CDZ Sexual Abuse - Are you safer in Church or in School ?

Three of your 4 articles quote the same report and the same figures that I debunked in the OP.
Let me save you some time.
You wont find any evidence ,other than anecdotal, to support your theory because it doesnt exist.

The other link is stating that the authorities are not very good at managing the issue, which I think we can all agree on.

You debunked nothing you Catholic bashing fraud. Clean your own house up and then worry about mine.

Let's start with your Muslim rape problem, then we'll move to your own government's involvement and coverup of kid rape.
I destroyed that report and your only response is to abuse and deflect. Let me remind you that you are in the CDZ and you should come back with facts not abuse.

No you didn't and I know exactly where I am. Again worry about your own house.

Three of your 4 articles quote the same report and the same figures that I debunked in the OP.
You wont find any evidence ,other than anecdotal, to support your theory because it doesnt exist.

The other link is stating that the authorities are not very good at managing the issue, which I think we can all agree on.

You debunked nothing you Catholic bashing fraud. Clean your own house up and then worry about mine.

Let's start with your Muslim rape problem, then we'll move to your own government's involvement and coverup of kid rape.
I destroyed that report and your only response is to abuse and deflect. Let me remind you that you are in the CDZ and you should come back with facts not abuse.

I asked you to back up your allegation that school was more dangerous than church and you have failed to do so.
The fact is that there is no academic research on this so it would be an impossible task.

I then pointed out the many flaws in the report that you offered up and that leaves you pretty much fact free.

Do you still believe kids are safer in church than school and can you support that allegation ?

this is just Chicago... and the democrats are ignoring this report as well..

http://graphics.chicagotribune.com/chicago-public-schools-sexual-abuse/

To better quantify the frequency of abuse in Chicago’s schools, reporters obtained and analyzed Chicago police data on such crimes from 2008 through 2017. Police investigated 523 reports that children were sexually assaulted or abused inside city public schools during that 10-year period, or an average of one report each week, the data show.

-----

In all, the Tribune closely examined 108 cases and identified 72 school employees as alleged perpetrators in the last decade. The rest were student-on-student sexual attacks.

Agan it looks like the authorities do not have adequate safeguards in place. That seems to be a common theme.

But further to that it does not invlidate the point I am making.
We haven’t had adequate safeguards in place in the U.K. for over four decades at the very least regarding huge scale drugging and gang raping of children nationwide.

To make matters worse and what is utterly disgraceful is our officials, from top to bottom, turned a blind eye and even called the child victims liars and racists - all becuase the perps were overwhelmingly Pakistani and Bangladeshi muslims.

Youve never once made a single thread about this problem happening in your own back yard, even though it is ONGOING right now, and you even denied who the perps were and treat it as though it’s not much of an issue. You use the same tactics that were used against the child victims to shut down debate, in your attempt to sweep it under the carpet.

Now you are desperately trying to prove the church is worse than schools in the US? Huddersfield is the latest paedo gang rape scandal to break in your own back yard , it’s going on right now, why no thread if you are so concerned about children?

People generally don’t pretend such abuses don’t happen in the church, but they do about the muslim paedo rape gangs, yet you are obsessing over the church issue.

Last edited:
Forgotten Study: Abuse in School 100 Times Worse than by Priests

There has been some discussion on another thread following a recent scandal in the Catholic Church.

A claim was made that schools are much worse than churches when it comes to child abuse and this article is being cited as proof of this.

I have my doubts about this. The article itself is quite thin on facts to back up the claims.

In fact the headline claim is actually a straight out lie.Here it is -

According to the 2004 study “the most accurate data available at this time” indicates that “nearly 9.6 percent of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career.”

This is what the kids were asked -

During your whole school life, how often, if at all, has anyone (this includes students, teachers, other school employees, or anyone else) done the following things to you when you did not want them to?

Made sexual comments, jokes, gestures, or looks.

Showed, gave or left you sexual pictures, photographs, illustrations, messages, or notes.

Wrote sexual messages/graffiti about you on bathroom walls, in locker rooms, etc.

Spread sexual rumors about you.

Said you were gay or a lesbian.

Spied on you as you dressed or showered at school.

Flashed or “mooned” you. Touched, grabbed, or pinched you in a sexual way.

Intentionally brushed up against you in a sexual way.

Pulled at your clothing in a sexual way.

Pulled off or down your clothing.

Blocked your way or cornered you in a sexual way.

Forced you to kiss him/her.

Forced you to do something sexual, other than kissing.

By claiming the 9.6% figure was all down to teachers the article airbrushes all other perps out of the situation and ,in my opinion, creates a gross slander on the teaching profession.(this includes students, teachers, other school employees, or anyone else)

There is also a world of difference between -

And the actual rape of a choir boy.

The report raises important points about the way offenders, and victims, are treated by the system and the obvious need for change. But solutions are not given and in any case the report is 14 years old so most likely out of date.

