Seven better uses for the bailout’s $700 billion

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
The only problem with that is that a new government agency would be created and in just a few short years the budget would balloon well past 700 billion dollars. It always happens that way.
The best thing to do is prevent the government from getting our money in the first place by implementing tax cuts.

The only problem with that is that a new government agency would be created and in just a few short years the budget would balloon well past 700 billion dollars. It always happens that way.
The best thing to do is prevent the government from getting our money in the first place by implementing tax cuts.

Ok. So your suggestion is "Plan B" if the bailout does not pass? What happens in the short term? Like now? Like next week or next month? Can the derailing be put off by implementing tax cuts? How long does it take for that to take place :confused:

I just wonder if they even have a Plan B? :cuckoo:

Accompanied by reciprocal spending cuts of course, right?

As they mentioned on the news ... who is to say these companies will not go right back were they were before ... lending to people above and over their incomes and their ability to pay back loans? A slap on the wrist is not good enough and it is just a very sticky wicket to me.

The 'tax paying, mortgage paying' on time people are footing the bill. Who gives a shit is almost the attitude Bush/McCain and the others supporting this .... are taking. :eusa_eh:

As they mentioned on the news ... who is to say these companies will not go right back were they were before ... lending to people above and over their incomes and their ability to pay back loans? A slap on the wrist is not good enough and it is just a very sticky wicket to me.

The 'tax paying, mortgage paying' on time people are footing the bill. Who gives a shit is almost the attitude Bush/McCain and the others supporting this .... are taking. :eusa_eh:

These companies don't deserve a dime. I'm inclined to think the foolish borrowers don't, either.

How horrible that the fiscally responsible people in this country will have to lose even one red cent because of this.

i still dont understand how the govt can keep spending money they dont have.

Forum List

Back