Sex? Education?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
If it weren't for the money, I really don't think I'd want to teach in public schools...They don't seem to understand the word, 'abstinence' :coffee3:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/112205/rocknew212622_31896.shtml

Parents slam schools for sex ed material
Definition of abstinence undergoes review
Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005

The county school system is re-thinking its definition of sexual abstinence after complaints from two parents that their children were receiving incorrect and even risky information in sex ed classes.

Karen Sees and Cindy Richards said the ‘‘contraception comparison chart” used in eighth-grade health class at Herbert Hoover Middle School describes three types of abstinence: No intercourse, withdrawal (ejaculation outside of the body) and rhythm (no intercourse during ovulation). :shocked: ...

...‘‘I’m all for teaching sex education, but I want it to be accurate information,” she said. ‘‘I was told by my son’s health teacher that withdrawal and rhythm are considered abstinence because [sexual partners] are refraining from what they want to do.”

Both Planned Parenthood of Maryland and the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington agreed with the parents that the definition was faulty.

...‘‘I’m all for teaching sex education, but I want it to be accurate information,” she said. ‘‘I was told by my son’s health teacher that withdrawal and rhythm are considered abstinence because [sexual partners] are refraining from what they want to do.”
no shit? for real? then i aint had as much sex as i had previously thought! and here i was thinking as long as i was balls deep i was having sex... silly me

Well if this is the definition the left is using of abstinence no wonder they think it doesn't work.

Forum List

Back