Sex Education and the American Teenager

You can fix pregnancy...you cant fix aids or herpes .

Very true!! This seconds my notion to show the the little teenagers infected real genitalia. Scare the little bastards and they will wear condoms. :D

A little real life never hurt anyone. If you want to fix teen pregnancy...let them know they will not get one cent or any help from the government. No free ride. Watch how fast the problem clears up.
I don't think teens are thinking about how much they can weasel out of the government when they go to have unprotected sex. That will far from curb the issue. Plus, even less mothers wouldn't receive vital pre-natal care without government insurance plans since the cost is too high. Which in turn results with more premature births and higher infant mortality rate.

The threat of having no benefits will not help the problem, but create a domino effect of others.

Very true!! This seconds my notion to show the the little teenagers infected real genitalia. Scare the little bastards and they will wear condoms. :D

A little real life never hurt anyone. If you want to fix teen pregnancy...let them know they will not get one cent or any help from the government. No free ride. Watch how fast the problem clears up.
I don't think teens are thinking about how much they can weasel out of the government when they go to have unprotected sex. That will far from curb the issue. Plus, even less mothers wouldn't receive vital pre-natal care without government insurance plans since the cost is too high. Which in turn results with more premature births and higher infant mortality rate.

The threat of having no benefits will not help the problem, but create a domino effect of others.

I would have no issue with a high mortality rate for unwanted babies, considering i am pro abortion for all teens.

No, i think they all know that if they have a baby they will be taken care of. I understand that in the moment that is not what they are thinking about...but after they find out they are pregnant they do.

Ultimately it has to come down to individual responsibility. (Which is why education is so important. You can't be responsible without being informed.)

To the main point, however, if a man and a woman of any age are both fertile but aren't prepared to deal with 9 months of pregnancy - they shouldn't fuck. Why that concept is so tough for so many people is a mystery to me.

Why yes, to hormone-driven-know-it-all teenagers the concept is an arduous undertaking. You are spot on in saying "You can't be responsible without being informed." However, many of these kids are ill or mis-informed. It IS about personal responsibility, but how can we pass that on if we as parents or adults are being irresponsible with our obligations to these children?

That implies the adults themselves are ill-informed or misinformed. In many cases, that's probably true.

Even so, the desire to have sex is still just an impulse. Most of us are taught to control our impulses at an early age, or we end up dead, in prison, or addicted to something. If you can't control your impulses, there's no amount of education that can help you.

We are obligated to teach children responsibility and impulse control. If we do not give them the necessary tools to make these decisions we are at fault.

You can fix pregnancy...you cant fix aids or herpes .

Can't get welfare until you are 18.;)

Why should the schools be responsible for teaching teens about sex?

Hasn't the teen pregnancy rate dropped?

Forum List

Back