Sex abuse victim sues the Pope

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin – Terry Kohut has kept a dark secret for nearly 50 years. Now he is breaking his silence, becoming a key figure in the sex-abuse crisis in the Catholic Church and the growing controversy over what Pope Benedict XVI did about it.

When Kohut was barely a teen, and for years afterward, he says, he was sexually molested and assaulted by the headmaster and priest of the school where he lived, St. John’s School for the Deaf, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. What occurred there is one of the most notorious cases of sex abuse in the Catholic Church.

Kohut was not alone. From 1950 to 1974 the headmaster of St. Johns, Father Lawrence C. Murphy, raped and molested as many as 200 deaf boys, according to court and church documents.

Kohut has now filed the first sex-abuse lawsuit against the Vatican actually naming Pope Benedict, previously known as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, as a defendant.

Deaf victim of sex abuse is suing pope, and going public with his story for the first time – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin – Terry Kohut has kept a dark secret for nearly 50 years. Now he is breaking his silence, becoming a key figure in the sex-abuse crisis in the Catholic Church and the growing controversy over what Pope Benedict XVI did about it.

When Kohut was barely a teen, and for years afterward, he says, he was sexually molested and assaulted by the headmaster and priest of the school where he lived, St. John’s School for the Deaf, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. What occurred there is one of the most notorious cases of sex abuse in the Catholic Church.

Kohut was not alone. From 1950 to 1974 the headmaster of St. Johns, Father Lawrence C. Murphy, raped and molested as many as 200 deaf boys, according to court and church documents.

Kohut has now filed the first sex-abuse lawsuit against the Vatican actually naming Pope Benedict, previously known as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, as a defendant.

Deaf victim of sex abuse is suing pope, and going public with his story for the first time – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Typical leftwing pussy shit. "Let's sue". Wah. Grow some balls and say no.

you are such a dumbass. how you are able to even run a board amazes me. I hope he sues and wins and then criminal charges are filed against the pope for his role in covering up the rape of hundreds of boys

you are such a dumbass. how you are able to even run a board amazes me. I hope he sues and wins and then criminal charges are filed against the pope for his role in covering up the rape of hundreds of boys

Hundreds? I think your count is very low.

Please excuse Gummy, he's upset because his knuckles are bloody from all the dragging.

It is time that the Catholic Church was held accountable for their complicity in the rape of deaf children.

It is time that the Catholic Church was held accountable for their complicity in the rape of deaf children.

the whole church should be shut down and Vatican city firebombed for being the most destructive force in the history of the world. after the city is taken over, all of the bishops and so on involved should be tortured and then fed to lions

imagine the abilities that science would have if catholics didn't spend a thousand years killing everyone who question the bible as literal truth

Lawsuits are a piss-poor substitute for true justice: arrest, conviction and prison terms for all involved. Someone should light up the DA's office for this county.

And yes, I know the statute of limitations on sex abuse may have run. But the SOL on conspiracy doesn't begin to run until the conspiracy ends.

Lawsuits are a piss-poor substitute for true justice: arrest, conviction and prison terms for all involved. Someone should light up the DA's office for this county.

And yes, I know the statute of limitations on sex abuse may have run. But the SOL on conspiracy doesn't begin to run until the conspiracy ends.

The church wouldn't care much if you jail their clergy, the vatican does care when you take their money.

The church wouldn't care much if you jail their clergy, the vatican does care when you take their money.

I'm saying nab the whole shooting match, including Ratzinger. I keep waiting for a DA in the US to grow a pair.

I'm saying nab the whole shooting match, including Ratzinger. I keep waiting for a DA in the US to grow a pair.

I am saying gut them both in civil court and criminal court.

I am thinking a little pay back along the lines of the inquisition is in order.

I am saying gut them both in civil court and criminal court.

I am thinking a little pay back along the lines of the inquisition is in order.

I hear ya, sista. I'm blown away by people who claim to be "law and order types" and yet turn themselves into human pretzels trying to excuse the evils of the RCC.

you guys are fucked up. Ever hear of the statue of limitations? You kept quiet for 50 years ? Too bad, should have spoken out sooner or kept quiet forever.

Inquisition payback? Fucking loon

Punish those who are breaking laws in this country , you bet. But unless you can prove a conspiracy by the Vatican, and hint you can't, forget getting their money.

Gunny are you just trying to troll or do you honestly believe that someone who sues over being molested is a wussy?

And you really think saying no would've worked?

Yes Johnny say no to your principal I'm sure he wouldn't do something bad in retaliation for disobeying him, never mind that he's also raped kids.

the whole church should be shut down and Vatican city firebombed for being the most destructive force in the history of the world. after the city is taken over, all of the bishops and so on involved should be tortured and then fed to lions

imagine the abilities that science would have if catholics didn't spend a thousand years killing everyone who question the bible as literal truth

Woah chill down there skippy the Vatican shouldn't be fired bombed. I mean there is some nice artowork over there.

Woah chill down there skippy the Vatican shouldn't be fired bombed. I mean there is some nice artowork over there.

blu is nuts, he wants to exterminate Christians and shoot cops in the head.

Moron.

:rolleyes:

Just another doucher who thinks he's gonna cash in. You keep your trap shut for 50 years then you get no sympathy from me.

Forum List

Back