sewing machine question

deaddogseye

Carpe Ukraine
Nov 16, 2011
on the edge
I also posted this on the general discussion forum but then noticed forum this so ...

My daughter who is 23 wants me to get her asewing maching for christmas. She is a beginner taking her first class. I want to get her a good machine that she can grow into so i dont mind getting more than a beginner needs. Any general guidance or recommendations for specific machines would be appreciated. I know NOTHING about thses things. Thanks

When my top-of-the-line machines were in the repair shop for 2 months apiece (small town, long line of machines ahead of mine to do), I found a brother machine at WalMart that I used for 4 months. I was so pleased with it. It's a Brother 9050, has lots of cool stitches anybody would love, sews pretty quickly, and last January was under $200 on the ticket.

I sew like a woman possessed, and have been known to put 10 years on one machine in under 6 months. I also keep them clean and well-oiled so they don't go gunnysack on me.

I kept using the machine after my other two wonderful machines were back from repairs.

It won't set you too far back financially, and if her sewing zeal wanes after a couple of months, you'll save thousands.

She will also learn how to use a complex machine, and it has a video in its instruction pack that will help her quick start her sewing on the machine.

That's really a plus.
Good luck on your purchase, whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back