Sexual orientation of parents does affect their children

The problem with studies of this sort is they start out with the conclusion and then lo and behold find it. If one is raised in a horrible hetero marriage and another raised in a loving gay marriage, it would not be hard to know which child fared better. Ever watch wife swap or super nanny, the so called normals are as nutty as any nut.

But the thing that I find interesting is why is homosexuality so much an interest for some people? If we have solved all the serious issues of life maybe I could think about gay marriage for one second, maybe, but since this brief moment of existence is filled with real tragedy and real stuff, I suggest GET A LIFE.

The problem with studies of this sort is they start out with the conclusion and then lo and behold find it. If one is raised in a horrible hetero marriage and another raised in a loving gay marriage, it would not be hard to know which child fared better. Ever watch wife swap or super nanny, the so called normals are as nutty as any nut.

But the thing that I find interesting is why is homosexuality so much an interest for some people? If we have solved all the serious issues of life maybe I could think about gay marriage for one second, maybe, but since this brief moment of existence is filled with real tragedy and real stuff, I suggest GET A LIFE.

Without people trying to push the agenda, you don't have anyone arguing against it.

Again, you are making an argument that isn't being discussed. I haven't said a word about whether or not gay parents produce gay children. My original comment is that same-gender parents WILL affect their children simply because they are same-gender parents.

QUOTE]

There has been a thread that made a sweeping statement that adopted gay parents molested children and insinuated that all gay parents are molesters. Perhaps I was lazy not to look that thread up and address my opinion there. I am not making any "arguement" I have always stated it is my opinion and I never prefaced it to say I am right and so n so is wrong. Yes you made a comment and I agreed with it didn't I? Now I have a question for you, do you think gay parents that adopt children produce gay kids more then straight parents?

Your very eloquent, I suppose in todays times there are certainly all sorts of circumstances that are less then traditional. I am a straight single mom of 2, even though it is not traditional I love my children very much and we are happy. Where I live if you don't get remarried in 3 months they think somethings wrong with you. I appreciate traditional families and how hard they work to keep the family together. I admire people who stay together a long time. It just didnt happen for me.

I love being a parent and sounds like you are the same. No there is nothing wrong with being a good parent and seems like you will not be swayed by popular opinion (which is a good thing).

Best of luck to you and your family.

You're making a relativist argument but take a look at what kind of parents you are comparing same-gender couples to. Abesent, alcoholic, abusive ... everything but GOOD parents.

Then you try to twist it into a homosexual parent not having an adverse affect on a child. Not if they live on the moon and the child never learns any better, or never takes a biology class that points out things ain't normal around the house. Or he never sees that he's the only one in the neigborhood with two dads.

None of that requires unfounded judgements. Just the child observing the world in which he/she lives.

Edit: In addition, you need to read my posts a bit more carefully. I have not argued the rightness nor wrongness of homosexual parents, so try to address what I am arguing. That regardless your opinion, or anyone else's, given the reality in which we live versus your idealist, unrealistic utopia ... it is completely selfish for homosexuals to raise children in our society. They are thinking only of what they want for them, and not about what is best for the child. If you aren't thinking what is best for the child, you don't need to have one.

Okay, I read all of your posts again. I understand your point of view and I think several issues are being confused in this thread. So, please read my words again as well.

My initial post to you was in response to your statement that having homosexual parents has an obviously "adverse affect" on children. You joked about selling swampland to anyone who doesn't see this.

My entire point is, So what? Let's quit picking on the gays already!

There are many parental behaviors that have adverse affects on children. Not to deny any adverse affects one way or the other, but to dispute that having a homosexual parent is inherently more adverse than anything else. That would be an unfounded judgment.

I honestly think it is you that may be stuck in your idealism. Homosexual parents exist, whether you like it or not. I'll spare you the delineation of all the possible scenarios, but for the sake of this discussion, let's acknowledge that most of them are not adopted.

Your stance that since children will be ridiculed by their peers, therefore homosexual parents are the worst most selfish kind of parents, is dystopian. My response again, would be to compare several other worse or selfish parental scenarios that wind up subjecting children to similar ridicule or other "adverse affects".

I stand by my statements which are not utopian or idealistic, but realistic.

Of course, all parents "affect" children. I can think of many things that affect children. An absent parent, an alcoholic parent, an abusive parent...all have "adverse affects" on children. A homosexual parent does not inherently have an adverse affect on a child. The adverse affect comes from other people who make unfounded judgments on individual parents who happen to be homosexual.

