Sexless marriages thrust Japan to brink of demographic disaster

mom4 said:
But what about the father-child bond? Does being in a non-sexual relationship with the child's mother, while being in a sexual relationship with another woman affect the feelings a father has toward his child? From a man's point of view?

I would think that it would affect it in the fact that it would confuse the child but many men have good relationships with their kids inspite of a poor relationship with their wives. I doubt that the child knows the details of his fathers' sexual activities but it's a whole different culture as some have stated.

dilloduck said:
Anthropology 101 told me that it was mens' natural urge to sow as many wild oats wherever he could with the hopes that his efforts would ensure the survival of the species. Women on the other hand were to attract the strongest and best provider for their children so that she could ensure the safety and culturization of the offspring.

I have a different take on this, since I do not believe in the theory of evolution.

In Paradise, where mankind was originally created, there was no need for a man to protect or provide. There was no danger and no want. A man was free to use his energies on impressing his mate, thus fulfilling her need to feel special. She would in turn give him admiration, fulfilling his need to feel special. It was all ruined when they sinned and were cast out of Paradise.

My theory is that man's testosterone levels increased greatly, thereby increasing his competitiveness, necessary in order to provide for and protect the family unit. But it also increased his sex drive, and that coupled with the increase of selfishness (sin) in the world, are what motivate men to sow their wild oats.

Women, being physically weaker had to submit themselves to their husband's protection. God cursed Eve "Though your desire will be for your husband, he will be your master." (Genesis 3:16b) The complementary partnership that God intended the marital relationship to be was ruined. Much strife between man and woman is the natural desire to live out what they were intended for in a world where Paradise no longer exists.

dilloduck said:
it's a whole different culture as some have stated.

While that's probably true, I know several men who behave that way. Their wives are for one thing, and "women" are for another. Their children are very messed up too.

Said1 said:
While that's probably true, I know several men who behave that way. Their wives are for one thing, and "women" are for another. Their children are very messed up.

Oh ya---I've seen them here too. When parents aren't on pretty much the same page, it's always the kids who suffer the most. I do think however that bonding can be achieved with your children---even if the parents are divorced.

Said1 said:
While that's probably true, I know several men who behave that way. Their wives are for one thing, and "women" are for another. Their children are very messed up too.

Sounds a lot like my ex. :teeth: "I don't want a divorce, but I want to do..."

He managed to get a judge to demand a psychiatric evaluation for him, after responding, "I'll pay what I'm ordered to pay, but no more. What good have the kids done for me? They don't want to see me, spend time with me, they won't come to family gatherings which have caused me to be uncomfortable with family members..." The children were 6, 8, 9. They weren't doing 'anything' for him. :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
Oh ya---I've seen them here too. When parents aren't on pretty much the same page, it's always the kids who suffer the most. I do think however that bonding can be achieved with your children---even if the parents are divorced.

I think they can bond too. I should have been clearer, I meant their children are in really bad relationships, especially their daughters. Their sons of course act like them.

Said1 said:
I think they can bond too. I should have been clearer, I meant their children are in really bad relationships, especially their daughters. Their sons of course act like them.

Usually--- but I've seen some boys who detest their fathers for either real or implanted reasons.

dilloduck said:
LOLI already have but I can still try to warn others. Seems like we have a lot with that experience already here though

Yeah I think so! and I am paying now! :bangheads

Forum List

Back