Settlers evict woman from disputed east Jerusalem home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ghook and Rabbi would you both mind watching the video i posted on page 1 and tell me if you think its biased toward one group or the other (since you both have a personal stake in one side of the equation).

I feel its neutral but if one of you tells me otherwise I will open my mind up to it not being neutral.

I watched it! Biased overtone, but nothing was factually inaccurate!

this thread is like the middle east peace talks...the regular players show up...parrot what they always say...nothing is dicussed and nothing is achieved...so is the way of it...

this thread is like the middle east peace talks...the regular players show up...parrot what they always say...nothing is dicussed and nothing is achieved...so is the way of it...

The emotions run deep on these threads in the face of strong antisemitism! Many topics aren't antisemitic. But the likes of rabid antisemites like Shogun, Dogshit and Sunni turn them that way!

ahhhh....I thought there might be more to it then meets the eye:

The Khurd family has lived in the contested building since 1956, when the area was under Jordanian control. After the area came under Israel's control in 1967, the Committee of the Sephardi Jewry and the Committee of the Knesset of Israel - two religious bodies - presented the Israeli authorities with various documents showing that they had purchased the area during the Ottoman rule.

The Palestinian families residing there were allowed to stay on as protected tenants, until they stopped paying rent. This prompted the owners to file for their eviction at the Jerusalem District Court, which ruled in favor of the plaintiffs from the Nachlat Shimon non-profit organization.

That's a pretty complicated dispute though. How far back can you go to determine ownwership?

sunni always gets credit be he here or not...there are always two sides to every story...that does not make the tellers of the other side anti anything...you admit the video is factual but still must add that its biased...are facts biased? do facts have a side...no they dont..they are facts they stand alone

The emotions run deep on these threads in the face of strong antisemitism! Many topics aren't antisemitic. But the likes of rabid antisemites like Shogun, Dogshit and Sunni turn them that way!

.....not to mention the considerable overuse of the anti-semite card by Mr. Hook and The Rabbi.

Thou dost not condemn Israel....for anything or you will be called foul names and burn in hell forever until you are toasted blacker than a burned marshmallow at campfire :eusa_whistle:

you have to wonder about land deeds and title searches in an area where records are destroyed ...by bombs etc

Yes. It's quite complex. And there is a concerted effort to move Arabs out and Jews in to East Jerusalem that is evident by the permit process and likely, title searches granting titles to an ownership going back to the Ottomans over that of an Arab family living there since the 50's.

Subtle apartheid.

ahhhh....I thought there might be more to it then meets the eye:

The Khurd family has lived in the contested building since 1956, when the area was under Jordanian control. After the area came under Israel's control in 1967, the Committee of the Sephardi Jewry and the Committee of the Knesset of Israel - two religious bodies - presented the Israeli authorities with various documents showing that they had purchased the area during the Ottoman rule.

The Palestinian families residing there were allowed to stay on as protected tenants, until they stopped paying rent. This prompted the owners to file for their eviction at the Jerusalem District Court, which ruled in favor of the plaintiffs from the Nachlat Shimon non-profit organization.

That's a pretty complicated dispute though. How far back can you go to determine ownwership?

Same article! What happens when you stop paying rent or your mortgage? Do you still get to squat on the land?
Palestinian families residing there were allowed to stay on as protected tenants, until they stopped paying rent. This prompted the owners to file for their eviction at the Jerusalem District Court, which ruled in favor of the plaintiffs from the Nachlat Shimon non-profit organization

.....not to mention the considerable overuse of the anti-semite card by Mr. Hook and The Rabbi.
OK you fucking antisemite? J/K :redface:

Thou dost not condemn Israel....for anything or you will be called foul names and burn in hell forever until you are toasted blacker than a burned marshmallow at campfire :eusa_whistle:

I have critized them! I criticized them over not negotiating with Hamas. I criticized any attack planned on Iran. But its hard for a pro-Israeli on USMB to stay nonbiased in these thread, because, YES extreme antisemitism does get injected into each one, by YES Shogun, Sunni, Dogshit, Little Willy, Cunticious and many others of the like!

You are hallucinating yet again. Your emotional meltdowns are bizarre.

Still going with the strawmen topped with a hefty dose of dodging and continued seasoning of ad hominem. You haven't a logical thought in your head and you emotionally recoil at logic.

You have nothing of substance.

:lol:

you and I BOTH know that I am not hallucinating about how you cried to the mods about neg repping you and replying to YOUR pms to me. ....
No, I did not. You are seriously paranoid and delusional. Seriously.

