Sexual behavior should have at least an R rating

Heres a good summary:
The number of privately owned guns in the U.S. is at an all-time high. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) estimates that there were about 215 million guns in 1999,1 when the number of new guns was averaging about 4.5 million (about 2%) annually. A report for the National Academy of Sciences put the 1999 figure at 258 million. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there were 60.4 million approved (new and used) NICS firearm transactions between 1994 2004. .....

The FBI reports that the nation`s total violent crime rate declined every year between 1991 2004. In 2004, the violent crime rate fell to a 30-year low, lower than any time since 1974. The murder rate fell to a 39-year low, lower than any time since 1965. The 2004 robbery and aggravated assault rates were lower than any time since 1968 and 1984, respectively. Since 1991, total violent crime has decreased 39%; murder and non-negligent manslaughter, 44%; rape, 24%; robbery, 50%; and aggravated assault, 33%. Between 2003-2004, the violent crime rate declined 2.2%. Concurrently, the most recent Bureau of Justice Statistics crime victimization survey found that violent crime is lower than anytime since 1973, when the first such survey was conducted.
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=126

1. My screen name and avatar are about personal protection. With increased firearm ownership by law abiding citizens, violent crime goes down. That is a fact, so your emotional argument has zero logic.
First of all, I own firearms too, but I don't wear them in a holster on my forehead, flaunting them so that I come-off as a knuckle-dragging militarist who uses violence to solve my problems. Second, it is not a fact that higher firearm ownership brings down crime. That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. From the standpoint of simple probability, the more armed people you have, the more your incidence of violent, gun-related crimes/accidents would go up, not down. My argument is not emotional. Your violence-mongering moniker and avatar wholly exemplifies the rightwing American mindset since 9/11. It's a reactionary mindset void of intellectual contemplation that resembles that of a junkyard dog--and I think it's partly because of our "wonderful" leadership in Washington. Before Bush became governor, the state motto of Texas was "Drive Friendly." Now it's "Don't mess with Texas." How quaint. How neighborly. :rolleyes:

2. Kids should learn, from society, that sex is something that is off limits until they are adults because its purpose is to make babies- period. What parents teach their kids is their business.
It's purpose isn't just to make babies period. That's a bullsh*t lie. In addition to the purpose of making babies, it also serves as an extremely pleasureful way to spend an afternoon or a morning or an evening. Try it sometime. It seems you need to relieve some stress anyway. If you're only having sex when you want to make a baby I feel sorry for you.

3. Perhaps you could explain your logic jump from a married coupled kissing to "where do babies come from".
My logic, based on the post you started this thread with, was that either you don't know anything about sex or that you and your husband, if you have one, sleep on separate beds except for one night a year when you celebrate your anniversary. It only followed that I assumed you'd be one of those who demonizes sex and refrains from any affectionate interaction with the opposite sex in front of kids for the purpose of preserving their "innocence" until they are 18 and move out into the world virginal with no knowledge of the opposite sex.

4. I agree that violence should be R as well. One of my favorite movies, The Patriot, has no sex but is an R due to violence.
I'm glad you agree with this. But I think nudity should not be as restricted as violence--yet I see gratuitous violence on television every night. Gratuitous sexual interaction should be, but nudity is another thing entirely. I think the overreaction to the Janet Jackson titty debacle was ridiculous.

First of all, I own firearms too, but I don't wear them in a holster on my forehead, flaunting them so that I come-off as a knuckle-dragging militarist who uses violence to solve my problems. Second, it is not a fact that higher firearm ownership brings down crime. That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. From the standpoint of simple probability, the more armed people you have, the more your incidence of violent, gun-related crimes/accidents would go up, not down. My argument is not emotional. Your violence-mongering moniker and avatar wholly exemplifies the rightwing American mindset since 9/11. It's a reactionary mindset void of intellectual contemplation that resembles that of a junkyard dog--and I think it's partly because of our "wonderful" leadership in Washington. Before Bush became governor, the state motto of Texas was "Drive Friendly." Now it's "Don't mess with Texas." How quaint. How neighborly. :rolleyes:

Haghead.... you're an idiot. Are you actually saying that if the Algore or Kerry-Heinz would have been elected there wouldn't be as much violence?One of the neo-left's biggest icons, one who can't put two sentences together unless someone writes them for him, was found to be in possesssion of quite a few weapons(assorted guns) in the trunk of his stolen Buick Grand National. So not only did that nimrod Sean Penn-head carry weapons, he helped distribute them to criminals. As for the "Don't Mess With Texas" anti-litter bumper sticker, that is the idea of some ad agency trying to be clever. It is a lot more clever than "drive friendly" and "drive friendly" has nothing to do with anti-litter.

