Sex abuse accused father fights back

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Sex abuse accused father fights back | News.com.au

A DAD cleared of claims he sexually abused his kids is now hitting back at his ex wife.

The man is accusing his ex-wife of perjury, assault and threatening to kill.

The legal action, believed to be a first for Victoria, will set a controversial precedent and could open the floodgates to similar cases.

"Bill", whose identity cannot be revealed for legal reasons, is alleging his wife deliberately lied when she made allegations that he had sexually abused their children.

The case stems from a criminal trial during which Bill spent two years fighting charges based on his wife's allegations.

He was eventually acquitted, but the ordeal cost him his job, his home and about $450,000 in lost income and legal costs. The case is also based on similar accusations of sexual abuse of their children made by the ex-wife during a bitter Family Court battle.

The Family Court judge found Bill's ex-wife to be violent, untruthful, lacking moral values and responsible for the psychological and emotional abuse of her children - but still gave her custody of the two girls, now aged 9 and 11, because they had become estranged from their father.

Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show about 2.5 million Australians are denied access to family because of family law proceedings, and about 680,000 fathers see their children as little as once a year.

ABS figures also show 700,000 children have no meaningful contact with one of their non-custodial parents - mostly fathers.

"I proved my own innocence and that she had lied on both occasions - in the criminal trial and in the Family Court matter.

"My life with my kids was destroyed. If people can lie in court and hurt others by their utterances and statements, what is the point of the law?"

If the charges are true, throw her ass in jail.

Your thoughts USMB?

How can anyone take her side on this?

Jail her, fine her, give him custody of the children.

How can anyone take her side on this?

Jail her, fine her, give him custody of the children.

Because the father is male. It's sort of like sexism against males in the justice system. The mother has to be extremely bad for the kids to be taken away. The fact they haven't in this case yet is an example of that.

Australia has a history of poor decisions in regards family matters. Just like Britain as I recall they created a system where the State could take children for almost any reason. Anyone remember the case where the Dingo took the child and the mother went to prison?

Australia has a history of poor decisions in regards family matters. Just like Britain as I recall they created a system where the State could take children for almost any reason. Anyone remember the case where the Dingo took the child and the mother went to prison?

" A dingo ate my baby":lol:

" A dingo ate my baby":lol:

Turns out they were right but that took like 6 years and an accident for anyone to believe the family, meanwhile the mother went to prison for like 2 or 3 years.

yes, the dingo ate my baby case....it was not proven for what a decade that she was telling the truth....

The media focus for the trial was extraordinarily intense and sensational. The Chamberlains made several unsuccessful appeals, including the final High Court appeal. After all legal options had been exhausted, the chance discovery of a piece of Azaria's clothing in an area full of dingo lairs led to Lindy Chamberlain's release from prison, on "compassionate grounds." She was later exonerated of all charges. While the case is officially unsolved, the report of a dingo attack is generally accepted. Recent deadly dingo attacks in other areas of Australia have strengthened the case for the dingo theory.

Azaria Chamberlain disappearance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know someone who this same thing happened to. People who lie to authorities in an attempt to get someone in trouble, using MALICE, should be locked up for several years!!

if you mean by the state central government, that is not true, the local authorities (county council) social services are responsible, we do now have a minister of children's affairs.

We have a tragic case on at present where a social services department did not remove 2 children from a family, even though they met the criteria for removal over 20 times in about 5yrs, the two children went on to beat and sexually torture two other children.

The whole ethos of local authority social services is to keep the child with the parents, this has proven to be very costly for some of those children.

Sgt, if your comment was based on the Satanic abuse case in the North East of the UK, that was created by a number of things, anal reflexivity, and regression therapy were from memory two floored components, check out where those theories originated.

The use of children as a weapon, by a mother or father is as old as prostitution, ie the judgement of Solomon is a good example.

yes, the dingo ate my baby case....it was not proven for what a decade that she was telling the truth....

The media focus for the trial was extraordinarily intense and sensational. The Chamberlains made several unsuccessful appeals, including the final High Court appeal. After all legal options had been exhausted, the chance discovery of a piece of Azaria's clothing in an area full of dingo lairs led to Lindy Chamberlain's release from prison, on "compassionate grounds." She was later exonerated of all charges. While the case is officially unsolved, the report of a dingo attack is generally accepted. Recent deadly dingo attacks in other areas of Australia have strengthened the case for the dingo theory.

Azaria Chamberlain disappearance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I remember it well, the dingo made a death bed confession.

I know someone who this same thing happened to. People who lie to authorities in an attempt to get someone in trouble, using MALICE, should be locked up for several years!!
and the children?

Who knows but I do not think people should be able to hide behind their parenthood in order to avoid prison or even get a lighter sentence. They still deserve to be punished and if they were given protection the unintended consequences of such an act could be devastating (like criminals having children just to gain sympathy if they're caught).

I agree.

If a parent accuses the other parent with MALICE or to use the police to win custody of their children and they are PROVEN to have LIED with that intent then they should be TRIED in court and if convicted they should face the SAME penalty that the accused would have faced if convicted of the FALSE charge.

Forum List

Back