Set Condition Yellow

Manhattan is a lot more fun without the celebratory hubbub of a holiday. Just visiting on a random typical day is a good time. When the millions of morons flock to the streets because it's an excuse to be even MORE of a moron, it loses its luster.

I can't imagine standing in a tightly packed crowd of millions and having a better time than being at some private party somewhere enjoying heat, a hot tub, and all the food and booze you could ask for.

But to each their own, I guess.

I like Manhattan, but I prefer New Yorkers in small groups, not large crowds.

I can't imagine standing in a tightly packed crowd of millions and having a better time than being at some private party somewhere enjoying heat, a hot tub, and all the food and booze you could ask for.

A private party of 2 is the best.............that's the fiancee and my "party" if all goes according to plan....a no kid night-woo hoo! :eusa_pray:

No kid nights are worth their weight in gold!

My planned no-kid night on New Year's turned into a kid night when my daughter got grounded this weekend (for a month). Meh. One thing that sucks about grounding your child is that it is, in essence, grounding yourself.
:eusa_eh:

So, set condition at my house will be no go.

Last edited:
My planned no-kid night on New Year's turned into a kid night when my daughter got grounded this weekend (for a month). Meh. One thing that sucks about grounding your child is that it is, in essence, grounding yourself.
:eusa_eh:

So, set condition at my house will be no go.

Good for you for sticking to your principles, even though it's ultimately at your expense on a once a year celebration.

Ironically, we probably won't be kidless either. Who's going to take a 1 year old on New Year's Eve? Even pop-pop has plans of his own.

Good for you for sticking to your principles, even though it's ultimately at your expense on a once a year celebration.

Ironically, we probably won't be kidless either. Who's going to take a 1 year old on New Year's Eve? Even pop-pop has plans of his own.

I think we are going to take the kidlet to dinner with us (she's 15 and appreciates good food). So, it may not be as punative as she's envisioning. For her, at least.

Aww, that's no good. If she doesn't feel as though she's really losing anything, then the only one who REALLY loses in the end is YOU.

Early bed without dinner should suffice.

Aww, that's no good. If she doesn't feel as though she's really losing anything, then the only one who REALLY loses in the end is YOU.

Early bed without dinner should suffice.

Or...................

Make her babysit your one year old! :clap2:

Dude, if we lived close enough, I might actually take that idea up!

No one finishes watching this kid without falling in love with him, though. Even that might not be sufficient punishment.

Dude, if we lived close enough, I might actually take that idea up!

No one finishes watching this kid without falling in love with him, though. Even that might not be sufficient punishment.

Ah,,,,I would do it if you lived here Paul, just NOT on NYE lol! :)

Because large crowds of people are getting blown up all the time here in the states. :rolleyes:

You have a better chance of getting in an airplane crash than you do getting blown up by terrorists, and you certainly have a better chance of getting into a car accident. I bet you probably don't even think twice when you pull out of your driveway though. Loosen up.

I live in NYC. I don't drive a car, don't have a driveway and I have a doorman.

lol

she is my business partner. we work well together.

friends ask me if we ever get sick of spending so much time together and even after more than 13 years the answer is still no.

I hit the jackpot with this girl and I never forget that.

Why do you keep letting your wife post for you? Where is the REAL Skull Pilot? :eusa_whistle:

I live in NYC. I don't drive a car, don't have a driveway and I have a doorman.

Surely you don't cross 5th Avenue at rush hour, though...???

That's DANGEROUS!

Imagine if a cab picked you off! Perish the thought!

You'd better stay inside where it's safe.

For me, the kicker about watching the ball drop would be this:

1) Subfreezing temps
2) Large crowds
3) Composed of New Yawkers. ugh.

The positive aspect of this would be?

Most of the people in Times Square are tourists.

And wtf do you against NY'ers? We're good people.

Shoot.

I've been enjoying these mild temps.

And extended period of extreme cold get's mighty damned expensive for us folks here in Maine.

I'm sitting here with me shorts on. Haven't put a coat on yet this year.

Forum List

Back