and normal punishment for what he did. Regardless of what happens to him, the Obama administration major fucked up trading terrorists for a deserter

Uh, guy, the Afghan Government SPECIFICALLY requested we release these five guys as a peace overture to the Taliban. That would be the Afghan Government we've been supporting for the last 11 years.

Uh, guy, the Afghan Government SPECIFICALLY requested we release these five guys as a peace overture to the Taliban. That would be the Afghan Government we've been supporting for the last 11 years.
Gee, does Obama work for them now? His job is to represent US, and releasing five Taliban generals sure doesn't reflect that.

ROFLMNAO!

Hysterical... in every sense of the word.

I agree. He could have chosen to be a conscientious objector, but instead ran away and joined the terrorists. Funny that he didn't seem to think their quest to kill people was wrong.

I think more charges should have been filed against that piece of shit. Liberals are being defensive because his daddy quoted the koran and made Obama smile.

No, he swallowed the propaganda that we were in the AfPak region defending freedom and national security. Once there he found out that the OPPOSITE was true.

He found out that the US is a continuing criminal enterprise who loves warmongering, militarism and jingoism . That the powers that be arbitrarily chose to be there in order to please war profiteers and the neocrazies.

He will receive a fair trial, sentenced accordingly. Frankly his conduct was deplorable and could have well jeopardized the lives of his squad. In the event he wanted out avenues were available to pursue his removal from action. But then again through the eyes of those that have no respect for honor, country, and commitment this is a foreign and hard concept to comprehend.

Avenues were available? The Army at that point was sending in National Guard units in for four rotations, were refusing to discharge people like Bradley Manning and Nidal Hasan who had clear mental problems, and, yes, were even taking guys who had washed out of Coast Guard basic training like Bergdahl.

The Army didn't list him as a deserter when he left. Now that the Right Wing (which was howling for Obama to save the guy before he did) has made a stink about it, they are court-martialling this kid to save face.
And in comes the other traitor lover

Hey, Joe, I have a question.

Since you want to try to justify releasing those five Taliban generals, how do you feel about the fact that at least 3 of them have already been caught trying to get back into the fight, and all of them will be out from under supervision within 2 months?

Is one traitor worth more than all the troops that will end up dying?

No, he swallowed the propaganda that we were in the AfPak region defending freedom and national security. Once there he found out that the OPPOSITE was true.

He found out that the US is a continuing criminal enterprise who loves warmongering, militarism and jingoism . That the powers that be arbitrarily chose to be there in order to please war profiteers and the neocrazies.

If you are not a coward and don't desert your post in a theater of combat ... There are ways to address your objections within the chain of command and even request a transfer. Bergdahl could have made his intentions and change of heart known to the military through his chain of command and they would have done what they could to remove him from the theater and then from the military itself if he hadn't have run to the enemy.

But he was scared to do that or sympathetic to the enemy ... And will pay the price for it.

It figures the left is sticking up for a coward and traitor, I expected nothing less from cowards and traitors

I always thought that the left wing should support our military, now I am not sure.

I'm totally for supporting the military in doing it's job.

I'm not for supporting it because they are trying to crush a young man because they made a mistake in enlisting him to start with.

No one is crushing him and him joining was not the mistake he made.

Last edited:
Since this is about Bergdahl, simply do not replay to any comment about Obama or taliban foot soldiers (generals, my ass). Hint to you far right hemorrhoids: Obama is not running again, Bush cannot be touched, ignore the oil. This is about Bergdahl.

Since this is about Bergdahl, simply do not replay to any comment about Obama or taliban foot soldiers (generals, my ass). Hint to you far right hemorrhoids: Obama is not running again, Bush cannot be touched, ignore the oil. This is about Bergdahl.

Who happens to be a piece of shit deserter that Obama tried to use as a political pawn to make himself look good.

It backfired and and now the Army is doing it's job.

Pieces of shit like Joe and Twink Man defend the indefensible and question the honor and integrity of the men who actually DID "serve with honor and distinction".

Forum List

Back