Sexily Dressed Minors and Rape

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
This topic could be a volatile one and I hope it doesnt transgress to that. Id really like to get input on your thoughts about this because frankly..it bugs me. But there are so many different what ifs and how comes and why dids...the whole topic could go in any direction. So I will try to focus on one aspect of the many paths it could take and that topic follows Echo Zulus thread about padded bras in bikinis for 8 year olds.

Recently, there was a story of rape about a girl that was I think 11. Or she could have been 14 or even 8. I forget. However, the stories going around by the press was this girl dressed like she was in her 20's, very risque, and hung around guys older than herself. And she was raped.
Now here is where the slippery slope comes in. Rape is WRONG if the woman (girl) says NO. Doesnt matter the age..NO means NO. However, what if it was concentual? Kids are raised nowadays by parents who are unlike Echo and the other ladies in that thread. Parents actually BUY clothing that enhance over developed or even underdeveloped childrens bodies, dont pay attention WHO they hang out with or WHERE their children are at night, etc.
Now I ask you....what parent has an 11 year old, dressed like a pole dance, hanging out at night at a park with a bunch of guys and has no clue? Then when the girl is caught in a sexual act she said it was rape? And what if it was rape? No, it is not the girls fault. Its the PARENTS who didnt know where she was, who she was with, and BOUGHT the clothing she was wearing that practically had a sign on her that said "do me".
WHY are the parents so damn clueless?

Your thoughts on this?

However, what if it was concentual?
By law and by definition, underage cannot legally give consent. Even if it's alleged and even agreed that it did, it still didn't in the eyes of the law.

"He/She gave consent" and "look how he/she was dressed and how they were acting" and "He/she asked for it" are standard blame the victim stuff, that never flies in court when it comes to underage victims.

Little kids should not be dressed as sex toys. That is an issue with their parents.

Little kids should not be used as sex toys. That is a felony. And Supreme Court to the contrary, should be a capital felony.

This topic could be a volatile one and I hope it doesnt transgress to that. Id really like to get input on your thoughts about this because frankly..it bugs me. But there are so many different what ifs and how comes and why dids...the whole topic could go in any direction. So I will try to focus on one aspect of the many paths it could take and that topic follows Echo Zulus thread about padded bras in bikinis for 8 year olds.

Recently, there was a story of rape about a girl that was I think 11. Or she could have been 14 or even 8. I forget. However, the stories going around by the press was this girl dressed like she was in her 20's, very risque, and hung around guys older than herself. And she was raped.
Now here is where the slippery slope comes in. Rape is WRONG if the woman (girl) says NO. Doesnt matter the age..NO means NO. However, what if it was concentual? Kids are raised nowadays by parents who are unlike Echo and the other ladies in that thread. Parents actually BUY clothing that enhance over developed or even underdeveloped childrens bodies, dont pay attention WHO they hang out with or WHERE their children are at night, etc.
Now I ask you....what parent has an 11 year old, dressed like a pole dance, hanging out at night at a park with a bunch of guys and has no clue? Then when the girl is caught in a sexual act she said it was rape? And what if it was rape? No, it is not the girls fault. Its the PARENTS who didnt know where she was, who she was with, and BOUGHT the clothing she was wearing that practically had a sign on her that said "do me".

Your thoughts on this?

the parent has ZERO, zilch, nada responsibility.

The responsibility is the rapist's. NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU VICTIMIZE ANOTHER PERSON.

and here i thought we were beyond that type of stuff. sad.

The attitude of some men, when they say its ok to harass or put their hands on a woman because she is dressed a certain way, disgusts me. I don't care if a woman is wearing nothing but dental floss and stripper heels, doesn't mean you can put your hands on her if she refuses.

By law and by definition, underage cannot legally give consent. Even if it's alleged and even agreed that it did, it still didn't in the eyes of the law.

"He/She gave consent" and "look how he/she was dressed and how they were acting" and "He/she asked for it" are standard blame the victim stuff, that never flies in court when it comes to underage victims.

Exactly - and for good reason.
A 12 year old girl is not yet mentally capable of understanding sexuality...not even close. Therefore they should not be sexualized by clothing, there should be a distinct difference in clothing for all children until that are at a minimum of 16-17 years old.
It is terrible that stores sell clothing that is revealing/tight fitting and/or cut to enhance curves. And it is deplorable that parents allow them to wear them!!
I guarantee that every guy on this forum has felt a little pervy at looking at a "woman" at a distance in that way - only to see that it is a pre-teen when she came closer. That feeling of perviness...quickly turns to anger towards the idiot Mother that is walking with her. (Sorry gals, I have only on one occasions saw this when a Father was present).

