Services index increases in August

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
U.S. Service Economy Unexpectedly Grows at Faster Pace in ISM August Index - Bloomberg

The Institute for Supply Management’s index of non- manufacturing businesses increased to 53.3 last month from 52.7 in July. Economists forecast the gauge would drop to 51, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey. A reading above 50 signals expansion.

A pickup among the non-manufacturing industries that account for about 90 percent of the economy shows the recovery may persist amid dimming job prospects and rising pessimism about the economic outlook. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said last month that the economy will probably improve in the second half of this year.

I am thinking about 4 more liesmatter threads from you today...... :lol:

• Banned
The ISM services survey covers industries ranging from utilities and retailing to health care and finance. Today’s report follows the group’s Sept. 1 figures that showed manufacturing unexpectedly expanded in August, allaying concern the world’s largest economy is headed for another recession.

• Banned
while you count my threads the economy is getting better.

I know the facts here pain you

while you count my threads the economy is getting better.

I know the facts here pain you

I would hate to see what you consider getting worse.

but keep telling yourself the lies if that comforts you...sad that you hate America and Americans so much...just for your political hackery.

• Banned
What is the lie bloomberg is telling here ?

You got nothing huh?

U.S. Service Economy Unexpectedly Grows at Faster Pace in ISM August Index - Bloomberg

The Institute for Supply Management’s index of non- manufacturing businesses increased to 53.3 last month from 52.7 in July. Economists forecast the gauge would drop to 51, according to the median estimate in a Bloomberg News survey. A reading above 50 signals expansion.

A pickup among the non-manufacturing industries that account for about 90 percent of the economy shows the recovery may persist amid dimming job prospects and rising pessimism about the economic outlook. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said last month that the economy will probably improve in the second half of this year.

First off, it's 'SERVICE INDUSTRY', moron.. not 'Service Economy'.

From your link...
“The economy is stuck in first gear, which is better than being in reverse, but the report certainly isn’t saying that we’re moving into second gear in the second half of the year.”

Estimates for the index from 74 economists ranged from 49 to 53.5.

The Conference Board’s index of consumer confidence dropped last week to the lowest level since April 2009, and the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index has been stuck below minus 40 since the end of February, the level associated with recessions.

An Aug. 29 Commerce Department report showed that the income left after taking out taxes and adjusting for inflation dropped 0.1 percent in July, the first decrease since September 2010.

You pick 1 point, from a single source out of 74 sources, and completely ignore all the rest of your own source, most of which shows bad news.

Typical TM.

From your link...
“The economy is stuck in first gear, which is better than being in reverse, but the report certainly isn’t saying that we’re moving into second gear in the second half of the year.”

The Conference Board’s index of consumer confidence dropped last week to the lowest level since April 2009, and the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index has been stuck below minus 40 since the end of February, the level associated with recessions.

An Aug. 29 Commerce Department report showed that the income left after taking out taxes and adjusting for inflation dropped 0.1 percent in July, the first decrease since September 2010.

You pick 1 point, from a single source out of 74 sources, and completely ignore all the rest of your own source, most of which shows bad news.

Typical TM.

As i said... she wanted prof

i gave her....herself.

I don't even waste my time counterpointing her. I go straight to mocking.

First off, it's 'SERVICE INDUSTRY', moron.. not 'Service Economy'.those were bloombergs words

From your link...

Typical TM.

I know you perfer an economy in decline but there is good news in this article and you CHOOSE to only see bad.

What is it consumer confidence measures and HOW does that measure rise?

Not by screaming like your hairs on fire that the country is gasping its last breath.

From your link...

Typical TM.

i gave her....herself.

You never have anything of substance to say no matter what the subject.

Here you didnt even bother the read the Op and just entered in the conversation to call petty names.

If you dont answer me because you dont like me then fine , go away

the non-manufacturing industries that account for about 90 percent of the economy shows the recovery may persist amid dimming job prospects and rising pessimism about the economic outlook

90% folks

From your link...

Typical TM.

i gave her....herself.

You never have anything of substance to say no matter what the subject.

Here you didnt even bother the read the Op and just entered in the conversation to call petty names.

If you dont answer me because you dont like me then fine , go away

with you? bother to give an answer :lol:

if you want substance... then produce something to give an answer of substance.

all you have is talking point drivel that you reproduce as links.

i LOVE you liesmatter. You are very amusing to watch dance

So a report that says 90 percent of the economy is doing much better is nothin g to you?

Forum List

Back