Sexism in a subtle way

wrong, we don't condemn them, not condoning it is not the same thing

Condemn - tr.v
1. To express strong disapproval of.
2. To pronounce judgment against; sentence.
3. To judge or declare to be unfit for use or consumption, usually by official order.
4. To lend credence to or provide evidence for an adverse judgment against.

Condone - V
1.) To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.

condoning - definition of condoning by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Similar or related words: verb overlook, excuse, forgive, pardon, disregard, turn a blind eye to, wink at, look the other way, make allowance for, let pass << opposite condemn

So your not condoning it, your not forgiving it, not overlooking it, and you regard it as an offense with protest.

Condemn is to express strong disapproval and pronounce judgement against. Just like not condoning it because the opposite of condone is to make a protest and not overlooking or forgiving it.

Don't tell me that the English Language has a Liberal bias now too?

*Pulls the lever* The Right Wing Spin stops here.

YouTube - Obama says families 'off-limits'

He spoke out against it. What else do you want the guy to do? Go around shooting people who decide to speak their mind?

Also, do not even compare Joe Biden as a father to Sarah Palin as a mother. Joe Biden lost his first wife and his daughter. Yet he had the courage and stength to not only continue on but raised his two boys as a single father. Not only that but he continued to be in the senate, taking the train as mentioned above because he wanted to make a difference.

Barack Obama hit the nail on the head when it came to Joe Biden.

This is how the Republican cheerleader feels about teen pregancies:

YouTube - Obama on The Factor! Will Bill O'Reilly Attack?

Doublethink my friends, Sarah Palin isn't a widower and she has a husband to help raise her kids.

Again, if your going to try and spin that the Obama Campaign has "subtle sexism" then at least have some truth to back up. Just not opinion and BS.

And yet when Bush or McCain speak out against similar goings on, you leftoids insist it is just a ploy. Go figure.

And yet when Bush or McCain speak out against similar goings on, you leftoids insist it is just a ploy. Go figure.

You mean when they say families shouldn't be targeted in Political campaigns?

And feel free to help dive out in the post that's right above yours.

You mean when they say families shouldn't be targeted in Political campaigns?

And feel free to help dive out in the post that's right above yours.

In 2004 we all listened to you leftoids claim Bush was secretly behind the swiftboat vets and now we listen to you claim that McCain is behind any off color attack against Obama. No matter what he says. He condemned an add in North Carolina and ask it be removed and yet you all insisted he was just saying that for the press.

As usual a bunch of hypocrites, go ahead look that word up too.

This has nothing to do with gender, whether Todd Palin was the nominee or Sarah Palin was the nominee," Gutman said. "If my daughter had just come home at 17 years old and said, 'Mom, Dad, I'm pregnant, we have a family problem,' I wouldn't say, 'You know what we're going to do? We're going to take this private family problem...and you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to go on the international stage and broadcast this to the world.'"

Gutman continued, "this wasn't a working mother issue, this was a parent issue…The proper attack is not that a woman shouldn't run for vice president with five kids, it's that a parent, when they have a family in need, a Down's baby who needs them -- mother or father."

Political Punch

Obama....
Obviously, she's — a fine — mother and — up-and-coming public servant.
Ben Smith's Blog: Obama on Palin: "A fine mother and an up-and-coming public servant" - Politico.com

Instead, night after night, week after week, year after year, he returned home to Wilmington on a lonely Amtrak train when his Senate business was done. He raised his boys - first as a single dad, then alongside his wonderful wife Jill, who works as a teacher. He had a beautiful daughter. Now his children are grown and Joe is blessed with 5grandchildren. He instilled in them such a sense of public service that his son, Beau, who is now Delaware's Attorney General, is getting ready to deploy to Iraq. And he still takes that train back to Wilmington every night. Out of the heartbreak of that unspeakable accident, he did more than become a Senator - he raised a family. That is the measure of the man standing next to me. That is the character of Joe Biden.
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Remarks Introducing Joe Biden

Thanks Obama campaign for being such sexists, of course Obama wouldn't come out and question whether or not she could be a mother. But Obama instead leaves it up to surrogates to do the dirty work. Change that we can believe in------:cuckoo:

I don't understand. What in this is sexist?

Palin is the mother of 5 children, one with Down's syndrome. If Biden can do it so can Palin. The only motivation for suggesting that she couldn't would be solely based in sexism.

That's an interesting thought to consider.

I do know that Joe thought about stepping down when his wife was killed. That was actually what caught my attention about him. He talked about it with his dad, and his dad advised him that he should try the senate seat for six months, and then decide if it was the right thing or not.

That is sound advice, and the sort of advice that I would give anyone going through a situation like that. You don't want to make hasty decisions, it is hard on your mental and psychological state.

I would be interested to know if Sarah has any plans to see if it feels right, for her family, to reassess in six months time. i would love to know more about her and how she views this opportunity and her role in the government.

It doesn't boil down to sexism for me, but it is interesting to hold Biden and Palin's situations side by side and think about whether they compare or not.

Last edited:
In 2004 we all listened to you leftoids claim Bush was secretly behind the swiftboat vets and now we listen to you claim that McCain is behind any off color attack against Obama. No matter what he says. He condemned an add in North Carolina and ask it be removed and yet you all insisted he was just saying that for the press.

