"Sex (Toys) in the Ancient World"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
The Long Strange History of Sex Toys Alternet

"Physical representations of the phallus have been around for almost as long as there have been penises. Whether for fashion, decor, worship, or for fun,dildos are a part of human history. So let's take a look at the long, strange trip dildos have taken.

In the Beginning ...

The first known dildo recovered by paleontologists dates to the Paleolithic era. Made of siltstone and polished to a high gloss, the debate rages on about whether its primary purpose was for religious ritual or personal pleasure. To my mind, this debate has more to do with puritanical paleontologists who can't conceive of a society where religion and sexuality commingle. The fact remains that dildos made of carved stone or bone were widely discovered among normal personal artifacts like combs and sewing needles. I imagine this eventually led to the invention of nightstands, and nightstand drawers."

goes on, at great length (hehe)

The Long Strange History of Sex Toys Alternet

"Physical representations of the phallus have been around for almost as long as there have been penises. Whether for fashion, decor, worship, or for fun,dildos are a part of human history. So let's take a look at the long, strange trip dildos have taken.

In the Beginning ...

The first known dildo recovered by paleontologists dates to the Paleolithic era. Made of siltstone and polished to a high gloss, the debate rages on about whether its primary purpose was for religious ritual or personal pleasure. To my mind, this debate has more to do with puritanical paleontologists who can't conceive of a society where religion and sexuality commingle. The fact remains that dildos made of carved stone or bone were widely discovered among normal personal artifacts like combs and sewing needles. I imagine this eventually led to the invention of nightstands, and nightstand drawers."

goes on, at great length (hehe)

I was a very young kid when I first read about allusions to dildos -------I read something like----"the women in the harem inserted figures of men (or something like that) and I thought that they were fiddling around with themselves using little statues of males------I was very young

clinton.png

Ancient sex toys?

At age 70 I think I would have to be at the top of the list.

Forum List

Back