Sexily Dressed Minors and Rape

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles.
Wrong. ALL children are targets for predators.

Yes. My daughter always said I was over protective but knowing they're out there looking for kids, you need to keep your eye on them.

As for sexy dressing teens, let them dress how they want but follow them around, they'll soon stop the sexy dressing.

Kids look cuter in age appropriate clothes anyway.

The attitude of some men, when they say its ok to harass or put their hands on a woman because she is dressed a certain way, disgusts me. I don't care if a woman is wearing nothing but dental floss and stripper heels, doesn't mean you can put your hands on her if she refuses.

But what if she doesnt refuse and you didnt know she was 17?

I agree. A minor cannot "consent". But on the other hand...the person having sexual relations with a minor thinking she is adult due to where she hangs out, what TIME she hangs out, no guardian or parent around at any time so there is no clue except to ask for a drivers licence or form of identification (and what guy 15 and up is going to go that route? They are kids too)there is no way to tell except by what the eyes tell them. And the hormones raging.
Doesn't matter. The onus is on the adult. No matter the circumstances.
What about the guy that is 16 or 17 having sex with a gal that just gave him a BJ to get him going, then a cop busts them and its discovered the girl is 12?She gets grounded..maybe. HE gets to be a pervert the rest of his life.
That's case by case... If they are both minors and treated as such, the police turn them over to the parents. Usually if they decide to treat the 17 year old as an adult, it's because the girls' parents are pushing for statutory rape charges. It depends on what the laws are in the locality where this hypothetical happens.

Which one of the following 'deserves' to be raped?

chubby-slut-police.jpg

slut6.jpg

imgres

Bday+slut.bmp

alg_dancing_kids1.jpg

NONE. Point is even if you're nearly naked no one deserves to be raped.

As for the 'why are parents so dumb?' Too many drugs in their youth combined with a desire to 'be best buds' with their kids and to live vicariously through them as they realize that yes, they (the parents) are getting old(er).

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles.

Yes. My daughter always said I was over protective but knowing they're out there looking for kids, you need to keep your eye on them.

As for sexy dressing teens, let them dress how they want but follow them around, they'll soon stop the sexy dressing.

On another path of this topic of dress and what it can, or cannot project sexual attention can also be applied to much older women as well. Like a 60 Plus woman wearing bows in her hair, mini skirts, low cut tops. Cher looks fabu. So does Raquel Welch. But not all women look like that. Just as all children do not look like the Ramsey girl.

The attitude of some men, when they say its ok to harass or put their hands on a woman because she is dressed a certain way, disgusts me. I don't care if a woman is wearing nothing but dental floss and stripper heels, doesn't mean you can put your hands on her if she refuses.

You know......when I was a sophmore in High School, a new family moved to our town and was going to the same church I got dragged to.

Her name was Jeri, and she stood about 5'8, had a 38 D chest and looked fine as hell. I walked over and started talking to her, and we kinda dug each other. I then asked her if she'd like to go to a movie sometime, and she said sure, but it would have to be a matinee.

When I asked why, she then stated she was 12. So......I backed away slowly and didn't talk to her much after that.

Yeah..........sometimes kids CAN look like adults. Shit.....I thought she was a Junior!

On another path of this topic of dress and what it can, or cannot project sexual attention can also be applied to much older women as well. Like a 60 Plus woman wearing bows in her hair, mini skirts, low cut tops. Cher looks fabu. So does Raquel Welch. But not all women look like that. Just as all children do not look like the Ramsey girl.

Cher looks trash, imo. Raquel? Classy.

The problem with the young kids dressy like trailer trash is that the parents never learned to say no to them. True story.

You know......when I was a sophmore in High School, a new family moved to our town and was going to the same church I got dragged to.

Her name was Jeri, and she stood about 5'8, had a 38 D chest and looked fine as hell. I walked over and started talking to her, and we kinda dug each other. I then asked her if she'd like to go to a movie sometime, and she said sure, but it would have to be a matinee.