I have a concealed weapons permit and will be happy to participate in the killing of some asshole that starts firing on innocent people at a Burger King while you go cower in the toilet with your peace-nic attitude. You are exactly the type that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a weapon. As for knuckle-dragging militarist, I'll put my IQ up against your's anyday you skinny little white boy. I can imagine what a great target you make hanging out in the parking lot of your favorite gay bar.

It's purpose isn't just to make babies period. That's a bullsh*t lie. In addition to the purpose of making babies, it also serves as an extremely pleasureful way to spend an afternoon or a morning or an evening. Try it sometime. It seems you need to relieve some stress anyway. If you're only having sex when you want to make a baby I feel sorry for you.

I would venture to say that sex is the root of more violence than anything including the pursuit of easy money. Around here, every weekend at some cantina, mexicans carve each other up with knives. Since Katrina brought all of the wonderful squatters that called New Orleans home before, blacks knife, shoot and burn people almost everyday in the Southwest part of town, somehow I'm guessing that neither of these groups of assholes are Republican. I would bet, in fact, if they have ever bothered to register that they as well as most criminals are Democrats or would vote for Democrats. That is the Democrat base, the absolute dumbest losers that use but never contribute to society. No link here just common sense.

My logic, based on the post you started this thread with, was that either you don't know anything about sex or that you and your husband, if you have one, sleep on separate beds except for one night a year when you celebrate your anniversary. It only followed that I assumed you'd be one of those who demonizes sex and refrains from any affectionate interaction with the opposite sex in front of kids for the purpose of preserving their "innocence" until they are 18 and move out into the world virginal with no knowledge of the opposite sex.

You assume a lot don't you fagbard?

I'm glad you agree with this. But I think nudity should not be as restricted as violence--yet I see gratuitous violence on television every night. Gratuitous sexual interaction should be, but nudity is another thing entirely. I think the overreaction to the Janet Jackson titty debacle was ridiculous.

You think? I think it was typical lameass attempt to make that twerp Justine look less gay. It was tasteless and a very poor attempt at entertainment.

A nationwide study of crime statistics vs. gun ownership? Wouldn't you think it's important to look at distribution of crime vs. ownership? Not exactly honest to assume an even average across the whole country...

Its honest as hell, as well as makes sense. More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens means criminals fear us, hence less crime.

[1]First of all, I own firearms too, but I don't wear them in a holster on my forehead, flaunting them so that I come-off as a knuckle-dragging militarist who uses violence to solve my problems. Second, it is not a fact that higher firearm ownership brings down crime. That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. From the standpoint of simple probability, the more armed people you have, the more your incidence of violent, gun-related crimes/accidents would go up, not down. My argument is not emotional. Your violence-mongering moniker and avatar wholly exemplifies the rightwing American mindset since 9/11. It's a reactionary mindset void of intellectual contemplation that resembles that of a junkyard dog--and I think it's partly because of our "wonderful" leadership in Washington. Before Bush became governor, the state motto of Texas was "Drive Friendly." Now it's "Don't mess with Texas." How quaint. How neighborly. :rolleyes:

[2]It's purpose isn't just to make babies period. That's a bullsh*t lie. In addition to the purpose of making babies, it also serves as an extremely pleasureful way to spend an afternoon or a morning or an evening. Try it sometime. It seems you need to relieve some stress anyway. If you're only having sex when you want to make a baby I feel sorry for you.

[3]My logic, based on the post you started this thread with, was that either you don't know anything about sex or that you and your husband, if you have one, sleep on separate beds except for one night a year when you celebrate your anniversary. It only followed that I assumed you'd be one of those who demonizes sex and refrains from any affectionate interaction with the opposite sex in front of kids for the purpose of preserving their "innocence" until they are 18 and move out into the world virginal with no knowledge of the opposite sex.

1. Do you see one on my forehead? How silly. My avatar is honing her accuracy.
2. You should re-read the post that you are referring to, as you are commenting on something completely different. But then you are full of assumptions, aren’t you? How neighborly.
3. More incorrect assumptions. How neighborly.

Much more out there that proves Glock is correct.

GUN OWNERSHIP MANDATORY IN KENNESAW, GEORGIA

Crime Rate Plummets - Why Doesn't The Media Visit Kennesaw?

"The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes. The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982. And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998. With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you? The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence. The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish. There have been two occasions in my own family when the presence of a handgun averted potential disaster. In both instances the gun was never aimed at a person and no shot was fired."

