Seussgate; Have Leftards Finally Jumped the Proverbial Shark?

Oh, Jim, you don't know how this has saddened my heart. AND totally pissed me off at that fucking clown of a librarian. But every single one of you here needs to remember that this is ONE atrociously over-educated and pompous ass who does NOT speak for all liberals in any way.
If she were our local librarian, I would be moving heaven and earth to get her fired. That's the truth.
Suess rocks. As long as we speak English and read bedtime stories to kids, he will live. Imagination, rich word play, fun illustrations; he remembered the wonder and silliness that resides in all children. Some of us could stand a refresher course in that, too.
God, I can't stand that bitch. Refusing Melania's gift ought to give you a clue where her heart and mind are at--one like that can't be used as an exemplar of any but her miserable self.
Yep, seems like the Shark has been jumped.

Oh, Jim, you don't know how this has saddened my heart. AND totally pissed me off at that fucking clown of a librarian. But every single one of you here needs to remember that this is ONE atrociously over-educated and pompous ass who does NOT speak for all liberals in any way.
If she were our local librarian, I would be moving heaven and earth to get her fired. That's the truth.
Suess rocks. As long as we speak English and read bedtime stories to kids, he will live. Imagination, rich word play, fun illustrations; he remembered the wonder and silliness that resides in all children. Some of us could stand a refresher course in that, too.
God, I can't stand that bitch. Refusing Melania's gift ought to give you a clue where her heart and mind are at--one like that can't be used as an exemplar of any but her miserable self.
It's only her. Just remember that.

The problem is, it really isn't just her. She's just a natural manifestation of what is happening on the Regressive Left. There will be many who agree with her, and there are things that are said that are worse than that.

You're a liberal, not a Regressive. You might want to check out YouTube videos by Dave Rubin and Sam Harris, among others. They're actual liberals who are horrified by what the Regressives like this librarian lady have done to the Left.

The problem is, it really isn't just her. She's just a natural manifestation of what is happening on the Regressive Left. There will be many who agree with her, and there are things that are said that are worse than that.

You're a liberal, not a Regressive. You might want to check out YouTube videos by Dave Rubin and Sam Harris, among others. They're actual liberals who are horrified by what the Regressives like this librarian lady have done to the Left.

:lol:

You've called me a "regressive" a couple of hundred times by now - and yet, I agree with OldLady completely.

While she does not represent all liberals or even a significant number of them, she is typical of the far left just as David Duke is also not an American conservative though he is rightwing.

You've called me a "regressive" a couple of hundred times by now - and yet, I agree with OldLady completely.
Good for you. My point is that her claim was incorrect.

So thanks for pointing out that distinction.

:laugh:

Well, which proves that regressives do occasionally agree with the Progs, lol.
Seriously though Doc, moderates havfe defended you lots of times.

You are a Prog with some regressive gangrenous limbs. :)

The Regressives are very touchy about that term.

Especially since it was a liberal Brit Muslim who coined it, and honest liberals who have carried it on.

I love it.

Let me make sure I'm getting your argument correct.

You're saying that because I have pointed out that your statement is incorrect (in the sense that you have declared me a "regressive", and that antecedent has failed to produce your claimed consequent), I have helped your argument?

"Prog" doesn't mean anything. The term is meaningless.

I don't have a term for my politics, they evolve on a daily basis. Ideology is the antithesis of critical thought.

You're saying that because I have pointed out that your statement is incorrect (in the sense that you have declared me a "regressive", and that antecedent has failed to produce your claimed consequent), I have helped your argument?
I'm saying that because you agree with what she said, it confirms my opinion that you are indeed a Regressive. She was speaking out of character. She's better than that, she's a real liberal.

If you don't like my characterization of you as a Regressive, tough shit. Your whining is tedious.

Well, Mac, all I can tell ya is, ask every liberal/leftie you personally know if they think Dr. Suess is outdated, racist, and not worth having in their public library. The liberals/Democrats you personally know, you personally ask them.
I heard Gloria Steinem yesterday at the March for Racial Justice in Washington. Bless her 83 year old heart. I betcha she'd pop you in the mouth if you said that about Suess.
The regressives haven't taken over yet, and I'll be goddamned if I would ever support a party that did allow that codswallop. Of course, I've never been one party or the other, so I guess I don't really count. I really get passionate about Dr. Suess, though. Don't be messing with my favorite authors. LOL

Yes, you helped him with the distinction betwixt Progs and Regressives he was making, and he is apparently appreciative.

Sometimes Regressives agree with Progs without being a prog.

I'm saying that because you agree with what she said, it confirms my opinion that you are indeed a Regressive. She was speaking out of character. She's better than that, she's a real liberal.

If you don't like my characterization of you as a Regressive, tough shit. Your whining is tedious.

I agree with OldLady in saying that this librarian is a dumbass. Or are you agreeing with the librarian in this scenario?

I'm beginning to think that you've lost the plot.

Well, Mac, all I can tell ya is, ask every liberal/leftie you personally know if they think Dr. Suess is outdated, racist, and not worth having in their public library. The liberals/Democrats you personally know, you personally ask them.
I heard Gloria Steinem yesterday at the March for Racial Justice in Washington yesterday. Bless her 83 year old heart. I betcha she'd pop you in the mouth if you said that about Suess.
The regressives haven't taken over yet, and I'll be goddamned if I would ever support a party that did allow that codswallop. Of course, I've never been one party or the other, so I guess I don't really count. I really get passionate about Dr. Suess, though. Don't be messing with my favorite authors. LOL
Agreed about the behaviors, and Suess, but I'm not so sure the Regressives haven't taken over the party. This may just be wishful thinking, but I'm sensing that the pushback on this bullshit is coming from all sides, including real liberals. Here's hoping.

Yes, you helped him with the distinction betwixt Progs and Regressives he was making, and he is apparently appreciative.

Sometimes Regressives agree with Progs without being a prog.

None of these terms you're using mean anything.

I agree with OldLady in saying that this librarian is a dumbass. Or are you agreeing with the librarian in this scenario?

Gawd, you're still humping. You're trying very hard to avoid the Regressive tag.

Exceptions prove the rule. Think what you will.

Gawd, you're still humping. You're trying very hard to avoid the Regressive tag.

No, you're still not getting it.

I could not possible give less of shit what some message board poster choses to call me.

I am pointing out the logical flaws in your delusions. I understand that it can be upsetting, but trying to re-write the narrative isn't going to help.

"Prog" doesn't mean anything. The term is meaningless.

You have never seen 'prog used as short hand for 'Progressive'?

Seriously?

I don't have a term for my politics, they evolve on a daily basis. Ideology is the antithesis of critical thought.

I entirely agree with the bolded statement. But ideology can be useful as a background to provide relief for expressed viewpoints to some extent.

No, you're still not getting it.

I could not possible give less of shit what some message board poster choses to call me.

I am pointing out the logical flaws in your delusions. I understand that it can be upsetting, but trying to re-write the narrative isn't going to help.
Great, thanks.

Forum List

Back