So who is to say that a child would not be better off in a home where the loving and attentive parents happen to be homosexual, despite whether or not it is an ideal situation...? There is your relativistic argument...the adverse affects of this vs the beneficial affects of that.

The basis of the OP is simplistic...Parents affect children! :eek: Who would have guessed? Lol

Again, I say...So, let's quit picking on the gays already! :D

I love being a parent and sounds like you are the same. No there is nothing wrong with being a good parent and seems like you will not be swayed by popular opinion (which is a good thing).

Best of luck to you and your family.

Thank you much appreciated.

Okay, I read all of your posts again. I understand your point of view and I think several issues are being confused in this thread. So, please read my words again as well.

My initial post to you was in response to your statement that having homosexual parents has an obviously "adverse affect" on children. You joked about selling swampland to anyone who doesn't see this.

My entire point is, So what? Let's quit picking on the gays already!

There are many parental behaviors that have adverse affects on children. Not to deny any adverse affects one way or the other, but to dispute that having a homosexual parent is inherently more adverse than anything else. That would be an unfounded judgment.

I honestly think it is you that may be stuck in your idealism. Homosexual parents exist, whether you like it or not. I'll spare you the delineation of all the possible scenarios, but for the sake of this discussion, let's acknowledge that most of them are not adopted.

Your stance that since children will be ridiculed by their peers, therefore homosexual parents are the worst most selfish kind of parents, is dystopian. My response again, would be to compare several other worse or selfish parental scenarios that wind up subjecting children to similar ridicule or other "adverse affects".

I stand by my statements which are not utopian or idealistic, but realistic.

Again, I say...So, let's quit picking on the gays already! :D
Maybe it's just me, but I think people that actually want to have children are usually pretty good bets for parents.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the "study" Bass is posting is from a guy whose life mission is to believe anything negative he can find about gay people.

Maybe it's just me, but I think people that actually want to have children are usually pretty good bets for parents.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the "study" Bass is posting is from a guy whose life mission is to believe anything negative he can find about gay people.

:lol: Oh, I noticed! Who would expect anything less from Charlie?

And yes, committing to raising a child is not a selfish act. By some of the logic posted here, fat & ugly people shouldn't raise children either...I mean, don't be so selfish, people....think of all the ridicule! :cuckoo:

Last edited:
IThis thread is a about how children are affected, not about tolerance of gay marriage.

There's a clear link and you can't discuss one without the other. Intolerance of gay marriage will affect the children. You say potato....

Last edited:
I say pototo....opposites attract....(next topic for charles do gays like that song?)

I feel sorry for any child raised by homo parents.

They will be stigmatized and mentally affected for life.

I know if there were children who had gay parents and lived next door to me.

I would NEVER let my children play with them or go over to their house.

I feel sorry for any child raised by homo parents.

They will be stigmatized and mentally affected for life.

I know if there were children who had gay parents and lived next door to me.

I would NEVER let my children play with them or go over to their house.

How Ironic !

Like I said, I would feel really sorry for kids raised by homo parents.

They would be in constant danger of molestation by their parents friends.

Raised in a perverted environment. They would never know the meaning of normal.

Now see your comments like that is why I went a bit off topic in this thread, Gunny Actually made you a thread to address these concerns you have about gay people. Yet you have chose to avoid answering his question and just throw out your sweeping statements. "danger" "molestation", Maybe you think it's funny and it is just your sense of humor. But if your serious then why don't give an explanation with your evidence? If you have no evidence then how about an in depth explanation for your opinion?

All you have to do is read my posts.

Homos and their sick lifestyle are a threat to our societies morals and values.

Teaching children that homosexuality is normal. Is nothing but mental child abuse.

Homos have a long term agenda to corrupt our children and turn them into future homosexual degenerates.

Go to the thread Gunny made and show me your facts on this statement you just made.

"Homos have a long term agenda to corrupt our children and turn them into future homosexual degenerates."

If this is just your opinion then clarify it by stating it is your own personal opinion because I disregard peoples opinions all the time, if they provide no sound explanation that I resonate with. But if you are implying that it is a "fact" that there is an "agenda" then provide evidence of it.

Go to the thread Gunny made and show me your facts on this statement you just made.

"Homos have a long term agenda to corrupt our children and turn them into future homosexual degenerates."

If this is just your opinion then clarify it by stating it is your own personal opinion because I disregard peoples opinions all the time, if they provide no sound explanation that I resonate with. But if you are implying that it is a "fact" that there is an "agenda" then provide evidence of it.
All you have to do is open your eyes and the evidence is perfectly clear.

Well because in that thread we can discuss all the issues you have with homoesexuals in just one thread, alot easier.

Forum List

Back