Haghead.... you're an idiot. Are you actually saying that if the Algore or Kerry-Heinz would have been elected there wouldn't be as much violence?One of the neo-left's biggest icons, one who can't put two sentences together unless someone writes them for him, was found to be in possesssion of quite a few weapons(assorted guns) in the trunk of his stolen Buick Grand National. So not only did that nimrod Sean Penn-head carry weapons, he helped distribute them to criminals. As for the "Don't Mess With Texas" anti-litter bumper sticker, that is the idea of some ad agency trying to be clever. It is a lot more clever than "drive friendly" and "drive friendly" has nothing to do with anti-litter.

I have a concealed weapons permit and will be happy to participate in the killing of some asshole that starts firing on innocent people at a Burger King while you go cower in the toilet with your peace-nic attitude. You are exactly the type that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a weapon. As for knuckle-dragging militarist, I'll put my IQ up against your's anyday you skinny little white boy. I can imagine what a great target you make hanging out in the parking lot of your favorite gay bar.

I would venture to say that sex is the root of more violence than anything including the pursuit of easy money. Around here, every weekend at some cantina, mexicans carve each other up with knives. Since Katrina brought all of the wonderful squatters that called New Orleans home before, blacks knife, shoot and burn people almost everyday in the Southwest part of town, somehow I'm guessing that neither of these groups of assholes are Republican. I would bet, in fact, if they have ever bothered to register that they as well as most criminals are Democrats or would vote for Democrats. That is the Democrat base, the absolute dumbest losers that use but never contribute to society. No link here just common sense.

You assume a lot don't you fagbard?

You think? I think it was typical lameass attempt to make that twerp Justine look less gay. It was tasteless and a very poor attempt at entertainment.
Racism against two ethnic groups, bigotry toward gays, fantasies of committing violent acts in public, attacks on my sexuality simply because you don't agree with my opinion, violent, homo-erotic threats issued toward me in another one of your fantasies about frequenting a gay bar? You're like a monkey in a cage throwing feces at his trainer because you didn't get a treat. Give me a break dude. You need psychiatric help. And just for your information, Bush won the majority of the Latino vote in the last election, not Kerry. You're ridiculous. I feel sorry for whoever you live with because you're obviously a sociopath carrying a loaded weapon around on your hip in public. Sheesh.

More...........

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_n15_v46/ai_15729634
* Americans use firearms to defend themselves from criminals at least 764,000 times a year. This figure is the lowest among a group of 9 nationwide surveys done by organizations including Gallup and the Los Angeles Times. (16b)

* In 1982, a survey of imprisoned criminals found that 34% of them had been "scared off, shot at, wounded or captured by an armed victim." (16c)
* Washington D.C. enacted a virtual ban on handguns in 1976. Between 1976 and 1991, Washington D.C.'s homicide rate rose 200%, while the U.S. rate rose 12%. (1)
* Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. At the time the law was passed, critics predicted increases in violence. The founder of the National Organization of Women, Betty Friedan stated:
"lethal violence, even in self defense, only engenders more violence." (13)
* When the law went into effect, the Dade County Police began a program to record all arrest and non arrest incidents involving concealed carry licensees. Between September of 1987 and August of 1992, Dade County recorded 4 crimes committed by licensees with firearms. None of these crimes resulted in an injury. The record keeping program was abandoned in 1992 because there were not enough incidents to justify tracking them. (13)(15)

* Florida adopted a right-to-carry law in 1987. Between 1987 and 1996, these changes occurred:
Florida United States
homicide rate Fl -36% US -0.4%
firearm homicide rate Fl -37% US +15%
handgun homicide rate Fl -41% US +24%

http://www.justfacts.com/gun_control.htm

Take two states with roughly equal populations. Say hypothetically one is flooded with legal gun ownership and one isn't. If crime goes up or stays the same in the legal gun ownership state, but drastically goes down in the other, that shows on the whole that gun ownership went up and crime went down, but doesn't mean gun ownership was responsible for the decline in crime.

Again, Mr. P's study is much better, because it concentrates on a local area. The United States is too large to simply make a sweepeing generalization of trend without accompanying discussion as to the distribution of guns and crime rates.

This of course is all assuming there aren't other factors playing a role in the reduction or inflation of crime.

Racism against two ethnic groups, bigotry toward gays, fantasies of committing violent acts in public, attacks on my sexuality simply because you don't agree with my opinion, violent, homo-erotic threats issued toward me in another one of your fantasies about frequenting a gay bar? You're like a monkey in a cage throwing feces at his trainer because you didn't get a treat. Give me a break dude. You need psychiatric help. And just for your information, Bush won the majority of the Latino vote in the last election, not Kerry. You're ridiculous. I feel sorry for whoever you live with because you're obviously a sociopath carrying a loaded weapon around on your hip in public. Sheesh.

