Seven Core Elements of Anti-Religious Faith... OKA: A-theism.

Had a conversation recently; wherein a self-proclaimed atheist made the following positive assertions regarding Atheism.

I'd be interested in knowing if any of our inhouse heathens can do any better than the advocate of these Core Elements of Atheism did, when I simply asked her to substantiate them.

It's interesting that when I pointed out that her failure to sustain her own asserted 'would-be atheist facts', provided irrefutable evidence that she was demonstrating profound faith in that which has no logical or factual underpinnings... she damn near lost her mind.

So be careful kids... this is sound reasoning and for the Humanist, it can be rather disorienting...

The Seven Core Elements of Atheism... advanced by Bobby, An Atheist:

1.God is just an idea.

2.There has NEVER been proof outside of a single book, which was written by men.

3.Life came about through chemical process combined with temperature and pressure.

4.There was no Invisible being involved.

5.Science has more than enough evidence to prove that.

6.God didn't create us, and he didn't give us rights.

7.Rights were given to us by MEN who wrote the documents giving us our rights!!

Again... these were shouted to me, BY AN ATHEIST... and represented as fact.

She couldn't actually point towards anything factual in support of 'em... and I'm just looking to see if any of you who also claim to be atheists can do so.

3.Life came about through chemical process combined with temperature and pressure.

It's difficult to believe that an atheist said that. Usually, it's the religious lying by falsely saying an atheist said that. The truth is, no one knows where life came from. There is not even enough evidence for a true "scientific theory". However, in science, "Gawd did it" is not an option.

Atheism is similar to what cold is to temperature.

"cold" is the absence of "heat".

Heat is energy, not the absence of cold because "cold" isn't anything.

That's how an atheist sees their lack of "occult" beliefs. When it comes to the occult, there is NO belief. Lack of belief isn't another form of belief, it is "nothing".

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the difference is that Agnostic think that god might exist.
They don't have the balls to say that he does not exist.
Agnostics are wishy washy wussies.

Many agnostics will get religion the first time their life is threatened.
And from your post, where you were saying there is "no evidence," it's easy for one to see your agnosticism.
Father Time said:
There's only one tenet of atheism

1. There's no God.

You can totally distrust all things scientific but as long as you believe there's no God you're an atheist.
That's the core defect in militant atheism. Because God DOES exist! It's a creation of Man, in Man's own image. It's mostly an emotion, which EXISTS but only in the heart of humans.

Saying "there is no God" misses the point entirely. It's like saying "there is no love, fear, envy, hatred."

See?

Nope, unless you are trying to say god does not exist outside of a human?

And from your post, where you were saying there is "no evidence," it's easy for one to see your agnosticism.
Father Time said:

1. There's no God.

You can totally distrust all things scientific but as long as you believe there's no God you're an atheist.
That's the core defect in militant atheism. Because God DOES exist! It's a creation of Man, in Man's own image. It's mostly an emotion, which EXISTS but only in the heart of humans.

Saying "there is no God" misses the point entirely. It's like saying "there is no love, fear, envy, hatred."

See?

Nope, unless you are trying to say god does not exist outside of a human?
You cannot possibly be this obtuse.

Had a conversation recently; wherein a self-proclaimed atheist made the following positive assertions regarding Atheism.

I'd be interested in knowing if any of our inhouse heathens can do any better than the advocate of these Core Elements of Atheism did, when I simply asked her to substantiate them.

It's interesting that when I pointed out that her failure to sustain her own asserted 'would-be atheist facts', provided irrefutable evidence that she was demonstrating profound faith in that which has no logical or factual underpinnings... she damn near lost her mind.

So be careful kids... this is sound reasoning and for the Humanist, it can be rather disorienting...

1.God is just an idea.

2.There has NEVER been proof outside of a single book, which was written by men.

She couldn't actually point towards anything factual in support of 'em... and I'm just looking to see if any of you who also claim to be atheists can do so.

An atheists here

Disagree with those being the core elements or tenents of Atheism.

Atheism has only one core belief/ Do I have to tell you what it is?

OK--HERE IS THAT BIG TENENT

THE BIG TENENT IS:There is no God.

Everything else is that guys personal beliefs.

Father Time said:

1. There's no God.

See?

So by that same token does Bugs Bunny exist? How about Hercules?