Your thoughts on this?

The responsibility is the rapist's. NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU VICTIMIZE ANOTHER PERSON.

You know Jillian, I'd agree with you, except I saw this article on the news this morning.....

msnbc.com Video Player

It's about Abercrombie and Fitch, and their marketing of a push up padded bra on bikinis made for girls age 7 to 12 years old.

A 12 year old girl is not yet mentally capable of understanding sexuality...not even close. Therefore they should not be sexualized by clothing, there should be a distinct difference in clothing for all children until that are at a minimum of 16-17 years old.
It is terrible that stores sell clothing that is revealing/tight fitting and/or cut to enhance curves. And it is deplorable that parents allow them to wear them!!
I guarantee that every guy on this forum has felt a little pervy at looking at a "woman" at a distance in that way - only to see that it is a pre-teen when she came closer. That feeling of perviness...quickly turns to anger towards the idiot Mother that is walking with her. (Sorry gals, I have only on one occasions saw this when a Father was present).

you seem to be missing the point. the point is that it doesn't matter what clothes she puts on ... no one has the right to touch her.

Your thoughts on this?

You know Jillian, I'd agree with you, except I saw this article on the news this morning.....

msnbc.com Video Player

It's about Abercrombie and Fitch, and their marketing of a push up padded bra on bikinis made for girls age 7 to 12 years old.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/161094-padded-bikini-bras-for-8-year-old-girls-wtf.html

This thread is an offshoot of that one. As it states in the OP.

Your thoughts on this?

msnbc.com Video Player

and if i had a daughter i would never allow her to wear that.

which still wouldn't excuse someone victimizing a girl who did wear it.

you seem to be missing the point. the point is that it doesn't matter what clothes she puts on ... no one has the right to touch her.

No...not sure where you think I missed the point.
No one has the right to touch any minor girl - even other minor boys.
But that is not the only point - one that you missed?
It is true no one has the right - however it is equally wrong for parents to allow their daughters to dress in a sexually charged way...downright dangerous. No adult who has sex with a minor gives a flying doughnut about his victims rights.

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles. So yeah, the parents DO bear some responsibility.

By the way........creating a body image that requires the girl be "sexy" before she even hits puberty sends the child a very wrong body image, as well as puts them at risk for engaging in sexual behavior before they are adults.

Rape isn't about sex anyway, it's about holding power over another human being. The rapist needs to feel that power, doesn't matter how she/he dresses.

Sometimes rapists like to rape mother or even grandmother figures. How does that relate to dressing sexy?

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles.
Wrong. ALL children are targets for predators.

Yeah.....but the pedophile is gonna go after the one he perceives as "sexy", i.e. revealing clothing with a push up bra.

I mean........face it........if push comes to shove and they can only get one, they're gonna go after the perceived "sexier" one.

No. And parents allowing that kind of behavior make their a child a target for pedophiles.

Yes and no.
How about parents like this make an inviting target for pedophiles.
In criminal psychology you are taught - "people covet what they see".
If someone has the sexual desire for a pre-pubescent girl - he will certainly notice and seek to notice more a girl dressed in a way that he sees excuses his behavior, and the more he seeks her, the more he will covet her.

Yeah.....but the pedophile is gonna go after the one he perceives as "sexy", i.e. revealing clothing with a push up bra.

I mean........face it........if push comes to shove and they can only get one, they're gonna go after the perceived "sexier" one.
Wrong. It's not about sex and never was. It is about power and control. Predators typically have a "model" they go after, in their M.O. This is true of all predators, be they adult rapists, serial killers, or child predators. If the victim fits the model, that's the preferred target, every time.

I agree. A minor cannot "consent". But on the other hand...the person having sexual relations with a minor thinking she is adult due to where she hangs out, what TIME she hangs out, no guardian or parent around at any time so there is no clue except to ask for a drivers licence or form of identification (and what guy 15 and up is going to go that route? They are kids too)there is no way to tell except by what the eyes tell them. And the hormones raging. What about the guy that is 16 or 17 having sex with a gal that just gave him a BJ to get him going, then a cop busts them and its discovered the girl is 12?She gets grounded..maybe. HE gets to be a pervert the rest of his life.

Forum List

Back