Sessions Bans Bump Stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humorme

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2017
Jeff Sessions is making it official: If you have a bump stock, you will have to surrender it, destroy it, or render it permanently inoperable.

WTH? Did Sessions and Trump not study the Constitution they vowed to uphold? Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. Bump stocks are worthless since you can pull the trigger and fire semi auto more accurately and almost as fast as the bump stock, but it was the principle.

For all their jockeying, Trump and Sessions screwed gun owners by circumventing the Constitution's ban on ex post facto laws. May ye rot in Hell Donald Chump.

Coming next... AR 15s????

He's trying to disappoint his supporters twice in one day, in hopes that they forget about it by Monday. And they will.

• Banned

ALL Republican presidents end up supporting gun control on the installment plan. Trump just showed us what he thinks of the Constitution... like George Bush saying it wasn't nothing more than a G.D. piece of paper.

IF Trump read the Constitution, he'd know that ex post facto laws are unconstitutional, but he can always hide behind commies like Kagan and use that as a defense.

Now, how long before it's mags, the AR, semi-autos? BTW, Florida is confiscating weapons as well.

Jeff Sessions is making it official: If you have a bump stock, you will have to surrender it, destroy it, or render it permanently inoperable.

WTH? Did Sessions and Trump not study the Constitution they vowed to uphold? Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. Bump stocks are worthless since you can pull the trigger and fire semi auto more accurately and almost as fast as the bump stock, but it was the principle.

For all their jockeying, Trump and Sessions screwed gun owners by circumventing the Constitution's ban on ex post facto laws. May ye rot in Hell Donald Chump.

Non compliance is always an option

-Geaux

This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

Laws governing fully automatic firearms have been enacted in 1934, 1968, and 1986, respectively – rendering illegal the possession of machineguns not obtained pursuant to those laws.

Consequently, the classification of ‘bump-fire’ stocks as machineguns does not violate the Constitution’s prohibition of ex post facto laws.

Link to the proposed regulatory policy:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1046006/download?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

ALL Republican presidents end up supporting gun control on the installment plan. Trump just showed us what he thinks of the Constitution... like George Bush saying it wasn't nothing more than a G.D. piece of paper.

IF Trump read the Constitution, he'd know that ex post facto laws are unconstitutional, but he can always hide behind commies like Kagan and use that as a defense.

Now, how long before it's mags, the AR, semi-autos? BTW, Florida is confiscating weapons as well.
Yes, most conservatives are truly this stupid.

American gun owners will not comply. Earlier this year Massachusetts did the same thing and had less bump stocks/trigger cranks turned in than I have fingers on my Right hand.

This is as ignorant as it is wrong.

Laws governing fully automatic firearms have been enacted in 1934, 1968, and 1986, respectively – rendering illegal the possession of machineguns not obtained pursuant to those laws.

Consequently, the classification of ‘bump-fire’ stocks as machineguns does not violate the Constitution’s prohibition of ex post facto laws.

Link to the proposed regulatory policy:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1046006/download?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery

Except that you don't understand the mechanics of how a bump fire stock works and it is well within the law as the ATF previously determined AND sent letters to the manufacturer to that effect.

You cannot change the fact that bump stocks do not operate so as to make a firearm fully auto no more than putting a flash hider on a Mini 14 will transform it into a select fire NFA weapon.

Last edited:

American gun owners will not comply. Earlier this year Massachusetts did the same thing and had less bump stocks/trigger cranks turned in than I have fingers on my Right hand.

I realize a lot of people will rebel, but it is still illegal AND the part that whizzes me off is that it is a violation of the ex post facto laws. I don't give a rip about the stocks per se, it is the violation of the Constitution and wondering what Right they come after next.

They have just banned rubber bands.

Everyone needs to buy a bunch of fat rubber bands, write bump stock on them, and mail them to the politicians in DC.

I realize a lot of people will rebel, but it is still illegal AND the part that whizzes me off is that it is a violation of the ex post facto laws. I don't give a rip about the stocks per se, it is the violation of the Constitution and wondering what Right they come after next.

They'll be going door to door confiscating all 350 million guns nationwide.

Obama and the Deep State involved is what I hear ...

Bunker up - and beware the chemtrails!
:rolleyes:

fire.guns.jpg

Closed. No source cited

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back