Sex: Why slower (and older) may be better

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Recently, my very own mother discovered romance anew and is having what can only be described as a love affair.

Her last boyfriend passed away a couple of years ago, so I’m happy for her in all her giddiness. And while nobody likes to think about their parents having sex, I can’t help but wonder if her sex life is now better than mine.

As a busy dad of two young sons, I have to admit that it’s hard to keep sex high on the list of priorities: My wife and I will often opt to hit the hay rather than tumble in it.

Does sex get better with age? According to a study in the November 2008 issue of Psychological Science, marital satisfaction may improve once the kids have left the nest. In fact, many of my colleagues in the world of sex therapy attest that empty nesters tend to have more disposable income and more opportunity to enjoy quality time with their partner, including sex.

Sex: Why slower (and older) may be better – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

Recently, my very own mother discovered romance anew and is having what can only be described as a love affair.

Her last boyfriend passed away a couple of years ago, so I’m happy for her in all her giddiness. And while nobody likes to think about their parents having sex, I can’t help but wonder if her sex life is now better than mine.

As a busy dad of two young sons, I have to admit that it’s hard to keep sex high on the list of priorities: My wife and I will often opt to hit the hay rather than tumble in it.

Does sex get better with age? According to a study in the November 2008 issue of Psychological Science, marital satisfaction may improve once the kids have left the nest. In fact, many of my colleagues in the world of sex therapy attest that empty nesters tend to have more disposable income and more opportunity to enjoy quality time with their partner, including sex.

While nobody likes to think about their parents having sex, you can’t help but wonder if your mother's sex life is now better than yours.

:eusa_hand:

Guess what: I CAN "help but wonder" about that shit.

There are undeniably some benefits to getting older. I know a number of men in their twenties who pretty much exclusively date older women because they say they like the maturity, the difference in attitude, and the fact that they've gotten over so many of the inhibitions that plague younger women.

• Banned

There are undeniably some benefits to getting older. I know a number of men in their twenties who pretty much exclusively date older women because they say they like the maturity, the difference in attitude, and the fact that they've gotten over so many of the inhibitions that plague younger women.

I was reading an article the other day about how women learn the "art" of the multipule orgasm as they get older. For the same reason you stated....they are more comfortable with their bodies and will express what makes them feel good.

"As a busy dad of two young sons,.."

Well now I'm confused...

Last edited:
According to my wife, slow sex is WONDERFUL. She says the slower the better cause it helps her get through an entire chapter in the book she reads when we are making love.

I was reading an article the other day about how women learn the "art" of the multipule orgasm as they get older. For the same reason you stated....they are more comfortable with their bodies and will express what makes them feel good.

Very true. Hopefully, by the time a woman has reached forty, she's gotten over the belief that she needs to be a size 0 swimsuit model and is comfortable in her own skin.

And as for the men. I thought this was interesting. As we age arousal takes a little longer...which means both partners are participating in foreplay longer. Which actually gives more time to make a sexual connection. Men are actually enjoying the tender side of sex more as a result.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back