"Sexiness" Reconsidered

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
While listening to some old-people music over the weekend, it occurred to me that some female singers are (were) able to project a sexy personality solely through their voice.

Karen Carpenter being Exhibit A. I resisted finding out what she actually looked like for a long time because I knew there was no way she could be as beautiful in person as that voice made her in my mind. And of course she was something of a dog (may she rest in peace).

Olivia Newton-John had the same kind of voice-sexiness, but turned out to be just as beautiful and sexy in person as her voice made her sound.

What about facial sexiness? Jennifer Anniston has a face that could "launch a thousand ships," and she would be sexy as hell even if her body was merely OK. A lot of actresses and female singers have that same trait - sexy face, mediocre body, but still very sexy all in all.

And on the other hand, we have performers like Madonna and Miley Cyrus, who go to great lengths to try to be sexy, and fail, totally.

And to get right down to it, what is "sexy" about a perfect set of tata's or a great booty? Being great in bed is more about attitude than physical beauty or the shape of one's parts.

And do women understand that when a man says she looks "sexy," what he is really saying is that he would like the opportunity to copulate with her?

I never thought of singing voices as sexy (maybe the gravelly voices... like Bonnie Tyler.....?) But I'm not a guy, but I think that kind of singing is sexy. And a voice like Demi Moore. (I think Sheena Easton is sexier than ONJ)

Jennifer Anniston - meh - but most men like her, so, I will digress....

Madonna and Miley are just trying to be outrageous, not sexy. Skanky!

I think if a girl looks at a guy the "right" way, it's sexier than any of the above.... you don't have to say a word.

Tastes differ on what is sexy.

Speaking only for myself I find smart women sexy. If a women is a runway model but the lights aren't on I will give her pass for a plain looking librarian with brains.

But that is just what I find sexy. Your mileage may differ.

You may not like Lindsay Lohan, but this is the "look" I'm talking about............
upload_2015-8-7_10-43-17.jpeg

What about facial sexiness? Jennifer Anniston has a face that could "launch a thousand ships," and she would be sexy as hell even if her body was merely OK.
My brother thinks she's pretty too. I don't. She's about a 5 or 6. Her face isn't very feminine. It's harsh and angular, possibly as a result of botched plastic surgery and/or a poor diet.

Halle Berry has never been "sexy" to me. I mean, she's hot and all but something is missing that stops her from reaching the level of "Sexy"...hard to explain

What about facial sexiness? Jennifer Anniston has a face that could "launch a thousand ships," and she would be sexy as hell even if her body was merely OK.
My brother thinks she's pretty too. I don't. She's about a 5 or 6. Her face isn't very feminine. It's harsh and angular, possibly as a result of botched plastic surgery and/or a poor diet.

Horseface

While listening to some old-people music over the weekend, it occurred to me that some female singers are (were) able to project a sexy personality solely through their voice.

Karen Carpenter being Exhibit A. I resisted finding out what she actually looked like for a long time because I knew there was no way she could be as beautiful in person as that voice made her in my mind. And of course she was something of a dog (may she rest in peace).

Olivia Newton-John had the same kind of voice-sexiness, but turned out to be just as beautiful and sexy in person as her voice made her sound.

What about facial sexiness? Jennifer Anniston has a face that could "launch a thousand ships," and she would be sexy as hell even if her body was merely OK. A lot of actresses and female singers have that same trait - sexy face, mediocre body, but still very sexy all in all.

And on the other hand, we have performers like Madonna and Miley Cyrus, who go to great lengths to try to be sexy, and fail, totally.

And to get right down to it, what is "sexy" about a perfect set of tata's or a great booty? Being great in bed is more about attitude than physical beauty or the shape of one's parts.

And do women understand that when a man says she looks "sexy," what he is really saying is that he would like the opportunity to copulate with her?
Sexy died decades ago:

If I got to choose my own face, I'd go for something like this:

My husband thinks Gretchen Wilson has that sound and look. I have a different opinion. He says she sounds and looks approachable. I found it an interesting observation because before she made music she was a barmaid. In telling him that he said yeah that's what I mean! If I seen in a bar she would be someone most men would approach. My response was yeah because she has just enough look of ugly and cheap on her.
gretchen-wilson-48th-annual-cma-awards-01.jpg

My husband thinks Gretchen Wilson has that sound and look. I have a different opinion. He says she sounds and looks approachable. I found it an interesting observation because before she made music she was a barmaid. In telling him that he said yeah that's what I mean! If I seen in a bar she would be someone most men would approach. My response was yeah because she has just enough look of ugly and cheap on her.
'

She's put on some weight!

Look a little rough................

Racist!
Chunkies don't do a thing for me.

Racist!
Chunkies don't do a thing for me.

... I'm getting the feeling you don't want me to leave you alone.........

Halle Berry has never been "sexy" to me. I mean, she's hot and all but something is missing that stops her from reaching the level of "Sexy"...hard to explain

Especially in Monsters Ball WOW!

Monsters ball is the exception...she was pretty hawt getting rammed like that with a touch of crazy

Hot! That stupid spelling otherwise if for sheep like morons............
And here I thought you were hawt........Guess not....

Forum List

Back