Sexually suggestive jeans billboard in Newark sends wrong message

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
akkkkojpg-6712bc89d66d7684_large.jpg

Is the young, seductive woman about to have oral sex with the young man 30 feet above a major intersection of the state’s largest city? Or have they just finished?

This billboard was meant to sell AKOO jeans, a clothing line by popular rapper T.I. . . . but who can think of jeans when so much is going on? “I’m so sick of people seeing Newark as a place where they can do whatever they want,” she said. “They think they can put it in a black community and nobody is going to say or do anything.”

It’s one of many problems Newark Mayor Cory Booker believes have to be addressed as issues of basic decency. He says he’s got kids wearing their pants too low, and others using inappropriate language in public places.

“There’s a lot of fronts to this fight,” he said. “On this particular issue, I will work with my city council to see if we can address it.”

Sexually suggestive jeans billboard in Newark sends wrong message | NJ.com

Comments?

Ha ha. EZ - that photo was for your eyes only. Now radioman is going to be gettin all up in my bidness and stuff.

Where's that Calvin Klein billboard? I wouldn't want any of those in my town. Too many traffic accidents caused by one handed drivers. Lol

I seriously think it's disrespectful because, okay admittedly it's hot, but still why would you want your 10 year old exposed to that advertising? You take them to a game downtown and those ads are everywhere. I'm not the uptight fuck that protests that stuff but still, I find it uncomfortable in or around places designed for family fun.

akkkkojpg-6712bc89d66d7684_large.jpg

Is the young, seductive woman about to have oral sex with the young man 30 feet above a major intersection of the state’s largest city? Or have they just finished?

This billboard was meant to sell AKOO jeans, a clothing line by popular rapper T.I. . . . but who can think of jeans when so much is going on? “I’m so sick of people seeing Newark as a place where they can do whatever they want,” she said. “They think they can put it in a black community and nobody is going to say or do anything.”

It’s one of many problems Newark Mayor Cory Booker believes have to be addressed as issues of basic decency. He says he’s got kids wearing their pants too low, and others using inappropriate language in public places.

“There’s a lot of fronts to this fight,” he said. “On this particular issue, I will work with my city council to see if we can address it.”

Sexually suggestive jeans billboard in Newark sends wrong message | NJ.com

Comments?

It's a sign of the times which is not going to change. It is motivated by greed, and kids will grow up in it's influence. Very important to teach children values and principals, at home and live by them. "Example is not only the important thing; it is the only thing."

I have a great slogan for them...

Nothing looks hotter than a pair of Akoo jeans balled up on the floor. :cool:

The only thing that looks better on you than our jeans

is nothing

Akoo- live it up (before you get AIDS)

Yeah - sex sells. Kind of a shame in a way. I mean, if you make a good product, the product should sell itself. If you have to come up with all of the skin and sexual suggestions, what does that say about your product? There's a difference between "cute" and down right suggestive. Take the jeans billboard ad. Would you want your daughter hanging on a guy like this - especially so in public. Does buying the jeans and giving them to your son say to him, "girls are going to be hanging on you like this because you wear these jeans." My guess is that the jeans are probably just as crappy as the billboard ad.

Forum List

Back