Finally there is no mention of paedo activity in the Catholic church or any attempt to form a comparison. No studies seem to have been undertaken on this and,quite frankly, why would there be. Its a question that nobody would ever ask.

I conclude that the comparison has only come from this Christian news site and that it has been made in order to deflect from the very real problems faced by the Church.

In any case it isnt a numbers game. There are problems in schools and there are problems in all organised religions. I just think it is morally wrong to portray the teaching profession as a group of evil paedos.

Here is the link to the actual report. Perhaps I have missed something.

https://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/misconductreview/report.pdf

Well this is dumb.
"any sexual comments made to you" by a fellow student.
Well....duh!!!!
WHat a crock.

I asked you to back up your allegation that school was more dangerous than church and you have failed to do so.
The fact is that there is no academic research on this so it would be an impossible task.

I then pointed out the many flaws in the report that you offered up and that leaves you pretty much fact free.

Do you still believe kids are safer in church than school and can you support that allegation ?
It happens in schools too - why such an obsession with nitpicking over the numbers? Child abuse is abhorrent wherever it occurs, that you try to score points in this way whilst ignoring the huge problem in the muslim community in your own backyard is very telling in terms of your agenda.

There has been some discussion on another thread following a recent scandal in the Catholic Church.

A claim was made that schools are much worse than churches when it comes to child abuse and this article is being cited as proof of this.

I have my doubts about this. The article itself is quite thin on facts to back up the claims.

According to the 2004 study “the most accurate data available at this time” indicates that “nearly 9.6 percent of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career.”

During your whole school life, how often, if at all, has anyone (this includes students, teachers, other school employees, or anyone else) done the following things to you when you did not want them to?

Showed, gave or left you sexual pictures, photographs, illustrations, messages, or notes.

Wrote sexual messages/graffiti about you on bathroom walls, in locker rooms, etc.

By claiming the 9.6% figure was all down to teachers the article airbrushes all other perps out of the situation and ,in my opinion, creates a gross slander on the teaching profession.(this includes students, teachers, other school employees, or anyone else)

The report raises important points about the way offenders, and victims, are treated by the system and the obvious need for change. But solutions are not given and in any case the report is 14 years old so most likely out of date.

Finally there is no mention of paedo activity in the Catholic church or any attempt to form a comparison. No studies seem to have been undertaken on this and,quite frankly, why would there be. Its a question that nobody would ever ask.

I conclude that the comparison has only come from this Christian news site and that it has been made in order to deflect from the very real problems faced by the Church.

In any case it isnt a numbers game. There are problems in schools and there are problems in all organised religions. I just think it is morally wrong to portray the teaching profession as a group of evil paedos.

Well this is dumb.
"any sexual comments made to you" by a fellow student.
Well....duh!!!!
WHat a crock.
By including students it undermines any data it has collected. I would imagine every kid who ever went to school has "endured" sexual banter of one sort or another from fellow students.

By including students it undermines any data it has collected.

Nope. This is exactly the attitude that facilitated the drugging, trafficking and raping of thousands upon thousand of UK girls.
It’s interesting you continue to want them closed down and ignored.

I think you should look at what you’re saying and review it. Some of the questions were silly, but lefties consider a man saying a woman looks nice today to be verging on sexual abuse.

It’s not the children or teenagers who need to be ignored or shut down. That’s a lesson anyone who genuinely cares about kids and this issue should have learned by now, I’d have thought.

Child molesters go where the kids are.

Pretty much impossible to weed them out prior to them trying to molest some kid.

The big issue is whether the institutions a) take action against their employees who have been accused of sexual impropriety and b) whether they have the kind of atmosphere that doesn't encourage secrecy- but ensures that children understand that they should report any kind of improper advances by adults or fellow students.

Pretty much impossible to weed them out prior to them trying to molest some kid.

The big issue is whether the institutions a) take action against their employees who have been accused of sexual impropriety and b) whether they have the kind of atmosphere that doesn't encourage secrecy- but ensures that children understand that they should report any kind of improper advances by adults or fellow students.
That is spot on. I think that society as a whole has taken some time to catch up with the problem.

That is spot on. I think that society as a whole has taken some time to catch up with the problem.

Societies which encourage secrecy create a breeding ground for child molesters.

Societies which encourage secrecy create a breeding ground for child molesters.
That would pretty much be all of them .

The Catholic Church was silient and participated in a cover up.

Sex abuse can happen at school, at church, at day care, at home or any number of places.

The thing is don’t let your child become a victim, teach them when they are young to be confident, communicate to them to be open with you, answer all questions and work with them, engage with them.

Pedophiles look for potential victims, and those victims have behaviors the pedophiles look for, read up, get knowledge and make sure your child doesn’t have the traits and behaviors the perverts look for.

Forum List

Back