When I asked why, she then stated she was 12. So......I backed away slowly and didn't talk to her much after that.

Yeah..........sometimes kids CAN look like adults. Shit.....I thought she was a Junior!

Youre lucky she told you the truth to her age. What if you both "dug" each other enough to have sex and you just turned 18? For the rest of your life, you would have to register as a sex offender.

Is an 18 year old boy a sex offender if he and his girlfriend have sex and she is 17?

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles. So yeah, the parents DO bear some responsibility.

By the way........creating a body image that requires the girl be "sexy" before she even hits puberty sends the child a very wrong body image, as well as puts them at risk for engaging in sexual behavior before they are adults.

I owe you a green rep thingie. Hell, I owe many here some.
Its a tough subject.

Should child beauty pageants be against the law? After all...the child is a minor, so how can the child give consent to parade her body around in sexually charged apparel and hair/makeup that is in sexual content.

Is an 18 year old boy a sex offender if he and his girlfriend have sex and she is 17?
Answered already:
Midnight Marauder said:
That's case by case... If they are both minors and treated as such, the police turn them over to the parents. Usually if they decide to treat the 17 year old as an adult, it's because the girls' parents are pushing for statutory rape charges. It depends on what the laws are in the locality where this hypothetical happens.
And if the male is 18 and the girl 17, few prosecutors will touch it unless the parents are adamant. Again, it depends on the law in the locality it happens. In most states, they are both of legal age at 17.

Rape can not be justified.
Rapists, pedophiles and all sex criminals need to be shot on site.

Conventional wisdom says that "NO" means "NO". That is pretty easy to comprehend and understand. However, there is also such a thing as common sense. Parents need to dress their kids age appropriate and always know where there are, with whom, and what they are up to. Anything else, in my opinion, is child abuse. While "kids will be kids" does have a ring of trueness to it, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In most cases, children do what they have been taught to do either implied or by following examples. Modern day television and movies, the music we listen to on the radio or on CD's, and what we read in magazines doesn't do much to instill good values. We live in a "feel good" time. If it feels good, then it must be ok to do. Life was much simpler in days past but unfortunately, times and people change.

A few years back, that DID come up. Seems some dude in HS was having sex with his girlfriend (she was 16 and a sophmore) and he'd just turned 18 a short time before.

However.......this is what I learned from that incident. If you are going to HS, and you are enrolled, getting ready to graduate, you should be exempt until AFTER you graduate.

Why? Because otherwise, if you turn 18 midway through your Senior year, that would effectively mean that you now have to be celibate, as well as can't date any of your classmates.

Problem solved.

Statutory rape laws are oppressive. The criteria should involve the age differences of the participants, not absolute ages. That way, we don't have these silly scenarios where couples suddenly have to be celibate once one of them turns 18, nor do we have incidents of 18 year-olds having their lives ruined over a relatively innocent high school romance.

Statutory rape laws are oppressive. The criteria should involve the age differences of the participants, not absolute ages. That way, we don't have these silly scenarios where couples suddenly have to be celibate once one of them turns 18, nor do we have incidents of 18 year-olds having their lives ruined over a relatively innocent high school romance.

So........what's your view of cougars and 18 year old boys?

Wanna talk about Anna Nicole Smith and her sugar daddy?

As I said, statutory rape should only be invoked if the age differences are large enough to warrant them. Two 17 year-olds a month apart in age can freely have sex, but as soon as the slightly older one turns 18, he or she becomes a criminal? That wasn't well thought out at all.

In addition, if the boy is 18, well, guess what ...

As I said, statutory rape should only be invoked if the age differences are large enough to warrant them. Two 17 year-olds a month apart in age can freely have sex, but as soon as the slightly older one turns 18, he or she becomes a criminal? That wasn't well thought out at all.

In addition, if the boy is 18, well, guess what ...

So, a 20 year old hottie shacking up with a 75 year old man is okay, or do they both need to be put in jail?

Forum List

Back