Feel more than free to have that confirmed by staff.
It looks like Shogun has yet to be able to confirm his paranoid delusions. :lol:

Same article! What happens when you stop paying rent or your mortgage? Do you still get to squat on the land?
That is not exactly the issue though.

If they were paying rent, that acknowledges the legality of the ownership from the Ottoman period despite the fact that they had lived there for over 50 years.

The question is - did the settlers really own it? According to Israeli law - yes. But Israeli law seems designed to give preference to Jewish citizens and Jewish claims over resident Arabs and going back as far as the Ottoman period seems to really stretch the claim.

It would be analogous to Native American tribes re-asserting their rights to land promised them under treaties. How far back do you go?

Unfortunately the "settlers" have the law on their side in this dispute, and more unfortunately the law in this case seems very unjust.

Why do we even bother getting involved in this crap.

The UN gave the land to the Jews without regards to the arab citizens there back after WW2 and the arabs are rightfully pissed about it.
The Jews and Arabs were given Land!

I'm not against the jewish state or jewish settlements but I am against throwing a woman out of her home based on the sole fact that she is a palestinian, i find that wrong too.
If that was the case, then I agree. But the land was legally sold. She is getting evicted because they purchased he land from her landlord and want to live in it!

I dont blame israel for wanting to create a buffer zone, after all the palestinians launch rockets and attacks into their homeland from those areas.
A buffer is not the case here! Even a Zionist like me knows what they are doing! The Jews want Jerusalem! They want to keep the holiest place in Judaism in Israel. How do you get that done? Populate Israel with as many Jews as possible! Do I think that is an unfair tactic? Maybe!

Thanks for the 411 Ghook.

hehehe.. yea.. it's the UNs fault for thinking that giving the jews a homeland wouldn't have caused them to become holocaust punchlines as the victims become the new gestapo. silly UN. It's NEVER a jews fault. never ever. Jews are just Ubermensh like that.

You obviously missed my first post where I said I dont blame the palestinians for being pissed off about it and where I said i thought it was wrong to evict the woman from her home.

ps.. the history of the mid east from glen beck is kinda like listening to the history of slavery by david duke. just saying.

Did you watch the video, it is actually fairly accurate and isn't anti-semetic or anti-arab.

Shogun stomp a mudhole when I actually deserve it and not purely for the fun in it ;).

yea dude! Beck's constant quips about how innocent lil jews just wanted a homeland and arabs were just milling about in the desert really sounds like a fucking objective take on it!

sure!

:thup:

In this case you deserve a mudhole. a large one.

So you find the video anti-arab or are you, more likely, just anti beck?

Hey Ghook and Rabbi would you both mind watching the video i posted on page 1 and tell me if you think its biased toward one group or the other (since you both have a personal stake in one side of the equation).

I feel its neutral but if one of you tells me otherwise I will open my mind up to it not being neutral.

are you fucking kidding me? How do you EXPECT the favored ethnicity who is FAVORED in the video to respond? Hey, maybe I can ask some southern white people from 1945 if they think it's fair to keep ******* out of Alabama colleges too.

wow. It's amazing that you'd think for one second that GLEN BECK is fair about anything. Listen to his fucking adjectives for christs sake.

WOW.

Nice post there jackanapes.

Populate Israel with as many Jews as possible!

STILL have any questions, Pilgrim? Tell me, If I said the same thing about keeping the south white by displacing all the ******* would you call me on being a racist? Maybe you should ask yourself why JEWS get a double standard. Hell, they don't even care to polish the turd of their racism anymore because they know they have people like you punked into going along with anything they want. David Burkowitz? Clearly not a serial killer. Just a victim of antisemitic laws and dirty goyim getting in the way of his bullets!

No you answered all my questions with your pigminded attitude there dipshit, i'll continue to talk to the members who actually haven't closed their mind on the subject :eusa_hand:

You are hallucinating yet again. Your emotional meltdowns are bizarre.

Still going with the strawmen topped with a hefty dose of dodging and continued seasoning of ad hominem. You haven't a logical thought in your head and you emotionally recoil at logic.

You have nothing of substance.

you and I BOTH know that I am not hallucinating about how you cried to the mods about neg repping you and replying to YOUR pms to me. ....
No, I did not. You are seriously paranoid and delusional. Seriously.

Feel more than free to have that confirmed by staff.

WAY TO SAVE FACE, ****. It was confirmed YESTERDAY.

:thup:

notice.. it's ALWAYS the fault of the non-jew with people like Ghook. FUNNY how that works!

I watched it! Biased overtone, but nothing was factually inaccurate!

Thanks for your informed input Ghook, you are helping to evolve my opinion a little here. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back