Settlements only "illegal" for Jews

If settlements in AREA C are legal they should "legal" for all Israelis and not just Jews to initiate, get permits for and receive infrastructure support. A lot of inequality there.

To correct your error here, ALL Israeli citizens, by law, are treated equally. No records on ethnic or religious background are collected or kept in the building application process, as it is illegal to ask these questions.
What error?

I can find tons of Jewish Israeli settlements authorized under the law...I am having trouble finding Arab Israeli or Palestinian ones. Strange.

If settlements in AREA C are legal they should "legal" for all Israelis and not just Jews to initiate, get permits for and receive infrastructure support. A lot of inequality there.

I know of no other country with a similar policy.
And yet not a peep out of you that 5 million Jordanians living under Israeli control, which includes Arabs in the Knesset , are not allowed into Jordan.

I don't get this. What are you trying to say?
He wants to expel Palestinians to Jordan.

Hypocritical attacks on Israel are common, but Sarah Leah Whitson takes them to a new level. As Middle East and North Africa director of Human Rights Watch, she is one of the sharpest critics of the Jewish state’s presence in the West Bank, promoting boycotts and international prosecution for the supposed crimes of occupation and settlement. Yet elsewhere Ms. Whitson strongly supports settlements in occupied territories—suggesting that she and her colleagues don’t take their own legal claims against Israel seriously.

The settlements Ms. Whitson supports are in Nagorno-Karabakh, an area that was within the borders of post-Soviet Azerbaijan until 1994, when Armenia occupied the region after a protracted war. Since then, the Armenian leadership in Yerevan has actively encouraged the movement of settlers into the area.

Ms. Whitson, who is from an Armenian family, served as master of ceremonies at a 2018 fundraiser for the Armenian National Committee of America, a pro-settler charity that views Karabakh as an “integral part of the Armenian homeland.”

Source: A Selective Opponent of Settlers

The is only one of MANY examples where a double standard of "illegal settlements" is applied only to Israel.

Is this not a violation of GCIV 49 concerning the transfer of settlers to occupied territory? Why or why not? Also feel free to address Cyprus, Western Sahara, East Timor and other examples.

If you can prove that there is an objective standard here and Israel is not being singled out -- go for it. Otherwise? You are participating in a special standard for Israel.
Settlements are just another piece in the mountain of evidence that the last thing Israelis want is peace.
Peace with people whose doctrine it is to kill you...yeah let’s do that.

I know of no other country with a similar policy.
And yet not a peep out of you that 5 million Jordanians living under Israeli control, which includes Arabs in the Knesset , are not allowed into Jordan.

I don't get this. What are you trying to say?
He wants to expel Palestinians to Jordan.
No such thing as a “Palestinian” they are Egyptians and Jordanians. Learn history.

Settlements are just another piece in the mountain of evidence that the last thing Israelis want is peace.

Right?! I mean the NERVE of Jews to think that they will be permitted to live near Arabs. Surely, they must know that trying to live near Arabs is an act of war. And that Jews deserve to be killed if they try to live near Arabs.

Don't forget about the incredible chutzpah/nerve of these Jews to actually want to live in their historical and ancestral homeland! You would think that something as important as the Bible came from there, considering the fuss they make over it! What, the Bible DID come from there? Nevermind (said in a Gilda Radnor voice)!
So..what about the incredible nerve and chutzpah of Palestinians that want to live in their homeland :dunno:

Oh wait ... I keep forgetting. They aren’t real.

Right?! I mean the NERVE of Jews to think that they will be permitted to live near Arabs. Surely, they must know that trying to live near Arabs is an act of war. And that Jews deserve to be killed if they try to live near Arabs.

Don't forget about the incredible chutzpah/nerve of these Jews to actually want to live in their historical and ancestral homeland! You would think that something as important as the Bible came from there, considering the fuss they make over it! What, the Bible DID come from there? Nevermind (said in a Gilda Radnor voice)!
So..what about the incredible nerve and chutzpah of Palestinians that want to live in their homeland :dunno:

What homeland? Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? Who was in the Palestinian Olympic team in 1936? I ll Patiently wait as you sound stupid again. Just admit you do not have a clue about the topic.