Did I strike a nerve there fagbard? Racism? I have just stated the facts haghead, the southwest side of Houston is a huge percentage black and from New Orleans. I know Houston cops that don't want to go near that area. I see the news on television, when they arrest someone who has just burned down an apartment and he is obviously black, is that racist? If the two guys at a local cantina are named Garcia and Hernandez and they just got into a knife fight because they are drunk and Hernandez just hit on Garcia's girlfriend, is it racist that I say that mexicans get into knife fights every weekend? These are the type of names that are in the news for fighting almost every day in Houston but every weekend you can be sure a mexican is going to kill another mexican at a bar in the Houston metro area and usually with a knife.

I wasn't talking about decent hispanics, I was talking about hispanic, black, white, asian.....whatever, criminals. Criminals are naturally in favor of Democrats just as terrorist are and anyone else that wants to take advantage of decent people. Why do you think that the lowlifes of the world hate President Bush but loved President Clinton? Because they knew they could get over on the Bill.

I don't wear my Glock 30 on my belt dumbass, you don't need a concealed weapons sticker for that. Why do you think you see a lot of older men wearing island style shirts out of their pants? If you think it's just because they are fat, think again. In Texas you better understand that a great deal of these guys are packing and more than ready to defend themselves and their families. Come to a shooting range here and see the wide range of men and women honing their skill. You can pretend that we live in shangrila but you are wrong and will probably be a victim of a violent crime and it won't be a Republican perp.

Take two states with roughly equal populations. Say hypothetically one is flooded with legal gun ownership and one isn't. If crime goes up or stays the same in the legal gun ownership state, but drastically goes down in the other, that shows on the whole that gun ownership went up and crime went down, but doesn't mean gun ownership was responsible for the decline in crime.

Again, Mr. P's study is much better, because it concentrates on a local area. The United States is too large to simply make a sweepeing generalization of trend without accompanying discussion as to the distribution of guns and crime rates.

This of course is all assuming there aren't other factors playing a role in the reduction or inflation of crime.
I think if you wanted to make a realistic study, you'd have several small areas with racially and ethnically diverse populations so that you could compare and contrast differences and similiarities. I think Kennesaw is a largely white area, so it probably has a low crime rate anyway. I may be mistaken though. :huh: Staying on point though, I do know that per capita, the US has a higher rate of gun ownership and violent crime than Canada.

Did I strike a nerve there fagbard? Racism? I have just stated the facts haghead, the southwest side of Houston is a huge percentage black and from New Orleans. I know Houston cops that don't want to go near that area. I see the news on television, when they arrest someone who has just burned down an apartment and he is obviously black, is that racist? If the two guys at a local cantina are named Garcia and Hernandez and they just got into a knife fight because they are drunk and Hernandez just hit on Garcia's girlfriend, is it racist that I say that mexicans get into knife fights every weekend? These are the type of names that are in the news for fighting almost every day in Houston but every weekend you can be sure a mexican is going to kill another mexican at a bar in the Houston metro area and usually with a knife.

I wasn't talking about decent hispanics, I was talking about hispanic, black, white, asian.....whatever, criminals. Criminals are naturally in favor of Democrats just as terrorist are and anyone else that wants to take advantage of decent people. Why do you think that the lowlifes of the world hate President Bush but loved President Clinton? Because they knew they could get over on the Bill.

I don't wear my Glock 30 on my belt dumbass, you don't need a concealed weapons sticker for that. Why do you think you see a lot of older men wearing island style shirts out of their pants? If you think it's just because they are fat, think again. In Texas you better understand that a great deal of these guys are packing and more than ready to defend themselves and their families. Come to a shooting range here and see the wide range of men and women honing their skill. You can pretend that we live in shangrila but you are wrong and will probably be a victim of a violent crime and it won't be a Republican perp.
No, Shit-harro, you didn't strike a nerve. I am pro-gay rights, I have a gay step-uncle and I even had to share a dorm room with a homo my first year in college so I don't give a flying f*ck what you say about my sexuality. I also own a pistol, a shotgun and two hunting rifles and I live in College Park right outside of Atlanta in one of the "blackest" neighborhoods there is so if you have anymore imbecilic revelations you'd like to share about either my sexuality or my safety, I'll be happy to read them but for your sake I'd like to tell you I think it's a moot point. I find it odd that you are surprised to see violence at a bar in a sh. That's like walking through a bathroom and being surprised to see a urinal on the wall. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I came-up with my own clever little moniker for you since you have so lovingly come up with one for me. Until next time Shit-harro!

Forum List

Back