Sexual Harassment Pervasive In U.S. Middle And High Schools, Survey Finds

I don't like the double standard we are setting though, its ok for a teenage boy to tell a teenage girl in high school she has a nice ass and make provocative comments and nothing happens, but once that teen boy is in the work force and tries that he is fired. I always thought school was supposed to prepare kids for the real world, but schools appears to be doing anything but that.

Its not just boys on girls. Its boys sexually harassing other boys, and girls harassing other girls.

Schools should not be the one teaching these kids values. The parents should be the ones held to teaching and raising up children with some moral and mental stop gaps. The parents should be the ones teaching values, rights and wrongs, can and cant do's .

The parents should be the ones watching what their children are doing and how they are behaving... and taking appropriate actions when they misbehave.

The parents should be the ones watching what their children are doing and how they are behaving... and taking appropriate actions when they misbehave. [/COLOR]

Well, when my kids are at school, I can't see their daily activities. But, I can get a good feel for what they're like by watching them the rest of the time.

The parents should be the ones watching what their children are doing and how they are behaving... and taking appropriate actions when they misbehave. [/COLOR]

Well, when my kids are at school, I can't see their daily activities. But, I can get a good feel for what they're like by watching them the rest of the time.

But what you do at home in terms of raising them on how to behave should should up in school. (well at least you would hope so).

What kids do on facebook and twiter falls directly in the parents lap. They are the ones paying for and providing their children the access to media.

If your child is labeled as a bully at school then it should be the parents who should deal with the problem... not the school. I am all for expelling bullies to be home schooled by the parents. Its their child, their problem... not the schools.

I don't like the double standard we are setting though, its ok for a teenage boy to tell a teenage girl in high school she has a nice ass and make provocative comments and nothing happens, but once that teen boy is in the work force and tries that he is fired. I always thought school was supposed to prepare kids for the real world, but schools appears to be doing anything but that.

Its not just boys on girls. Its boys sexually harassing other boys, and girls harassing other girls.

Schools should not be the one teaching these kids values. The parents should be the ones held to teaching and raising up children with some moral and mental stop gaps. The parents should be the ones teaching values, rights and wrongs, can and cant do's .

The parents should be the ones watching what their children are doing and how they are behaving... and taking appropriate actions when they misbehave.

Whats changed? kids have been around since the beginning of time, have parents stopped doing these things for their kids?

All i know is this is nothing new. Kids are as vicious as they come. The abusers don't have the life experience to hold their tongues or thoughts. They find what hurts and exploit it. The victims don't have the life experience to let what others say roll off of them.

The new problem is that there are just new outlets for it to happen.

I agree 100%, from what I have seen kids dont developy empathy or sympathy until later in life, they can be more cruel and vicious than adults. I think the new outlets like cyber bullying on Facebook and Twitter has made things worse, because now even when you go home after school the bullying doesn't stop.

Cyber bullying has not made things worse. In my opinion it has only made it easier. Just think about the bullies here.... most likely it is some pussy with a key board... in r/l more likely they are some pussy whipped mouse scared of their own shadow. A key board makes it easier to pull shit. So the kid who would not dare to say half of the crap they do in real/life have no problem bullying behind the safety of a keyboard.

Parents should be held liable for anything their kids are doing on facebook or twitter, as they are the ones paying for the ....shall we call .. the a weapon. Parents need to exercise a bit more control in my opinion.

Cyberbullying is not harmless, it has NOT made things better. Not when kids committ suicide over it.

Whats changed? kids have been around since the beginning of time, have parents stopped doing these things for their kids?

Where have you been HG. It would seem that many parents have stopped doing these things for their children. Its one of the reasons teachers are having such a hard time.... ask the teachers here in the forum that questions and see what they say.

I agree 100%, from what I have seen kids dont developy empathy or sympathy until later in life, they can be more cruel and vicious than adults. I think the new outlets like cyber bullying on Facebook and Twitter has made things worse, because now even when you go home after school the bullying doesn't stop.

Cyber bullying has not made things worse. In my opinion it has only made it easier. Just think about the bullies here.... most likely it is some pussy with a key board... in r/l more likely they are some pussy whipped mouse scared of their own shadow. A key board makes it easier to pull shit. So the kid who would not dare to say half of the crap they do in real/life have no problem bullying behind the safety of a keyboard.