What homeland? Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? Who was in the Palestinian Olympic team in 1936? I ll Patiently wait as you sound stupid again. Just admit you do not have a clue about the topic.
You mean the place where they have lived for centuries isn’t their homeland? Wow. I had no idea that ONLY the Jews could claim ancestry there.

I never heard of a Basque Olympic team....have you? But sure enough there is a Basque homeland. Imagine that :)

You mean the place where they have lived for centuries isn’t their homeland? Wow. I had no idea that ONLY the Jews could claim ancestry there.

I never heard of a Basque Olympic team....have you? But sure enough there is a Basque homeland. Imagine that :)
Who was their president? Do Tell. Jews aren’t even allowed in the KSA. Don’t hear you complaining. Arabs were conquered. Move on or man up and take your land back. Either way they need to stop their incessant whining. Maybe that’s why you identify with them.

Who was their president? Do Tell. Jews aren’t even allowed in the KSA. Don’t hear you complaining. Arabs were conquered. Move on or man up and take your land back. Either way they need to stop their incessant whining. Maybe that’s why you identify with them.

If they are not allowed in the KSA start a thread and I will chime in. Otherwise it sounds like whining to me.

If they are not allowed in the KSA start a thread and I will chime in. Otherwise it sounds like whining to me.
Facts aren’t whining. What you do is. Muslims hate Jews. I am OK with that. Call a spade a spade. Stop dancing around their antisemitism.

Facts aren’t whining. What you do is. Muslims hate Jews. I am OK with that. Call a spade a spade. Stop dancing around their antisemitism.
I don’t disagree that there are anti-Semitic Muslims or for that matter, anti-Islamic Jews. It is human nature. I don’t even disagree that there is a high degree of antisemitism today in Muslim majority countries. So what is your point?

To correct your error here, ALL Israeli citizens, by law, are treated equally. No records on ethnic or religious background are collected or kept in the building application process, as it is illegal to ask these questions.
Well..again...why do we seeJewish outpostsand settlements being built but but no Arab ones?

The law means nothing if it is not followed.

Not Israelis.

Well..again...why do we seeJewish outpostsand settlements being built but but no Arab ones?

Also Arab Palestinian outposts and settlements ARE being built. Often with the help of the EU.

But again, you won’t acknowledge that.

Not Israelis.
?

Absolutely. And this is part of the hypocrisy. Settlers from Armenia have every right to live in the territory of another State because (their words) “it is an integral part of the Armenian homeland”.
Link?

It’s in the OP.

Not Israelis.
?

Your post claimed that all Israelis should be treated equally under the law. They are.

Also Arab Palestinian outposts and settlements ARE being built. Often with the help of the EU.

But again, you won’t acknowledge that.

Sure. I will acknowledge it. Very few and demolished by Israel. In the meantime how many Arab Israeli Outposts and Settlements are being built in Area C?

Of course...the national law specifically endorsed
S Jewish settlement activity. That kind of leaves non-JewishIsraeli’s in the cold.

Not Israelis.
?

Your post claimed that all Israelis should be treated equally under the law. They are.

Oh?

There are a number of countries with laws of equality on the books. They are not enforced well. The end result isn’t very equal (or as some wouldsay, the facts on the ground)....like all those Arab Israeli settlements.

Absolutely. And this is part of the hypocrisy. Settlers from Armenia have every right to live in the territory of another State because (their words) “it is an integral part of the Armenian homeland”.
Link?

It’s in the OP.
Unfortunately I must have read my quota of free WSJ articles because I hit a paywall.

Link?

It’s in the OP.
Unfortunately I must have read my quota of free WSJ articles because I hit a paywall.

You'll have to take my word for it then.

But, in principle, if someone claims that "settlements are illegal", don't you think that someone should apply it everywhere and not only to Jews?

Forum List

Back