Serving two Masters...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Why Obama's Jewish margin in Florida could be critical - Yahoo! News

The administration's policies on Israel are one reason some Jewish voters may be reconsidering their support for Obama, said Martinez, particularly in the face of a perceived nuclear threat from Iran.

Obama has also had a rocky relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, with the two clashing over Israel's settlement policy and efforts to revive the peace process.

The still-struggling economy, nationally and in Florida - where, with more than 1 million people out of work, the unemployment rate is higher than the national average - is also a primary factor. "The bigger picture is that Jewish voters, like all voters, have been impacted by (it)," said Martinez.

"I voted for Obama in 2008, but I don't anticipate voting for him in the upcoming election," said William Levine, a Boca Raton, Fla., resident. He said Obama's position on Israel and Mideast affairs was "a significant factor," but he also cited domestic issues, including the president's handling of the economy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
voters are entitled to their issues-----that is why some elections have been swayed in the USA based on the position of the candidate on ABORTION -----in areas where there are catholic voters. The state in which I grew up was so filled with waspy slobs----that any candidate that supported WELFARE FOR THE IMPOVERISHED was likely to lose One of our governors risked assassination because he wanted to SPREAD SCHOOL FUNDS evenly over the more wealthy areas and the impoverished inner cities In that state schools were supported by local taxes----the richer the town the better the school and no school choosing allowed. TOWN LOYALTY WAS AN ISSUE

Forum List

Back