Sexual assault lawsuit filed against Superintendent

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A former school district secretary has filed a lawsuit against Schools Superintendent Joseph M. Ferraina alleging that he sexually assaulted her, kept her as his sex slave and threatened to ruin her life if she ever told anyone, a complaint filed in Superior Court in Freehold Monday alleges. Also named as defendants in the suit are the Board of Education and unspecified John and Jane Does.

Russo alleges in the complaint the sexual assaults began in September 2004 and never reported them to police because she was scared into silence.

In the complaint, Russo claims she had to leave her job May 17, 2010, because of the ongoing attacks and after having a nervous breakdown, which required her to be placed on medications.

Sexual assault lawsuit filed against Long Branch Schools superintendent | The Asbury Park Press | APP.com

Wow. Six years of being a sex slave and she never told anyone. Sue the school!

This kind of nonsense makes me crazy.

A woman scorned?

A former school district secretary has filed a lawsuit against Schools Superintendent Joseph M. Ferraina alleging that he sexually assaulted her, kept her as his sex slave and threatened to ruin her life if she ever told anyone, a complaint filed in Superior Court in Freehold Monday alleges. Also named as defendants in the suit are the Board of Education and unspecified John and Jane Does.

Russo alleges in the complaint the sexual assaults began in September 2004 and never reported them to police because she was scared into silence.

In the complaint, Russo claims she had to leave her job May 17, 2010, because of the ongoing attacks and after having a nervous breakdown, which required her to be placed on medications.

Sexual assault lawsuit filed against Long Branch Schools superintendent | The Asbury Park Press | APP.com

A woman scorned?

"Sex Slave" seems a bit of overkill here. Whenever I hear that term, I envision someone locked in a closet for twelve years, chained to the wall and only allowed to come out to perform sex acts on the Master. Sounds to me like we have an overly enthusiastic news item writer here.

However - take a look at the part about how he threatened to ruin her life/fire her if she ratted him out. That can be a pretty persuasive threat in many cases - obviously it was in this one.

They always sue the employer (in this case, the school district) on the chance they can find something through discovery that will establish negligent hiring. Also, they always sue the employer because the employer is always much more able to respond in damages than the individual employee. Is that fair? Depends. But it's reality.

A woman scorned?

"Sex Slave" seems a bit of overkill here. Whenever I hear that term, I envision someone locked in a closet for twelve years, chained to the wall and only allowed to come out to perform sex acts on the Master. Sounds to me like we have an overly enthusiastic news item writer here.

However - take a look at the part about how he threatened to ruin her life/fire her if she ratted him out. That can be a pretty persuasive threat in many cases - obviously it was in this one.

They always sue the employer (in this case, the school district) on the chance they can find something through discovery that will establish negligent hiring. Also, they always sue the employer because the employer is always much more able to respond in damages than the individual employee. Is that fair? Depends. But it's reality.

This is the kind of case I would toss on summary. I could see an employee suing over a single instance of it happening, but I refuse to believe that ANYONE subjected themselves to that kind of behavior for years and had no choice but suddenly they can quit. More likely the guy was fucking her and then dumped her and now she's pissed.

Lesson of the day? Don't shit where you eat.

A woman scorned?

This is the kind of case I would toss on summary. I could see an employee suing over a single instance of it happening, but I refuse to believe that ANYONE subjected themselves to that kind of behavior for years and had no choice but suddenly they can quit. More likely the guy was fucking her and then dumped her and now she's pissed.

don't piss there either, right?

:lol:

Another useless contribution from the King Troll, why am I not even a little surprised?

Another useless contribution from the King Troll, why am I not even a little surprised?

depends

A woman scorned?

Exactly. She's not a child molested by a teacher or a priest. She is 50 years old. If you are raped, you call the police. If you are harrassed, you contact H.R. If you are a sex slave, you go to the newspaper. What you don't do, is wait six years and then try to get rich. She is extorting money from the schools and for that she should be shamed.

There is no doubt in my mind that she was dumped. The guy may be a scumbag, but she was involved with him. Grow the fuck up woman!

You guys have no idea what transpired.

This is why women who are subjected to sexual abuse don't like to come forward.

Puhleez Allie. Six years? If women want to be treated like equals, they need to act like adults. Even if it is true (which I'm certain it's not) she should have pressed CRIMINAL charges. Instead she's going for the cash. I have no sympathy; nor any respect.

"Sex slave in Asbury Park" sounds like a cheap novel. The fact that it is a lawsuit and not a criminal matter seems to indicate a woman scorned situation. This guy's life and career are ruined no matter how the case turns out. The price you pay for workplace adultury with a woman on medication.

Last edited:
You guys have no idea what transpired.

This is why women who are subjected to sexual abuse don't like to come forward.

Do I KNOW what happened? Of course nt, but I can make an educated guess. If a woman is raped she should absolutely come forward. If a guy holds her in his basement for six years you bet. But no sane person doesn't leave that job after at maximum the 2nd time she is forced to have sex.

Add to that the fact that she didn't pursue a criminal case, and it's a no brainer. She is a woman scorned. I hope that it is proven that they were in a relationship and that the school countersues her for damages.

I think most high school seniors would have more sense than to get into a situation like this. Too bad the district superintendent was a fool.

A woman scorned?

So how did she suddenly manage to overcome her "fear" and get around to filing a complaint against the guy? That fear just "disappeared" after many, many years of just being TERRIFIED to report him? Really? She managed to find the will to quit her job and he didn't do a damn thing about it, certainly made no attempt to ruin her life in spite of the fact his supposed "sex slave" walked off the job leaving him high and dry! But she couldn't bring herself to walk away from this guy straight to the cops the very first time it happened -all because he said WHAT? "I'm going to ruin your life?" HOW? Oh SURE that would instantly work with ME too! ROFL He didn't have her under lock and key, she went home every night, she wasn't kept locked up in a dungeon and she didn't live with him where he could keep a constant eye on her to prevent her from going to cops -and apparently she wasn't even married where the threat he would tell her husband it was her idea might even be a semi-plausible threat. But she can't even fall back on that pathetic one. So she had all the time and opportunity for years and years to do something about it if it was really "unwanted".

If she were REALLY repeatedly raped and "forced" to be the man's sex slave for years and years and years -why turn around file the ridiculously mild claim with the board that he merely created a "hostile work environment"? I'm sorry, being repeatedly raped and FORCED to perform sexual acts against one's will is not merely a "hostile work environment" right up there next to telling dirty jokes and hanging pictures of naked women inside your locker. Charges she certainly managed to upgrade to something far more dramatic when she didn't get the satisfaction of using the board to destroy the man's career and decided to go for the whole enchilada and try to deprive him of everything he values, including his freedom.

So what magically happened that suddenly eliminated her "fear" so she could find the internal fortitude to report his "criminal" behavior to police -after first upgrading her claims from merely creating a "hostile work environment" to claims of being repeatedly RAPED and forced to perform sex acts against her will over the course of YEARS and YEARS? Their affair ended badly and she got dumped. He got a new girlfriend. He got a new secretary more than happy to play sex slave for him so he didn't need her "slave" services anymore. Whatever it was -it pissed HER off and this is her revenge. But do I for one minute believe she was TERRIFIED to go to police and claim to be the victim of repeated rapes and forced to perform sex acts against her will for years and years and years? Oh yeah sure, uh huh. This one just reeks of scorned woman out for big time revenge from every angle.

Forum List

Back