Several people shot outside Empire State Building

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Several people shot outside Empire State Building | General Headlines | Comcast

NEW YORK — New York City officials say at least four people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead. A witness says the gunman was firing indiscriminately.

City police say at least four people have been wounded in the Friday morning shooting.

A fire department spokesman says it received a call about the shooting just after at 9 a.m. Friday and that emergency units were on the scene within minutes.

Aliyah Imam tells Fox 5 News that she was standing at a red light when a woman standing next to her fell to the ground. She says the woman was hit in the hip. She says the gunman was "shooting indiscriminately at people."

The shooting occurred at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.

America gone nuts!

This is so scary. I get off the train at Bryant Park (42nd and 5th) and walk up to 42nd and 3rd. The ESB is just about 10 blocks from there. I missed being in that area by just 5 minutes.

Thanks. The 7 train isn't running this morning, so I think a lot of people had to get out where I did and walk down that way. So senseless. There's a rumor the guy was fired or something.

He probably just forgot his medication.

Attachments

• $prozac (1).jpg
    $prozac (1).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 113
I blame President Obama. If it wasn't for his failed presidency, his failed domestic policies, his failed economy, this guy wouldn't have been fired from his job and gone crazy.

Of course, this is tongue in check and I don't think this but I just had to post it.

The police shot up some of the people as well??

It was in the crossfire. They should be able to determine where the wounding shots came from and who hit who.

The two deaths are the gunman and his intended victim.

Considering the gunman tried to do a shootout in midtown at 9 AM its not a suprise people got hit. Hopefully the cops didnt hit anybody too bad. Thats gotta suck if you find out you wounded a bystander trying to stop a nutjob.

Forum List

Back