Sexual Orientation: More like religion or more like ethnicity?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
The new homosexual history education law in California got me thinking...

Is sexual orientation more like religion or more like ethnicity? It's not exactly like either of course. But the homosexual rights activists have fought hard to get it viewed more like race (or ethnicity), often comparing their 'persecution' to that of blacks in this country (which I would find particularly insulting if I were black).

Discuss.

In some ways they are correct. Gays have been persecuted and murdered throughout time (except ancient Greece) so they have a point. I don't believe it to be a choice either. I think it is a switch that is flicked at conception.

I don't know man alot of people treat Muslims as their own race, sexual orientation is probably going to be a category for race soon.

And being gay is nothing like being black, you can't hide being black but if you don't want people to know you are gay, don't tell them.

You are of course correct about being able to hide. That was never an option for blacks for sure.

And being gay is nothing like being black, you can't hide being black but if you don't want people to know you are gay, don't tell them.

You are of course correct about being able to hide. That was never an option for blacks for sure.

Sexual orientation is also a sexual preference which alot of people don't even know find out until their teen years or even later in life, you know you are Black pretty much as soon as you are born.

Or marry someone of the opposite sex and have kids.

Sorry but if a guy is truly homosexual then he shouldn't be able to get it up with a woman.

I am as hetero as they get and, no guy on earth or any other planet could arouse me sexually.

Last edited:

Sexual orientation is also a sexual preference which alot of people don't even know find out until their teen years or even later in life, you know you are Black pretty much as soon as you are born.

Here is where we differ. I think sexual orientation for most is programmed and not a choice. Some choose to be gay for sure. But the vast majority have no choice, they are what they are.

Who says sexuality is an absolute? It could be a gray area, it could evolve over time. For some, sexuality may be established at birth, for others it may be hidden and emerge later

But who really cares?

You should have the right to love the person you choose....regardless of sex

You can leave your ethnic ties (but not your skin color), you can leave your religion, but you can't leave your sexual orientation.

Who says sexuality is an absolute? It could be a gray area, it could evolve over time. For some, sexuality may be established at birth, for others it may be hidden and emerge later

But who really cares?

You should have the right to love the person you choose....regardless of sex

It does seem to evolve over time, but for the 2 per cent of strictly gay always gay and will die gay people in the world, they are pretty much set. :D

Forum List

Back