As usual a bunch of hypocrites, go ahead look that word up too.

Okay, so your answer is no, I'll avoid what you say and just focus on a single party line message. That would be your answer to me.

Don't you know the English Language supposedly has a Liberal Bias now?

:lol:

He condemned an add in North Carolina and ask it be removed ...

That was an honorable position on his part. I wish there was more of that sort of stuff from him.

I wish he had stuck to his guns and gone with Lieberman, who would be ready to step in on day one and has incredible foreign polcy experience.

That was an honorable position on his part. I wish there was more of that sort of stuff from him.

I wish he had stuck to his guns and gone with Lieberman, who would be ready to step in on day one and has incredible foreign polcy experience.

Except the GOP would of rioted. I agree that Lieberman is really a republican in independent sheep's clothing now a days.

I don't know if he would be qualified to be President of the United States. But he certainly would make a good Vice President to John McCain.

So he can end up doing more of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5trxPYpYNQ]YouTube - Lieberman Whispers to Correct McCain on Al Qaeda and Iran[/ame]

And look, I went and got a link from the least "leftist" news outlet for you right wingers. :D

The choice of Palin for VP also drove plenty of independents to the Democrats or to just stay home on Election Day.

Seems an appropriate place for this:

In Joe Biden, Obama revealed his core temperamental conservatism. It was a safe choice of someone deeply versed in foreign policy, and with roots that connected to the working class white ethnics he needed. It wasn't flashy; and was even a little underwhelming; but it was highly professional.

What we have learned about John McCain from his selection of Sarah Palin is that he is as impulsive and reckless a decision-maker as George W. Bush. We know this not because of what we have learned about this Pentecostalist populist since she exploded on the scene last Friday morning (and God knows we have learned more than we ever wanted). We know it because of how McCain made the decision. He wanted his best friend, Joe Lieberman, the former Democratic vice-presidential candidate for Al Gore. That pick would have been remarkable for its bipartisan nature, would have impressed independents, and signaled a centrist presidency centered on foreign policy. It would have been bold while not being rash.

The fright begins as John McCain reveals his reckless side | Andrew Sullivan - Times Online

I was rooting for liebermann.

and people like me would have voted 3rd party and others would have stayed home

that would have been a STUPID choice for McCain, and he knew it

Hey Dive, I'm still waiting for a response as to if the English Language has a Liberal Bias.

Because otherwise, I believe I'm right when I used the word condemn earlier.

Waiting for you to admit your wrong or for you to try and prove that the English Langauge is wrong. :)

Hey Dive, I'm still waiting for a response as to if the English Language has a Liberal Bias.

Because otherwise, I believe I'm right when I used the word condemn earlier.

Waiting for you to admit your wrong or for you to try and prove that the English Langauge is wrong. :)
nope, we dont condemn nor condone
you used a very strange online dictionary

condemn - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

condone - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

And you have a very strange grasp on the english language. I'll take the first definitions from those links for you.

Condemn:to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation

Condone: to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless.

So condemning, is to declare wrong or evil after weighing evidence and without reservation.

So condoning something is to regard or treat something that is evil as acceptable, forgivable, or not that bad.

You say the Republican Party does not condone (which they don't condone certain things). So the opposite of Condone is to treat or regard something as UNFORGIVABLE, UNACCEPTABLE, AND HARMFUL.

It's the same damn definition.

It's even used in this article below in the title.

manojkhatri.com Condone, Don't Condemn

Does the English Language have a Liberal Bias to you? Or are you ignoring certain parts of the English language that prove you wrong, like basic definitions, synonyms, and antonyms?

I realize I am comming into this debate somewhat on the back end, but honestly what the hell does a candidates kids have anything to do with their ability to lead? I never have said, well that Obama might not be a good president because it might take away from his time with daughter's. It's a totally assonine argument as is Sarah Palins daughter's issues. I could care less what her daughter does, she can be a stipper working in a truck stop for all I care, It's he mother thats running for office not the child. If people are going to say, "well her ability as a mother goes directly to her ability as a leader" then by all means let's have all the kids on the table. Let's talk about Obama's daughters missing hopscotch, or the other Palin kids pelting the kid with glasses with snowballs. Leave the kids out of it, Obama and Biden, rightly so I might add have said the same thing and the press should too.

I realize I am comming into this debate somewhat on the back end, but honestly what the hell does a candidates kids have anything to do with their ability to lead? I never have said, well that Obama might not be a good president because it might take away from his time with daughter's. It's a totally assonine argument as is Sarah Palins daughter's issues. I could care less what her daughter does, she can be a stipper working in a truck stop for all I care, It's he mother thats running for office not the child. If people are going to say, "well her ability as a mother goes directly to her ability as a leader" then by all means let's have all the kids on the table. Let's talk about Obama's daughters missing hopscotch, or the other Palin kids pelting the kid with glasses with snowballs. Leave the kids out of it, Obama and Biden, rightly so I might add have said the same thing and the press should too.

Welcome to the debate Navy, glad you could join us.

All great points, especially how Obama and Biden spoke out against this.

Though currently we're debating the English Language, feel free to jump in on that. :D :lol:

Forum List

Back