Sexually suggestive jeans billboard in Newark sends wrong message

I believe TI is a felon. I wouldn't buy his jeans for that reason, but I'm sure that's why they put that billboard in Newark. Kids there think having a criminal record makes the average Joe more blowable or something.

Its both sexist and racist if you ask me. But people are talking about it. That may have been the real advertising goal. Its not just sex that sells - it's the publicity.Who ever heard of this brand before?

I believe TI is a felon. I wouldn't buy his jeans for that reason, but I'm sure that's why they put that billboard in Newark. Kids there think having a criminal record makes the average Joe more blowable or something.

Its both sexist and racist if you ask me. But people are talking about it. That may have been the real advertising goal. Its not just sex that sells - it's the publicity.Who ever heard of this brand before?

Then you should get a commission, since I would have never heard about this without your thread! :lol:

It must be the wrong message, because I am not buying them.

Maybe if he used an actual hot chick it would work for him.

Then you should get a commission, since I would have never heard about this without your thread! :lol:

Me either...interesting since the Calvin Klein ads are much more well known. Hmmmm... I wonder what the difference is between the two ads that made her comment on the Akoo. :eusa_whistle:

akkkkojpg-6712bc89d66d7684_large.jpg

Is the young, seductive woman about to have oral sex with the young man 30 feet above a major intersection of the state’s largest city? Or have they just finished?

This billboard was meant to sell AKOO jeans, a clothing line by popular rapper T.I. . . . but who can think of jeans when so much is going on? “I’m so sick of people seeing Newark as a place where they can do whatever they want,” she said. “They think they can put it in a black community and nobody is going to say or do anything.”

It’s one of many problems Newark Mayor Cory Booker believes have to be addressed as issues of basic decency. He says he’s got kids wearing their pants too low, and others using inappropriate language in public places.

“There’s a lot of fronts to this fight,” he said. “On this particular issue, I will work with my city council to see if we can address it.”

Sexually suggestive jeans billboard in Newark sends wrong message | NJ.com

Comments?

I think she just tripped and was lucky someone was standing there for her to catch on the way down. This could have ended badly.

Ha ha rdean. The man is prob a hero.

The Calvin Klein ad wasn't recently erected in downtown Newark Jillian. I read NJ.com every day and this was one of the "most commented" articles. Obviously, it's gotten some hits on here as well. What are you suggesting?

Me either...interesting since the Calvin Klein ads are much more well known. Hmmmm... I wonder what the difference is between the two ads that made her comment on the Akoo. :eusa_whistle:
I dunno...women have been used, rightly or wrongly, to sell products for decades. :confused:

BTW, the jeans are fine....i don't see the jeans as being sexually suggestive...the actors in the ad.... is a whole nuther story though....

But how many people would want any of these ads in their own backyard? That was Mayor Booker's point. Standards of decency are different in different neighborhoods. It's difficult to clean up a city when everyone just accepts it as a cesspool. Newark is the murder capital of NJ and one of the ten worst cities to live in. The mayor has bigger crap to deal with, but instead he has to fight this battle. Way to go TI - not.

Update:

A jeans ad that shows a woman kneeling in front of a man will be taken off a billboard in downtown Newark. A spokeswoman for CBS Outdoor, the company that owns the billboard, said Monday the ad for Akoo jeans will be taken down soon, but she did not specify a date.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker said Monday the billboard sends the wrong message and shouldn't be displayed in such a public place. It sits above one of Newark's major downtown intersections.

Akoo Clothing did not respond to an e-mail request for comment.

Controversial NJ Billboard To Come Down - New Jersey 101.5 FM

Forum List

Back