Sexism Lives

You think that product's sexist, you should check out feminine hygine products: whole lines of products that men can't even use for their intended purposes! Outragous! And some stores have a whole aisle dedicated to them; where's the men's aisle, eh? And don't tell me "automotive;" women have cars too nowadays, you know.

Now if you'll excuse me, I want to finish reading this month's Maxim before going to buy some more Axe body spray and beard dye.

Oh, I thought you meant since you already drank Tab, you'd be caught at it sooner.

:eusa_think:

[scratching head]

This is one of those times where I can't tell if you're pretending to misunderstand or if it's genuine. The phrase "I'd sooner..." doesn't mean you actually do that thing. For example, "I'd sooner shove a broom handle up my own keester than admit I was wrong," said Shogun.

Im gonna roll a natural 20 on ya, mani..

I hope both of you goofy bastards are having a great week. Go find a veteran and shake their hand.

You think that product's sexist, you should check out feminine hygine products: whole lines of products that men can't even use for their intended purposes! Outragous! And some stores have a whole aisle dedicated to them; where's the men's aisle, eh? And don't tell me "automotive;" women have cars too nowadays, you know.

Are you being sarcastic, or did you think that I was accusing Go Girl of being sexist against men? I think that it's sexist against women. An herbal supplement to decrease appetite? Wow, because women didn't have body image problems enough already.

I do think that feminine hygiene products are sexist, but again, it's misogyny, not misandry. Some of them are literally harmful to the body (makeup that was recently found to have lead in it for example); women are also unfairly pressured into using them by our culture. We make fun of girls who don't wear makeup, think they're "bitches" for not spending two hours of their morning on their looks, think it's funny to objectify them, etc. You need merely walk onto a college campus to see and hear it.

:rolleyes:
I think your stance is sexist. THat women are so stupid that it's considered "unfair" to market towards them.....

Are you being sarcastic,

Yes.

or did you think that I was accusing Go Girl of being sexist against men? I think that it's sexist against women.

I, uh, wasn't thinking of that distinction. I'm kinda simple-minded; when I think "sexist" I think "discriminating or prejudging based on sex," period. So the "Go Girl" drink struck me a sexist just because it was targeted at exactly one sex, like the other products I mentioned in my tongue-in-cheek post, with my underlying point being that there's nothing unusual or really wrong with sex-specific products.

An herbal supplement to decrease appetite?

That did make me roll my eyes when I read it.

Wow, because women didn't have body image problems enough already.

I do think that feminine hygiene products are sexist, but again, it's misogyny, not misandry. Some of them are literally harmful to the body (makeup that was recently found to have lead in it for example); women are also unfairly pressured into using them by our culture. We make fun of girls who don't wear makeup, think they're "bitches" for not spending two hours of their morning on their looks, think it's funny to objectify them, etc. You need merely walk onto a college campus to see and hear it.

I see what you're getting at now.

*shrug* Yeah, it's silly, but that's culture for ya. Everyone's pressured to do certain things and fill certain roles based on sex, age, and to varying degrees social/economic status, in every human culture ever. Given how light-handed our particular culture is in enforcing these norms, I don't think this Go Girl drink is a slap in the face to women; it's not like anyone's facing violence or legal repremands for not going along with patterns that the drink's marketing points to, just some occasional social static.

But yeah, sexism lives. It's immortal.

:rolleyes:
I think your stance is sexist. THat women are so stupid that it's considered "unfair" to market towards them.....

You clearly don't make a distinction between "market" and "exert massive social pressure." Smart women who are well aware of the system that's going on still suffer from body image issues.

I see what you're getting at now.

*shrug* Yeah, it's silly, but that's culture for ya. Everyone's pressured to do certain things and fill certain roles based on sex, age, and to varying degrees social/economic status, in every human culture ever. Given how light-handed our particular culture is in enforcing these norms, I don't think this Go Girl drink is a slap in the face to women; it's not like anyone's facing violence or legal repremands for not going along with patterns that the drink's marketing points to, just some occasional social static.

But yeah, sexism lives. It's immortal.

Sounds like we don't disagree that much, then, heh.

And short man syndrome is evidence that we're sexist against men, too?

Sorry, I don't think it's "sexist" to market to separate sexes.

Some of the worst sexists I know actually are women, btw. I just don't think of it as an issue that there's pink herbal crap that suppresses appetite. Who cares?

All the leftist politics and propaganda in the world can't change the simple fact that normal people just don't like to look at ugly women.

Forum List

Back