Sexual harrassment update

The Supreme Court made a ruling on protection for people discussing sexual harrassment.

Supreme Court: law bars sex harassment retaliation - Yahoo! News

The Lady was basically fired for talking about what they ask her about. WHERE in the world do people get the idea they can get away with shit like this?

Who are you referring to here?

The idiotic board that fired her. Why do sane people think they can just make shit up and fire people to cover scum? All they had to do was fire the harrassment guy.

From the link already posted.

The investigation did not result in any disciplinary action against Hughes. A few months after taking part in the investigation, Crawford was suspended and then fired. Two other women who complained about sexual harassment by Hughes also were fired.

The school system fired Crawford after accusing her of drug use and embezzlement but Crawford called the accusations unfounded.

The Supreme Court made a ruling on protection for people discussing sexual harrassment.

Supreme Court: law bars sex harassment retaliation - Yahoo! News

The Lady was basically fired for talking about what they ask her about. WHERE in the world do people get the idea they can get away with shit like this?

Who are you referring to here?

The idiotic board that fired her. Why do sane people think they can just make shit up and fire people to cover scum? All they had to do was fire the harrassment guy.

Oh, ok I read the link and wasn't sure if you were talking about Crawford, Hughes, or the board. Yeah, I agree that it's total BS. I'm glad this woman won her case.

The school system fired Crawford after accusing her of drug use and embezzlement but Crawford called the accusations unfounded.

She worked there 30 years and then suddenly she's developed a drug abuse and embezzlement problem?!

Sounds dubious.

Now what might motivate such character assassination?

If she can prove that she was sexually harrassed, and the school did nothing about it, she can sue the school system.

How convenient that they had a handy "drug abuse" rumor to throw at her character, eh?

Do that innuendo assault on anyone involved in a school system and those people suddenly become personae non grata. All thinking stops and the mob mentality goes into overdrive.

I'm surprised they didn't charge her with molesting children, too.

We live in a very sleazy world, folks.

Crawford told the assistant human resources director that Hughes asked to see her breasts on numerous occasions, grabbed his genitals in front of her and once pulled her head toward his crotch

seems they put the fox in the charge of the henhouse

But that's what happens when someone's underling is actually investigating charges against his own superior. Not to mention the fact that often people, and corporations, do what they want until someone (the court) says no. That's one of the reasons these laws are so important.

I like Souter's quote, though... "the law doesn't require some freakish rule". Bravo. :clap2:

Forum List

Back