I AM NEVER SUCKING YOUR BALLS! - Clips - South Park Studios

zeus.gif

Who hasn't seen lightning? That's all the proof you need.

There is no empirical proof of God.

That does not mean God does not exist. It means you cannot prove it. You are taking the word of other people. That is why it is called "faith" and "belief."

=======
1.God is just an idea.

That's right.
you have never seen god
or spoken to god

there is NO God.

god is just made up.

and even THAT book is not evidence.

how can fairy tales written by ignorant camel jockies be considered "evidence"?

and you can pprove otherwise?

show me.....

and you can prove otherwise?

show me....

science is working on that job.

science has shown MORE evidence for evolution than YOU can show for creation.

if you happen to have ANY evidence of god and creation....

show us.....

you're are beginning to get it right....

(carefull your head might explode...you probably find this reality very disorienting)

well...
sort of...

through the ages various people have discussed the topic of human rights

eventually SOME of them got together and wrote it all down

there was no god there.

in fact
if you check out the constitution and the bill of rights to see who wrote them you will see LOTS of HUMAN NAMEs...but no god.

"She couldn't actually point towards anything factual in support of 'em... and I'm just looking to see if any of you who also claim to be atheists can do so. "

I don't need to.
I have faith!

I fyou want me to believe in your mythical god YOU can start by showing me proof of gods existance...

after that you can try to expain to me why god promotes slavery

and why he is such a vicious jerk who punishes people for ridiculous reasons

1. that's your opinion.
2. Its never been proved God doesn't exist.
3. Show me where life came about that way yesterday, last week, last month or ever.
4. And you cant prove there wasn't.
5. Science has already stated it can't prove it either way, but a lot of scientist in there search have become believers in a higher power.
6. That came from the fruit of the tree of knowledge.
7. Shes thinking more of what the dictators allow you.
God doesn't do anything to you, you do it to yourself by your choices.

See?

So you believe "god" is merely a chemical process that occurs in the human brain and does not exist outside of the minds of humans?

I'd be interested in knowing if any of our in-house heathens can do any better than the advocate of these Core Elements of Atheism did, when I simply asked her to substantiate them.

1.God is just an idea.

=======
1.God is just an idea.
That's right.
you have never seen god
or spoken to god
there is NO God.
god is just made up.

So, your argument is to assert your founding premise and then conclude your argument by returning to your premise, as proof of itself??
'God is just an Idea; thus there is no God; Ergo, God is just made up...'
Huh... Bobby, is that you? Hey girl... how they hangin'? Seem's you're stuck in your illogical, unsubstantiated, anti-religious faith...

So, We've expanded the syllogism to now include what you claim to be a fact, regarding on the origin concepts conveyed through the Bible...

'God is just an Idea; thus there is no God; thus, God is just made up...; the Scriptures are fairy tales... Ergo: they can't be evidence of that which is just made up.'

Second verse, Same as the first!

Oh this is quite a profession of faith.

Show you what? That thermo-dynamics and chemistry are essential elements in the natural creation of biological life? It seems that's a foregone conclusion; and one mutually recognized.

The issue is that I believe that it follows sound reason, that an intelligent designer; in this case "The Creator"; would naturally include those elements essential to creating whatever it is called for in the design...
You on the other hand are demanding that such simply occurred as a function of coincidental happenstance; which requires you to be in possession ofall of the facts to rest that conclusion as fact.
And to be honest; I don't get the impression that you're a person in possession of anywhere near all of the facts. As a matter of indisputable fact; you BEING a person, pretty well rules that out.

I am taking this position based upon a species of reasoning which induces theoretical possibilities as elements of the equation where there are no facts from which to draw otherwise.

My position is based upon a BELIEF... it represents a FAITH.

As does yours... the distinction is, that I recognize and readily admit that my position is such; while you're stating yours as indisputable fact; in the absence of any actual facts.

My position serves sound, sustainable reason; while your's; as far as I can tell, seems only to serve you and; at least thus far, seems to be leaning on fairly consistent invalid logical constructs; thus represents unsound reasoning; and in my book; where a position fails reason; it fails truth... thus represents deceit... thus serves evil.

Feel better?

Prove what?

You're requiring me to convert this, the positive assertion of fact; advanced by an anti-theist; into a negative and prove the antithesis? Seems more reasonable to me that you just prove the positive assertion to which you clearly adhere... instead of forcing me to prove the inverse and demanding that my ignorance of that; establishes your fact.
Now if you're asking me if I believe that there exist in nature forces which cannot be examined through the reflection of light?

