Severe fuel shortage grips parts of US southeast

Call Nancy! Ask her!

Seriously? I don't know why. We have gas in Fla. but Atlanta, Birmingham, KNoxville none, zero nada.

I think it's great.

All those assholes who voted for Bush now fighting over gas.

Now they can use all those guns they have to do some good.

what kinda idiot makes this statement? i for one didnt vote for bush....que surprise there.....so why am i suffereing gas shortages?

nope i found out today...nc is supplied by a coastal supplier while tn is supplied by an inland supplier. I assure you ...our neighbors in east tn are sick of nc people crossing the border and causing shortages for them.

I think it's great.

I voted for Bush, and my gas prices have dropped more than a buck in the last 2 weeks...

You answered your own question. Panic buying is causing shortages where there should be none. Refineries were at 75 percent and we have 19 stupid grades of ful so there were some shortfalls. But idiots get on the radio and announce shortfalls and encourage panic buying and it changes everything.

If an area is a little short on gas, as long as everyone buys in normal amounts no real problem or a very small one at the end of the delivery cycle. Panic buying means everyone floods the stations and fills up and then tops off when ever they see any gas anywhere, changing normal buying patterns and screwing everyone at the same time.

You answered your own question. Panic buying is causing shortages where there should be none. Refineries were at 75 percent and we have 19 stupid grades of ful so there were some shortfalls. But idiots get on the radio and announce shortfalls and encourage panic buying and it changes everything.

If an area is a little short on gas, as long as everyone buys in normal amounts no real problem or a very small one at the end of the delivery cycle. Panic buying means everyone floods the stations and fills up and then tops off when ever they see any gas anywhere, changing normal buying patterns and screwing everyone at the same time.

Exactly.

Classic tragedy of the commons.

People fill up "just in case there's a shortage" thus insuring that there actually is a shortage where, had they not paniced, there's have been no problem to begin with.

I think it's great.

Atlanta's precincts voted overwhelmingly for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004.....

Exactly.

Classic tragedy of the commons.

People fill up "just in case there's a shortage" thus insuring that there actually is a shortage where, had they not paniced, there's have been no problem to begin with.

Gas shortages aren't a tragedy of the commons situation. Mistreated public property would be, for example air pollution, or overfished public waters.

And the one and only reason for the gasoline shortages is price controls. Thus, you are able to buy in one state but drive a few miles to another state and they have gas. Some states crack down harder on "price gougers" than others.

Drop the price gouging laws and the shortages will vanish.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back