Set Federal Priorities

What FED policy would you focus on FIRST?

• More borrow "stimulus money"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fix Social Security & Medicare NOW

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Pass Cap & Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass Universal Health Care

• Pass strict regulations on the financial system

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Pass a new infrastructure program, Hi-speed rails,etc

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Focus on reducing energy costs, open ANWR, drill baby

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Focus on creating more domestic jobs via protectionism

• Focus on removing illegals currently inside the US

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Reduce military involvements over seas, protect borders

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I can't get over how moronic the current leadership in Washington is about setting priorities for policies. IMHO there are many more important things to focus on than UHC and C+T.

Check as many options as you feel are important....

Last edited:
If I missed any important priorities or action items for the administration, please list them and I'll include them in a similar poll on the "politics" thread. A few more I can think of are:
1. prosecute off-shore tax cheats, including those w/numbered Swiss bank accounts
2. put limits on total compensation for execs of US corporations
3. publish a plan for transforming the US transportation system away from oil based fuels

I can't get over how moronic the current leadership in Washington is about setting priorities for policies. IMHO there are many more important things to focus on than UHC and C+T.

Fix the tax system something lower, less crazy, easier to understand was not listed. They can be three options or one.

Have you ever used TurboTax or some other tax software? I'm not saying I like paying so much in taxes (only little people pay taxes?) but I find the process easy/simple enough w/TurboTax.
I'm not one of those pushing a "flat tax" or a "consumption tax", I like a progressive tax. I just hope that Obama goes after the off-shore tax cheats.

The mere stroke of a pen could create an enormous amount of jobs, not cost the government a dime, stimulate the economies of several industrial sectors, and fatten the treasury coffers by billions of dollars. So far it's the most agreed-upon option in this poll.

The mere stroke of a pen could create an enormous amount of jobs, not cost the government a dime, stimulate the economies of several industrial sectors, and fatten the treasury coffers by billions of dollars. So far it's the most agreed-upon option in this poll.

the fucking caribou sure don't need the oil.
With gas expected to hit $3 a gallon later this year drilling in the US in ANWR and off-shore is a no-brainer. Too bad the morons in DC just don't get it. Even switching some cars to LNG or electricity or hydrogen, or improving public transportation systems would help all around, boost employment and cut oil consumption.

There is nothing more important than UHC except re-regulating Wall Street.

It is consuming 17% of our GDP, and that number is rising.

Forum List

Back