Sure, try taste... smell, nearly the entire spectrum of the product of generated energy... oka: waves... Time... space... We may see a narrow range of the affects of such, but we can't see them; and in nearly every circumstance; to recognize the effect of such; we must come to recognize that such is a result of some unseen; and heretofore unknown force.

For instance; humanity has for the whole of it's existence been effected by gravity... for nearly ALL of our 20,000 years of existence, it never occurred to us that the force even existed... it's only in the last 400 years or so, that we've even considered it... and to date, we still don't understand it; despite all of our scientific prowess.

So, where the equation considers a being that exist beyond our means to "see" it... I'd say the possibilities are pretty good; at least as good that there might exist other forces in nature that we can't 'see'... or perceive through our biological sensors; or technological extensions of those sensors.

It's a fascinating issue... I happen to believe that it follows that such does exist; as such serves reason.

Huh... so you feel that science is working on the job is disproving God?

That's interesting; because the key element to valid science is objectivity... thus where the foundation of a given experiment is biased; the conclusions drawn from that study will, it follows; be prejudiced by that bias.

Perhaps you're thinkin' of pseudo-science... which is fairly common amongst the faithful adherents of anti-theism... Anthropologic Global Warming and other such beliefs which hope to effect some form of Social Justice.

So you've nothing to add here? Except for the dissembling commentary?

Fair enough... I'll only add that this is not a good sign; where your effort is to substantiate these Seven Core Elements of the anti-Religious Faith.

But it's your argument, so you're entitled to construct it as ya wish... Just be prepared to take responsibility for it.

well...
sort of...
there was no god there.
in fact
if you check out the constitution and the bill of rights to see who wrote them you will see LOTS of HUMAN NAMEs...but no god.

Golly... is it me; or did you bounce through an exercise in intellectual Plinko?

"Sort of"... Either humanity recieves our rights through an endowment from our Creator; or we don't... Ya seem to be of the belief that we don't... yet when the equation turns to the question of whether we do or not; suddenly there's a doubt...

Don't be afraid... that's a good sign.

Of course, there's work to be done... but that's no big deal; as long as we get to the business of doing it.

"through the ages various people have discussed the topic of human rights
there was no god there.
in fact
if you check out the constitution and the bill of rights to see who wrote them you will see LOTS of HUMAN NAMEs...but no god."

I guess the first thing to recognize is your habit of 'running home to your rhetorical Momma'...

Again you re-state your founding premise as your conclusion...
You seem to be claiming some authority inherent in those men and the respective documents... while simultaneously rejecting the principles on which they claimed their authority... and as a result pumping the inherent misnomer for all it's worth.

'God is just an Idea; thus there is no God; thus, God is just made up... thus, the Scriptures are fairy tales... and can't be evidence of that which made up; ergo; God was not there when man gave us our rights.'

Suffice it to say that we've established that it is possible that an intelligent being can exist beyond our means to perceive him... and we can rest assured, that the US Declaration of Independence was created by serious men engaged in a serious endeavor; who concluded that they possessed an authority drawn from the responsibilities inherent in the divine endowment of 'unalienable', inseparable rights to humanity, from Nature's God; rights which they stated were 'certain'; and SO certain as to be 'self-evident'... they stated such as "TRUTH".

What's more, is that this was more than just an academic debate... it was vastly more than some discourse of a heady subject; some collective intellectual perusal of ethereal 'what ifs...'

Those men were of such a committed faith in those principles that they stated them as the authority on which they sought to separate themselves and their nation from the most powerful human force on earth... an otherwise irresistible force which was sure to look upon that position as a direct affront to it’s human authority and with decided antipathy; and they SIGNED IT… knowing full well; and further stating their keen awareness, that such would likely result in their collective deaths; and placed their fate in the hands of ‘providence’. (look it up… note the lower-case ‘p‘. )

Meaning in short; that the men who on one hand you claim to be sufficient to grant to you your RIGHTS… and who on the other hand you simultaneously claim to be so delusional that they project a plastic-banana specter as their authority, in what amounted to a suicide pact.

Now as a general rule; reasonable people aren’t prone to set the authority of their rights upon the manifestations of fools or crazy people.