Parents should be held liable for anything their kids are doing on facebook or twitter, as they are the ones paying for the ....shall we call .. the a weapon. Parents need to exercise a bit more control in my opinion.

Cyberbullying is not harmless, it has NOT made things better. Not when kids committ suicide over it.

Where do i say it is not harmless?

Where do i say cyberbulling has made things better?

I said.... its made it easier to bully.

Where have you been HG. It would seem that many parents have stopped doing these things for their children. Its one of the reasons teachers are having such a hard time.... ask the teachers here in the forum that questions and see what they say.

I believe you, I just don't understand people that don't want to raise their own kids. If you don't want to raise kids than don't have them, thats what I think.

You said "cyberbullying has NOT made things worse". I disagree.

I believe you, I just don't understand people that don't want to raise their own kids. If you don't want to raise kids than don't have them, thats what I think.

I agree.

You can't have it both ways. You want to force women to carry their fetuses to term whether they are capable of raising them or not.

You said "cyberbullying has NOT made things worse". I disagree.

It has not made things worse.... the sexual harassment has always been there.

What cyber has done..... is to make sexual bullying easier. No cyber, no cyber bullying.

I am sorry you do not understand the difference.

You can't have it both ways. You want to force women to carry their fetuses to term whether they are capable of raising them or not.

Are you speaking to me?

If so you are sadly mistaken. I do not want to force anyone to carry a child.

When I see or hear it in my class room I stop it. A lot of the harrassment is happening on FB and by texting. Parents sending their kids to school with an understanding of how they are expected to treat girls would help. And girls acting in a manner that does not invite inappropriate comments would be helpful as well.

Maybe, instead of specifying this by gender, we could just teach our children to be decent, civil human beings who treat everyone with respect and dignity. I do not expect my daughter to be treated differently than my son. Implying that women are delicate little flowers who should receive special treatment is simply wrong. Furthermore, suggesting that women invite sexual harassment is bullshit.

Calm down there.

I nowhere suggested that women invited sexual harrassment. Plus, we are talking about children. Sexual harrassment goes both ways. I hold both boy and girl students to the same standard. It is all layed out in their SR&R.

Your operative word is WE. You are the parent. Send them to school acting as they should and all I have to do is teach. I did my job as a parent. My son is a Marine officer and daughter has an MBA. Now I'm working on helping other people's kids do the same.

I definently understand what you are saying and I can agree with it to a degree however not all the kids being sexually harassed in schools dress slutty or act in that way, believe me. For alot of these kids bullying is a power play and is the only thing they have, kind of like in a prison yard. If a girl dressed like Mother Teresa in school there is no guarantee she would be left alone, she would probably be more harassed more than the other kids. I think we need to start looking at the people doing the sexual harassing themselves, not the victims.

I didn't say all the kids being harrassed dress slutty. Most of my post was about empowering kids to fend for themselves in all areas. It's tough out there and the males need to know that sexual harrassment is wrong for moral and ethical reasons but also to protect them from disciplinary or legal troubles. It all starts with what's in a person's heart. That cannot be legislated.

Fair enough, I can agree with that.

Cool.

Who do I see when I am sexually harassed by cable? I'd be watching a harmless educational video and the next thing you know I'm watching a sexually explicit ad for birth control or endless boobs bouncing along a reality show promo.It's a fact of life the pop-culture world we live in exploits sex. I guess middle school kids need cell phones for security reasons these days but they need to be educated about the down side and the sleazy side of giving their numbers out and parents need to take interest in their kids cell phone activities.

Last edited:
Who do I see when I am sexually harassed by cable? I'd be watching a harmless educational video and the next thing you know I'm watching a sexually explicit ad for birth control or endless boobs bouncing along a reality show promo.It's a fact of life the pop-culture world we live in exploits sex. I guess middle school kids need cell phones for security reasons these days but they need to be educated about the down side and the sleazy side of giving their numbers out and parents need to take interest in their kids cell phone activities.

The cell phones are just 1 part of the problem, even if all teens were stripped of their cell phones right now the sexual harassment will still continue.

Your operative word is WE. You are the parent. Send them to school acting as they should and all I have to do is teach. I did my job as a parent. My son is a Marine officer and daughter has an MBA. Now I'm working on helping other people's kids do the same.

No matter how well I raise my kids, they are still kids. Just like the average marine requires supervision on the job, so does the average middle school/high school student.

You are naive to think that management of student behavior isn't part of your job...it totally is.

Forum List

Back