So with that said, let me help ya through this.

The Founders of America; AKA: These United states... recognized that man was endowed by God with unalienable rights… that those rights were sustained through the recognition, respect for and the bearing of the responsibilities inherent in those rights; not the least of which is to defend the means to exercise those rights; so convinced were they of this certain, self evident fact; that they set their own lives; and the lives of their families, friends and constituents on the line; risking everything they had worked their entire lives to achieve; when there was otherwise no reason to do so… they faced the most powerful force on earth, BELIEVING that the authority was valid; their reasoning sound; and that at the end of the day; that through divine providence that would prevail; having adequately defended their means to exercise their rights.

In the wake of that extensive and costly defense; after some interim devices had been tried and failed; they took to what would become the guiding charter of Rules by which the US Federal Government would conduct itself; which we know as the US Constitution. And within that US Constitution; after much debate; they decided to add specific protections for key aspects of those divinely endowed rights which laid at the foundation of the Charter of founding principles, in the US Declaration of Independence.

Now note what I just said… and what I did not say… The framer’s of the USC added PROTECTIONS FOR RIGHTS WHICH HAD BEEN RECOGNIZED AS INHERENT … Rights which they claimed as the authority to separate from the human power that bound them.

Thus, those rights pre-existed the US Declaration of Independence; thus they pre-existed the Framing of the US Constitution; Ergo: The Enumerating of Protections AGAINST THE USURPATION OF HUMAN POWER INTRINSIC TO GOVERNMENT; is not; CANNOT be said to be the imparting of rights…

Meaning in short that the Framers of the US Constitution were decidedly NOT ‘giving you your rights’… they were adding rules which prevented government from preventing you from exercising your pre-existing; God given rights.

Which means that in the absence of God; you have no rights… Because crazy people aren’t really in a position to grant rights.
Now is that where you were headed?

"She couldn't actually point towards anything factual in support of 'em... and I'm just looking to see if any of you who also claim to be atheists can do so. "
I don't need to.
I have faith!

Yep, ya sure do… sadly, for you and your faith, you’ve got serious problems in the supporting construct inherent to it…
Study the argument a bit more carefully and see if ya come up with something closer to a sound response.

Keeping in mind that we’re not really interested in seeing any more of the premise being advanced as a conclusion… and flipping positive assertions of fact on it’s back; in an attempt to have the opposition prove the negative. And towards an explanation; the only way to prove a negative is to convert it into a positive and work the equation… Which hopefully you recognize, just sorta leaves us chasing your tale… <(pun…J }

So uh... No snappy comebacks?

Don't be 'ascared...' It's just the absolute refutation of your entire anti-religious faith... that's all.

It's not your fault...

After all... who coulda seen that "There is no God!" would be so readily refutable? :eusa_whistle:

LOL...

I just ADORE the last word...

Immutable reason carries the day AGAIN!

Crazy huh...

Now the coolest thing about this; is that the same people who came, saw and were sent packin' the weight of their own dead argument... fleeing the truth advanced by their opposition... are somewhere else braying that same nonsense somewhere else.

Having absolutely NO SENSE of Intellectual integrity what so ever...

Ya see kids; they're ENTITLED TO BELIEVE whatever they CHOOSE to believe...

Think about that for a second...

They've CHOSEN to believe in that which they've NO MEANS TO SUPPORT... and they feel ENTITLED to not just believe it; but to advance it as FACT.

LOL...

Humanists...

1.God is just an idea.

=======
1.God is just an idea.

That's right.
you have never seen god
or spoken to god

there is NO God.

god is just made up.

and even THAT book is not evidence.

how can fairy tales written by ignorant camel jockies be considered "evidence"?

and you can pprove otherwise?

show me.....

and you can prove otherwise?

show me....

science is working on that job.

science has shown MORE evidence for evolution than YOU can show for creation.

if you happen to have ANY evidence of god and creation....

show us.....

you're are beginning to get it right....

(carefull your head might explode...you probably find this reality very disorienting)

well...
sort of...

there was no god there.

in fact

I don't need to.
I have faith!

I fyou want me to believe in your mythical god YOU can start by showing me proof of gods existance...

after that you can try to expain to me why god promotes slavery

and why he is such a vicious jerk who punishes people for ridiculous reasons

Just WOW!

Some fuckwit just proved PI correct for once. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back